Evil Maknaes Magnified

The Greatest Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            After reading in bed for several hours that afternoon, Jongwoon became thirsty and headed to the kitchen to get something to drink.  As he entered the room, he found Kyuhyun and Ryeowook kissing beside the stove, which was full of pans of food being cooked for dinner.  They never bothered to stop or even glance over at him as he opened the refrigerator, looked over the three shelves, and then grabbed a can of soda.  He shut the door and opened the can, the noise of it echoing in the room, and took a couple gulps before looking over at them. 

            Ryeowook, spatula in hand, had his free hand in Kyuhyun’s hair as he stood on his tiptoes and Kyuhyun had his arms around his boyfriend, pressed against his chest.  Their lips were glued together, moving against one another but never separating.  They ignored him as if he wasn’t there.

            Jongwoon headed down the hall and entered Ryeowook’s room, where Sungmin was playing on the keyboard, going over the new music he’d been writing and making adjustments.  He closed the door behind him and stood next to Sungmin, waiting for a break in the piece but Sungmin stopped abruptly and looked back at him, smiling brightly.

            “What brings you in?”

            “I was just taking a break to get something to drink and the lovebirds were at it again in the kitchen.  I’m wondering—because it was so long ago, I honestly don’t remember—were we this bad when we first started dating too?”

            “He just got home from filming his show all day; of course they’re excited to see one another.  We were like that too once.”

           “I miss you when you’re gone a lot but, I mean, I feel like every time I walk into a room, I find those two stuck to one another.  When does that die down?”

            “Are you complaining about it?” Sungmin asked, turning around on the bench to look up at his boyfriend.  “Ryeowook’s been heartbroken for so long now, how can you not feel a pang of happiness whenever you see them together?”

            “Because I’m not as wishy-washy as you.”

            Sungmin stood up and placed his hands on Jongwoon’s hips.  “I think you’re very romantic when you want to be and that you even feel happy for Kyu and Wook, even if you won’t admit it.”

            “I’m happy they’re together,” Jongwoon claimed, resting his free hand on Sungmin’s shoulder and beginning to play with the hair at his nape.  “I just feel weird walking in on them making out and I don’t know if I’m just being unrealistic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter