Rewind: That Drunken Night

The Greatest Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            The little vixen only waited it out until they’d carried their bags into the apartment before she rang to be let up.  If it were up to Ryeowook, he would have told her where to go over the intercom and been done with her but Kyuhyun buzzed her up and waited by the door until she reached the apartment.

            She had this horrid smirk on her face as she strolled in and opened her arms wide for a hug.  Kyuhyun just leaned against the wall and stared at her unblinkingly and she took the hint and lowered her arms before Ryeowook ran across the room and tackled her.  It was going to get very ugly around here if she tried to touch Kyuhyun at all.  Anywhere.

            This was likely the reason that Jongwoon and Sungmin were still standing next to him instead of escaping to their room.  Sungmin even wrapped his fingers around Ryeowook’s arm, to assure himself that Ryeowook wouldn’t bolt away from him and attack Kyuhyun’s ex.  And it was tempting.  She’d gone all out, just as Jongwoon had implied, and her hair was styled into big red waves and she wore a dress that barely managed to cover her behind with heels on that propelled her above Ryeowook’s head.  After Kyuhyun’s refusal to hug her, she began to pout, sticking out her red lips. 

            “What’s the deal?” he asked her.  “I thought everything was said and done between us already?”

            “Actually, I told you that I’d give you a week to come up with an answer to my question.”

            “No, I gave you my answer already.”

            Tiffany looked over at their audience, her eyes narrowing as she looked over at Ryeowook.  “Perhaps it would be best if we spoke alone.  Can we go to your room for a few minutes?”

            Sungmin outright grabbed Ryeowook’s arm with both of his before Ryeowook could manage to react at all.  To his surprise, Kyuhyun nodded and pointed the way to the room.  The minute the door closed between them, the three of them hurried down the hall to listen in.  Sungmin very sternly warned Ryeowook to keep his cool and not to enter the room—no matter what!  Ryeowook decided it would be in his best interest to follow orders—for now—and brought his ear to Kyuhyun’s door.

            “That wasn’t a breakup.  That was me giving you a breather so that you could straighten out your priorities and figure out what mattered more to you.”

            “I told you already that if you made me chose between the two of you, it was over!  I’m not about to agree to your stupid demands!” Kyuhyun shot back at her. 

            “You’re so stubborn!  You realize you could have both if you just realize that your girlfriend should have priority over everyone else.  Is that how you’d treat your wife later on when you get married too?”

           “I don’t love you anyway, so it doesn’t matter.”

            “This coming from the man who had tears running down his face when I gave him an ultimatum?” she questioned, laughing lightly.

            “I wasn’t crying because you threatened to leave me.  I was crying because I realized that you might have been right about what was going on all along and I was scared about what that meant,” he said, so soft that they all had to lean a little closer to the door to hear him. 

            She must have been thrown off by this a moment because she didn’t respond.  Ryeowook began to worry that she’d perhaps walked up to Kyuhyun and began kissing him but then she finally responded, her voice uneven.

            “What do you mean by that?”           

            “You know what I mean.  You were the one who accused me of feeling something more than I should, weren’t you?  Turns out, you were right,” Kyuhyun harshly informed her.

            “You aren’t serious.  You’re lying just to make me mad, to get even with me.”

            “The hell I am,” Kyuhyun calmly responded.  “And not only were you right about me but  it seems the feeling is mutual.”

            “That’s a lie!  You were crushed when I walked away!”

            “I was confused, not crushed,” Kyuhyun explained.

            “So, you’re trying to tell me that all this time, you really felt nothing for me?  Even though you told me that you cared for me?”

            “I cared for you but I never loved y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter