One Drink Too Many

The Greatest Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            A blaring alarm sounded, cranked at full volume, waking Kyuhyun immediately.  He sat up in bed, dislodging the heavy weight on his shoulder, and slammed his hand unto the poor, defenseless alarm clock, the loud screech dying instantly.  Dazed from all the drinking he’d done the night before, he closed his eyes and rubbed them.  Beside him, he felt the mattress shift and the comforter move across his bare legs.  His eyes shot open in surprise and he looked, disbelievingly, as Ryeowook blinked repeatedly, trying to shield his eyes from the morning light with his hand.

            Splotches of memory began to register in Kyuhyun’s head: going out to drink away his sorrow over his girlfriend dumping him, slamming shot after shot with his best friend, taking a cab home and trying to help each other walk down the hall, falling into bed and dragging Ryeowook down with him, kissing, more kissing, stripping, touching each other, laughing, and then…

            “Oh my god, no!” Kyuhyun said as he recalled the sound of him his name, the feel of his soft skin, the sweet taste of his lips. 

            Ryeowook sat up beside him and yelped in pain, his breath hitching as he wiggled around.  Suddenly he stopped moving altogether and looked over at Kyuhyun.  His brows furrowed and his mouth dropped open before he quickly lay back down and hid himself under the covers.  Grabbing the pillow, he set it over his head and screamed into it.

            “!” Kyuhyun cursed, pulling the pillow away from Ryeowook and tossing it onto the floor.  “Did I hurt you?  I did, didn’t I?” he asked, turning Ryeowook to face him.

            Ryeowook turned bright red and quickly hid his face with his hands.  “Don’t look at me!”

            “I’m so sorry, Wookie!” Kyuhyun said, releasing Ryeowook and running his hand through his hair, aggravated.  “I can’t believe this.  I never—how could—I’m so sorry I hurt you.”

            “We slept together!” Ryeowook exclaimed, rolling away from Kyuhyun. 

            “I’m so sorry,” Kyuhyun repeated, pulling up the cover enough to confirm he was still .  He shook his head as the series of events from the night before came back to him with more clarity.  “I don’t even know how this could have happened.  I was so drunk that I ed a guy.  And not just any guy: you!  This is insane,” he rambled on.

            “Shut up, Kyuhyun,” Ryeowook ordered him, trying again to sit up and biting his lip to keep from crying out. 

            “Do you need anything?”                                                      

            “No,” he said, exhaling roughly.  “Just quit talking for a minute and let me think in peace.  I feel like my head is about to split in two and my is on fire.  The last thing I want to hear is your commentary.”

            Since Ryeowook now had his back turned, Kyuhyun quickly slid out of the bed and located his jeans across the room, next to the computer desk.  He quickly pulled them on and zipped them up before walking around the bed to check on Ryeowook.  His eyes were shut tight as he just sat on the bed.  He debated apologizing again but thought the better of it and began to hunt around the room and collect his clothes.  Once he believed he’d found every article, he set them on the bed next to Ryeowook. 

            Just as he was about to open his mouth to speak, there was a knock on the door.  Ryeowook’s eyes popped open in surprise and they both looked over at the unlocked door.  Kyuhyun ran for the door just as it was opening and pushed his body into it. 

            Sungmin jumped back in surprise.  “Sorry!  I didn’t think you’d be up already.  I didn’t hear you come home, it must have been late.”

            Kyuhyun nodded, clearing his throat.  “Very late.  But I have to be at the television station in a little while, so I can’t sleep in.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter