Words Unspoken

The Greatest Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Kyuhyun couldn’t sleep.  In truth, he didn’t care if he slept or not.  Ryeowook was cuddled up to him, his head resting on Kyuhyun’s shoulder, his hand on his chest.  If there was a moment he could be stuck in forever, it was right now.  All this time that they’d known each other, it never occurred to Kyuhyun that they could have more than they already did.  He’d always thought of Ryeowook as his best friend and relied on him heavily, as his friend, roommate, and fellow member.  Even as his wiser and more patient hyung.  It never dawned on him that he could have everything with Ryeowook.  And now that he knew what he’d been missing, he’d be damned if he let anyone else steal it away from him.

            Ryeowook stirred, his muscles tensing for a moment.  Kyuhyun pulled the blankets up over his shoulders and tucked it around him to keep him warm before wrapping his hand around Ryeowook’s, gently squeezing.

           Now that they’d slept together officially this time, he never wanted to spend another night without him.  As a general rule, he knew he was a bit selfish sometimes but he wouldn’t budge on this.  It didn’t matter if Ryeowook had wanted someone else for several years now.  He felt certain that he felt more for Ryeowook than anyone else ever would and Ryeowook deserved to have someone who wanted him.  No matter how long it took, he’d prove to him that no one would care for him more than he would.

           But he couldn’t help but worry that he could lose him.  At least he felt certain that this time he’d satisfied him completely in bed and although he knew that he couldn’t avoid hurting Ryeowook a little, he had managed to hold himself back enough to wait out his initial discomfort.  They were both thoroughly satisfied.  But now that Kyuhyun had taken him a second time, he felt more possessive of him.  He wanted more than just Ryeowook’s body.  No…he needed more.  It was on par with breathing or eating or sleeping.  He needed Ryeowook to be his and no one else’s.  But it was too early to spill his emotions to his lover. 

           His thoughts consumed him but he eventually fell asleep from exhaustion in the wee hours of the morning.  His dreamt of singing onstage and teasing his lover as they performed and when he woke, he was kissed awake by Ryeowook.  As his eyes fluttered open, Ryeowook sat back on the bed, looking at Kyuhyun with smiling eyes and laughing affectionately.

           “What’s so funny?”

           “You were calling my name in your sleep,” Ryeowook answered, reaching over and playing with Kyuhyun’s hair. 

           “You’ve infiltrated my dreams now,” he admitted, stretching for a moment before grasping Ryeowook’s arms and pulling him on top of him.  He rolled over, turning Ryeowook onto his back, and kissed him. 

           Kyuhyun pulled back before he got too .  Ryeowook was still getting used to him and if they slept together this morning, he was sure to be sore.  He could wait until later if he didn’t tempt himself too much.  So he began to poke Ryeowook in the side, an area he was particularly ticklish and within seconds, Ryeowook was doubled over laughing, trying to wiggle away from Kyuhyun’s hands.

           When he let up for a moment, he glanced over at the alarm clock.  They only had a half hour until they had to be downstairs to meet up for breakfast.  “Ah, I slept too late.”

           “Sorry,” Ryeowook apologized.  “I turned off the alarm because I wanted to let you sleep in.”

           “You don’t have to feel bad.  You’re right, I didn’t get enough sleep.  I just wanted to spend a little more time alone with you before I had to share you with the rest of the world again,” Kyuhyun admitted, pulling the blankets off him.

           He hadn’t bothered to put on anything except boxer briefs, which didn’t seem like a problem in the middle of the night but now that the sunlight was coming in through the window, he felt a little more self-conscious.  It wasn’t that Ryeowook had never seen him shirtless—they went swimming on occasion, after all—but now they were lovers and would be getting their fill of looking at each other and suddenly he felt a little embarrassed. 

           The fact was, he’d dated quite a few women over the years but he’d only slept with a couple of them.  This was inevitably why his past relationships didn’t work out.  He wasn’t very attracted to the women he dated, although he thought them very pretty.  They just didn’t do it for him.  So, this level of intimacy was still new to him, although he wasn’t about to admit that any time soon.  He’d rather Ryeowook think him braver and more experienced than he was.  So, he forced himself not to run into the bathroom to hide or cover himself up with the blankets.  He casually walked over to his suitcase and rummaged around for clothes.

           Ryeowook came up behind him and s his arms around Kyuhyun’s waist, kissing his shoulder.  “You can have me all to yourself tonight.”

           There were days he wouldn’t give to be just an ordinary person so he could call in sick to work and stay in bed all day.  And although he wouldn’t trade doing what he loved—which hardly seemed like a job—it still had its drawbacks.  He only wished life was a little less complicated at times.

           Kyuhyun turned around, intent on kissing Ryeowook again but he was already backing away and heading for the bathroom.  “Besides, we’ll be around each other all day today!”

           “But I won’t be able to act the way I want to,” Kyuhyun pointed out.

           “You’ll still get by with more than the average person would without it looking weird,” Ryeowook pointed out.  “You can still stand near me and touch me.”

           Kyuhyun began walking towards the bathroom and caught the door before Ryeowook shut it.  “So I get to wrap an arm around you or even smack your …that’s nothing to what I’m going to do to you when we get back here tonight.”

           Ryeowook laughed and playfully shoved Kyuhyun out of the bathroom and shut the door.  Kyuhyun fought his inner urges and concentrated on getting ready and managed to be dressed and ready to go by the time the manager knocked on their door to come downstairs.  Kyuhyun waited at the door while Ryeowook slipped on his shoes and just as he reached for the doorknob, Kyuhyun grabbed him by the shoulders and turned Ryeowook around to face him.  He then wrapped his arms around his lover and kissed him hard, pouring enough passion into one kiss as a reminder to Ryeowook that they’d have each other again later on.  And Ryeowook didn’t try to pull away, his hands resting on Kyuhyun’s chest as he kissed him back. 

           A second banging at the door and Hyukjae and Donghae hollering on the other side of the door, shouting for the sleepy maknaes to get up, finally drew them away from one another.  Kyuhyun wiped his lips dry, smiling down at Ryeowook.  “This is going to be a really long day.”

           Ryeowook his lips and finally opened the door.  He was immediately pounced on by Hyukjae and Donghae, who ruffled his hair and drug him down the hallway.  Kyuhyun watched in amusement as Ryeowook managed to poke and smack their hyungs around enough to dislodge them and then waited for Kyuhyun to catch up before walking onto the elevator together.  Standing side by side, Ryeowook snuck his hand behind Kyuhyun and pinched his hard, making Kyuhyun squirm and he roughly bumped into Ryeowook, sending him flying into an unsuspecting Hyukjae.  Perhaps it wouldn’t be pure torture after all, he realized. 

 

 

            Although he knew that something was different about the maknaes, it took Sungmin until later afternoon to finally put two and two together—as in, two of them about as together as two people can get—and smiled smugly to himself at being able to predict that they would eventually sleep together again.  It meant that what he suspected had been true all along: Kyuhyun had some interest in Ryeowook.  And he’d obviously taken great care of Ryeowook this time around because he never noticed the slightest discomfort, even when they were dancing.  That’s why it took him so long to figure out why Kyuhyun appeared so blissfully happy when he’d started the day before so badly.  It wasn’t until he spotted them looking over at one another backstage and their eyes were full of so much emo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter