Word of Mouth

The Greatest Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     The moment Jongwoon walked into the apartment, Sungmin bounded into the room, practically skipping.  He was the only grown man that could pull that off and look adorable doing it, Jongwoon thought, smiling from ear to ear to see his boyfriend for the first time in three days. 

     “Welcome home!” Sungmin greeted him, wrapping his arms around Jongwoon’s neck.

      Jongwoon wasted no time and pulled Sungmin closer, bringing his head down to kiss Sungmin soundly.  They’d spent far too much time apart lately, between SJM and KRY schedules, and Jongwoon was growing tired of spending his time away from Sungmin when he was going to be leaving him for almost two years within a matter of months. 

     Just as Jongwoon was thinking about dragging them both into the bedroom, Sungmin pulled back.  “I have some exciting news to tell you.”

     “Can you tell me later?” he asked, sliding his hands down to Sungmin’s hips and pulling him closer.

     Sungmin jumped back, dislodging his hands.  “No, this is really good!”

     Jongwoon picked his luggage back up and carried it to the bedroom.  “What is it?” he asked, faining interest.

     Sungmin followed him into the bedroom and closed the door behind him.  He walked over to where Jongwoon and leaned close, speaking quietly into his ear.  “Wookie and Kyu slept together.”

     “What?” Jongwoon asked, in total shock.  “When?”

     “Shhh!  Wookie’s asleep in his room!” Sungmin warned him, placing one finger over Jongwoon’s lips.  “Two nights ago.”

     “How do you know?”

     “They came back home from drinking all night and they were very loud.  I mean, you should have heard them.  I almost called you and put the phone up to the wall but I didn’t want to wake you, you get too cranky.”

     “So, they didn’t tell you?  We have to pretend not to know?”

     Sungmin nodded.  “Although Wookie told me that he slept with the mystery man but he still hasn’t said who that is.  And then Kyuhyun brought food up to the station later that night.  You should have seen those two trying to act like nothing happened.  They kept looking at each other when they didn’t think the other was looking.”

     “So, they’re together now, or what?”

     “No,” Sungmin said, shaking his head.  “Apparently Kyuhyun freaked out about it in the morning and Ryeowook didn’t fess up to liking him, so they’re acting weird around each other.  But not as weird as they should be.”

     “You think Kyuhyun secretly has feelings for Wookie too?”

     “Maybe, but I’m not sure if he’s aware of it.”

     “Those two are hopeless,” Jongwoon said, opening up his luggage and beginning to empty it out.  “But I am surprised they slept together.”

     “It was only a matter of time.  I can’t wait to see how long it takes before they do it again, without the excuse of drinking too much,” he said, squealing in delight.  “Oh, it makes me think back to when we started dating.”

     “Um…we slept together for several weeks before there was any mention of dating,” he reminded Sungmin.

     “Yeah, I miss that sometimes.  It felt naughty,” he said, sighing wistfully.

     “Oh, we can go back to being naughty anytime you want.  What should we do next?  in public?  It’s been awhile.”

     “Anytime,” Sungmin said, winking.

     Jongwoon walked back over to Sungmin and began to kiss his neck.  “I can’t wait that long,” Jongwoon said, lightly nipping at Sungmin’s throat.  “I want you now.”

     “No teeth,” Sungmin lectured him.  “We’re performing at the awards tonight, remember?”

     “You mean no teeth where the clothes won’t cover you, right?” he asked, ing Sungmin’s shirt and beginning to his collarbone. 

     “Right.”

 

 

     Changmin answered the door, smiling brightly.  “Hey!” he said, opening his arms wide for his good friend.

     Kyuhyun hugged Changmin, patting him on the back before releasing him and walking into the apartment.  “Thanks for letting me bug you this early.”

     “Well, you must really need to talk about something if you’re willing to come over at the crack of dawn before I have to be on set.  You’re lucky they didn’t need me early today.  Sometimes I’m already in makeup by now.”

     “I must be fate,” Kyuhyun said humorlessly.

     Changmin made a good effort not to laugh but a little chuckle snuck through.  “I think you need some coffee.”

     “I think you’re right,” he agreed, taking off his jacket and tossing it on the leather sofa. 

     Kyuhyun sat down at the dining room table and Changmin brought out a couple mugs of coffee.  “Okay, so you sounded really panicked yesterday.  I admit that I was so worried, I almost called Yunho to go find you and calm you down.  What the hell’s going on?”

     “Well, it started off with me getting dumped again.”

     “I heard.”

     “From who?” Kyuhyun asked, fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter