Valentine

The Greatest Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Kyuhyun woke up extra early just to have a shot of catching Sungmin alone before anyone else woke up.  This was going to be a hit and miss, since Jongwoon was still dealing with boyfriend withdrawal and Sungmin was about to leave town for a couple days.  It was barely eight in the morning and as he walked out the door of his bedroom, he heard voices, which wasn’t a good sign. 

            Sungmin and Jongwoon were getting their coats on and Kyuhyun had to interrupt their conversation just to get a word in before they headed out the door.  “Minnie!”

            “Oh, good morning, Kyu!”

            “I didn’t think you’d be up already!”

            “You’re the last one up,” Jongwoon told him.  “Ryeowook left almost an hour ago too.”

            “Where’d he go?” Kyuhyun asked.

            Jongwoon shrugged.

            “Where are you two headed?”

            “We’re meeting Woon’s mom for breakfast,” Sungmin said.

            “Oh,” Kyuhyun said, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand.  “I was hoping to have a chat with you about something.  Do you think you’ll have a chance later today, before we have to leave?”

            Sungmin glanced at Jongwoon, who nodded. 

            “Sure.  I think we’ll be back by late morning.  Can we talk then?”

            Kyuhyun nodded.  “Thanks.”

            “Is it something urgent?”

            “No, I just…not really.  But, just me and you.  Okay?”

            “Okay, we’ll see you in a few hours then,” Sungmin said as Jongwoon ushered him out the door.

            Kyuhyun made his way back to his bedroom and picked up his phone.  He debated whether or not to bug Ryeowook but his curiosity outweighed his fear of pissing him off and he began to type.

            Where’d you go so early?

            Ryeowook wasn’t known for always noticing his phone message go off, especially if he turned the sound down.  Even if he did get the message, he sometimes ignored it.  That was one of the little things that drove Kyuhyun crazy sometimes.  Thankfully, his alert went off almost immediately.

            Studio.

            Why?

            Working on new music.

            Ryeowook had been hard at work writing music in his downtime lately and was pretty good at composing a main melody but usually worked with a couple more people from the studio to develop the lyrics and finish it off.  Kyuhyun had already sung one of the recently written pieces for Ryeowook while he played the keyboard, just so he could hear it put together and note the changes he wanted to make.  The whole process fascinated Kyuhyun, but not to the point of doing it himself.  He occasionally dabbled in writing a silly song but most of his interest was just in singing. 

            Thankfully, he took it to the studio today.  Nothing was worse than having to walk around on eggshells, trying to be quiet and not bug him, when he was writing something new.  And worse was when he and Sungmin were working on something together.  He usually left for the day, he couldn’t take it.  Jongwoon usually went to hide at his café.  Of course, this wasn’t exactly an occasional pastime for them; they worked on writing music anytime they had a chunk of time or when something came to mind.  It was even worse when Donghae or Leeteuk were writing music upstairs.  Eunhyuk, at least, wasn’t as moody when writing raps.  He could spit out a pretty good run of lines just eating breakfast with everyone chatting around him.

            Are you going anywhere else?

            Shopping.

            With who?

            No one.  Just grocery shopping.  Why?

            Are you coming back after that?

            Yes.

            When?

            Quit bugging me, I’m working.

            That was Ryeowook’s favorite line.  Kyuhyun put down the phone, knowing that he was only going to bother him if he kept at it.  Instead, he his computer and began to play games to kill the time.  It was, after all, what he did best…aside from singing.

 

           

 

            Ryeowook returned to the apartment with his bag of groceries.  They had a concert that night and would be flying to Bangkok the next day, so any urgent errands had to be done bright and early.  As he entered, he was surprised to find both Jongwoon and Sungmin gone and Kyuhyun already up, playing music in his room with the door open.  He tried to be quiet as he slipped into the kitchen but instantly heard the music die and Kyuhyun’s telltale footsteps walking down the hall.

            He was already digging into the bag to find the items that went into the refrigerator when Kyuhyun came in.  He looked over Ryeowook’s shoulder into his bag.  “Didn’t you get me anything?”

           Ryeowook gave him a confused look.  “Did you need something?”

           “I thought you’d buy me some chocolate for Valentine’s Day.”

           “Why would I get you anything for Valentine’s Day?” he asked, grabbing a handful of items and carrying them over to the refrigerator.

           “Aren’t I entitled to anything after sleeping with you?”

           Ryeowook gave him a dirty look and then walked over to the doorway to make sure no one else was around listening to them.  “Usually one night stands don’t stick around long enough to get anything more than an STD or a positive pregnancy test.”

           “You going to call me up in nine months, Wookie?”

           “Why are you in here?”

           “I’m looking for something to eat!” he said, sifting through the rest of Ryeowook’s bag.  “You could have gotten me something.”

           “Did you get me anything?” Ryeowook asked, taking the food out of Kyuhyun’s hands. 

           “It isn’t White Day for another month,” he said, reaching the bottom and finding some candy.  He pulled it out and looked it over.  “Isn’t this my favorite chocolate covered nuts?”

           “They were my favorite before they were yours—you just eat them all every time I buy them,” Ryeowook informed him.

           “Come on, just admit that you got them for me like you usually do when you go grocery shopping.  Why is it suddenly hard to admit after one night together?”

           “Why must you keep bringing that up over and over?  Trust me, I haven’t forgotten about us sleeping together, especially when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter