Chapter 3

Waiting For Him

 

Luhan woke up in the middle of the night, shivering and coughing.

He rubbed him eyes and started for the door before stopping abruptly. He always went over to stay with Sehun when he felt sick. But under these new circumstances…can he still?

Biting his lip, he crawled back to his bed, wrapping himself in his covers, feeling miserable.

Brrrnng Brrrnng~!

Luhan tossed around in his bed, fumbling to turn off the alarm. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, tugging himself to the bathroom.

After washing up, he started to go out of the house, foregoing breakfast once again.

“Hyung!” Luhan stiffened and turned around, seeing Sehun walking towards him.

“You’re late today.” Sehun frowned, looking at the boy. Luhan smiled weakly, “ I’m sorry. I think I overslept.”  Sehun looked at him uncertainly.

Luhan avoided the younger boy’s gaze and started walking to school, silently. Sehun caught up with him,” Hyung, is there something wrong?”

Luhan kept his gaze on the floor,” What? Nothing…I’m just not feeling so well now.” Sehun sighed,” you should be at home resting.” 

Luhan nodded absently, just walking silently on towards school, not caring that the younger boy was watching him with worry in his eyes.

***

“Hyeri, can I ask you something?” Luhan asked Hyemi during lunch, as the two were walking towards the cafeteria.

“Yeah, of course!”

“What does it feel like to love somebody?”

“well…you get this feeling in your chest whenever you see him, your heart will beat so fast like it’s running and you just want that person to be happy. That’s all you can hope for that the person to make him happy is you.”

 

Luhan thought about her words silently, reaching for a tray as he reached the cafeteria.

 

Happy? Does he want Sehun to be happy?

 

Yes.       

 

“Ah!” Luhan gave an involuntary gasp as he felt a tug on his tray and he looked up only to see Sehun. Sehun raised his brows and gave another tug, prying it away from Luhan and carrying it to a table. Luhan gave a tiny smile, following the younger boy.

“So, how were your classes?” Sehun asked Hyeri, gently placing the tray in front of Luhan. Mumbling his thanks, Luhan began to eat, keeping his gaze away from his two friends and instead, looked  over to the other students currently eating too.

His mind was wondering. Should he let Sehun go? Perhaps, this was the way to make him happy. Nodding inwardly to himself, the boy started to smile.

 

 

Yes, I’ll just let Sehun be happy.

***

“Hyuuung! I don’t know how to ask her out!” Sehun whined once they started to go home. Luhan chuckled, ignoring the throbbing pain in his heart.

“Why don’t you get to know her better first?”

“You’re right…” Sehun said, furrowing his brows, deep in thought. “But do you think she likes me?” He asked, looking up to meet Luhan’s gaze.

“Yes, I think she does.” He replied confidently, walking on. “Okay, that makes me feel better. Oh, want to get bubble tea?” Sehun asked, gesturing in the shop’s direction.

Nodding and smiling, Luhan followed the younger boy, his heart feeling lighter.

Sehun was happy.

“The usual!” Sehun chirped happily to the stall owner, not catching the flirtatious wink she sent him. Luhan scowled at her, thinking what a e she was doing things at her age.

“Here you go handsome~” She cooed, handing the two cups to Sehun and giggling to herself. Luhan sniffed in disdain and hastily stalked forward, taking the cups from Sehun.

“Where do you want to sit?” He asked loudly.

“Uh, there?” Sehun said with an amused voice. Breezing past the girl, Luhan went over to where Sehun was pointing, and sat down, starting to drink his bubble tea.

“So…what do you intend to do?” Luhan started, drinking his tea and eyeing the younger boy. Sehun pursed his lips and frowned,” Do you think I should start finding out more about her?”

“Yeah, that’s a good idea for a start!”

“You really think, hyung?” Sehun asked, looking at Luhan hopefully. Luhan swallowed nervously and nodded once.

“Yes…I do.” He answered, tearing his gaze away from the younger boy.

 

Making him happy was one thing but...

 

Loving him hurts.

***

“Bye Sehun!” Luhan smiled at the younger boy as he walked up the path to his house, turning only after the younger boy went in. Sighing a little to himself, he didn’t notice the figure darting around the second floor, peering anxiously at him.

Ruffling his own hair, Luhan pressed a hand to his heart, swallowing back the lump that had unknowingly formed. Sighing to himself, he started walking back into his house.

“Hyung…”Sehun mumbled to himself,

 

“what is actually bothering you…”