Chapter 5

Waiting For Him

 

The sun was shining brightly when Luhan woke up. It felt as if dozens of bright rays were shooting down at him, waking him from his peaceful slumber. Slowly, Luhan stirred from his bed and sat up, a glum and sleepy look on his face. Thoughts of the day before rushed to him and he remembered Sehun. Carefully standing up and moving to the bathroom, Luhan washed up in silence, his mind distracted.

 

It was 10am but since it was a Saturday, he didn’t need to worry. Hesitantly, he took his phone and scrolled to his messages, a sense of dread filling him as he turned to it, feeling a heavy weight fall on his chest.

None from Sehun.

Biting his lip, Luhan felt lost. As if something was missing. He had never spent a day without talking or seeing Sehun. Damn, he felt reliant on Sehun. Luhan ran a hand through his hair, feeling frustrated. Why did he love him so much? Sighing to himself, Luhan sat down on his bed and buried himself in his thoughts.

 Should he go over and look for him?

“I should…” Luhan murmured, absently dragging himself out of the room, careful to close the door behind him. 

“Mom, I’m heading over to Sehun’s” Luhan called out as he flew down the stairs, bolting out of the door. Calming himself, he started to walk towards Sehun’s house. Breathe Luhan, breathe, he constantly reminded himself. 

Knock Knock.

The door opened and Sehun stood in the doorway, looking surprised at Luhan.

“Hyung! What are you doing here so early?” Sehun said, smiling at him. The smile on Luhan’s face faded quickly.

Did the boy not remember what he said last afternoon? 

“Oh…I…I just…” Luhan struttered, looking anywhere but the boy, feeling hurt. “Nothing…” he finally sighed, “ I’m sorry I bothered you…” he said softly, turning away from the door, feeling hi Sehun frowned.

“Wait, hyung. I want to tell you something.”

Luhan turned back,” Y-yeah?” He held on to the last strand of hope. Perhaps...he did remember after all...?

Sehun smiled,” it’s about yesterday.”

Luhan stiffened,” what about yesterday?” Sehun gestured for him to come inside,”I’ll tell you, but come on in first.” Nodding slightly, Luhan went into the house and headed for Sehun’s room.

“So, I was going to go home but then Hyeri came up to me…she asked me to go shopping with her, she wanted to buy a present for her brother.” Sehun said excitedly, “ …then I went with her, it felt like a date, I think I really like her…”

Luhan’s hands clenched tightly, a smiled plastered to his face,” really? That’s great! So, what did you get her brother?”

“Oh, I chose a baseball cap for him, since he likes baseball and all, it was so fun. What did you do?” Sehun chirped happily.

Luhan fidgeted slightly,” Oh, nothing much…I just went home…”

“Oh no…”

 Luhan glanced up at Sehun,” What’s wrong?” he asked the younger boy.

“I’m so sorry hyung! I forgot!” Sehun started to apologise.

 Luhan smiled tenderly. “It’s okay Hunnie…” he mumbled softly , lying on Sehun’s bed.

 “Sorry, hyung! I really forgot! Do you want to get bubble tea now?” Sehun asked, feeling guilty. Luhan laughed.

“Really? That’s what you’ll do to apologise?” Luhan . Sehun scowled.

“I said I’m sorry okay, let’s just go get the bubble tea now…” Sehun mumbled, standing up from his seat.

Luhan chuckled softly and nodded, following the younger boy’s actions, moving out of the room and into the cool morning.

“So…you went home yesterday after I didn’t turn up?” Sehun asked. Luhan hesitated and smiled.

“Yes…what else could I do?” Luhan replied uneasily.

“You didn’t wait for me right?” Sehun asked him curiously. Luhan fidgeted ,” Not really…” two hours was hardly waiting, sure.

***

“Man, I haven’t had one of these in daaaays!” Sehun sighed in relief as he got his bubble tea in his hand. “It’s been so loooong.” He whined. Luhan chuckled softly at the younger boy’s actions, feeling his heart do tiny leaps at his cuteness.

Luhan drank his own drink quietly, drifting around in his thoughts, he didn’t notice Sehun pouting at him.

“Yah hyung! Talk to me!” Sehun whined, his voice thick with aegyo. Luhan blinked a few times and tried desperately to calm his racing heart.

“Yeah yeah. So…do you like bubble tea?” Luhan blurted out. Sehun scowled at him.

“No, I love them hyung. Don’t ask ridiculous things. How are you the past days? Are you feeling better?” Sehun pressed, looking at the older boy with attentive eye.

“Yeah…kind of.”

“What do you mean?” Sehun asked, “Ohhhh! Hyung! You’re in love aren’t you?” Luhan choked on his drink and stared at Sehun, his eyes bulging.

“In l-love?” he coughed out.

“Yeeeaaah hyung. You are, right?”

Luhan fidgeted,” maybe.”

“Ooooh, tell me hyung, tell me!” Sehun whined, “please?”

Luhan sighed,” Well…the person I like…likes someone else already. But…” his voice faltered, feeling a lump forming in his throat.

“You love that person don’t you?” Sehun said softly, eyeing Luhan. Luhan just nodded and swallowed. He lowered his head and finished his drink silently.

Sehun felt so awkward.

“Hyung…?”

Luhan sniffed a little and swiped at his eyes,” Y-yes?”  

Sehun shifted uneasily,”Hyung…are you alright?” Luhan nodded silently again, too pained to speak. Moving quietly, the taller boy sat beside his hyung, gently putting an arm around him.

“There’s still a chance hyung, don’t give up yet…” Sehun murmured, his back. Luhan let out a dry laugh.

“Maybe.”

The older Bambi pulled away from Sehun and smiled tentatively,” so how are you and Hyeri? Are you two going okay?”

Sehun beamed and smiled eagerly,” Yeah, hyung. But I really need your help this time. Can you talk to her and ask her what she thinks of me? I’m pretty insecure right now….” Luhan stared at Sehun, no words escaping his mouth.

He didn’t know how to reject that offer and …even if he did, he’ll feel so bad. He knew we wouldn’t be able to live with himself if he said no to Sehun, even if it hurt him so bad, he wanted to help the younger boy. After all, they were best friends.  Finally, with the words struggling to escape his mouth, Luhan nodded.

“Of course I’ll help you, Sehun ah.”

“Thanks hyung! I knew I could count on you!” Sehun exclaimed in relief. Luhan could only smile weakly at the beaming boy, feeling his heart throbbing painfully inside him.

Why did he have to fall for Sehun? He thought bitterly, did his life had to get even more stressful that it already was? 

 

Sorry guys! It's another horrible chapter OTL