Chapter 8

Waiting For Him

 

Luhan had never felt so much pain before.

 

As he collapsed onto his bed in a pile of broken sobs, the image of Sehun and Hyeri walking together outside the bubbletea shop flashed vividly across his mind. He felt as if he couldn’t breathe, as if the air around him was deprived of oxygen, as if broken pieces of glass were stabbing at his heart.

 

He hadn’t been bothered that they were together. He was affected, affected so deeply by how they were looking at each other. Such love, such warmth, he had never seen that before in Sehun’s eyes. He had never seen Sehun look at anyone that way before. That hit him so hard, does it mean…did it really mean…

 

…Luhan felt like he was playing catch with Sehun’s heart, and this time, it finally escaped him, captured by an unknowing third player…

 

…did it mean he had finally lost Sehun, forever?

 

His broken sobs echoed through the entire room, his little frame of a man shaking and trembling, his heart, very much torn. He felt as if, he wasn’t given a chance to say goodbye to Sehun’s heart.

 

***

Sehun glanced worriedly out of his window, the one looking into Luhan’s room from the tiny house beside his. Was Luhan alright? He didn’t know. Luhan hadn’t been himself for the past few days and that worried him. Sighing to himself, Sehun threw himself across his bed, pushing thoughts of Luhan away as he recalled his day, a smile slowly creeping on his face.

 

She was beautiful…she was amazing. Sehun thought, unknowingly smiling to himself, “ I think I like her.” He murmured, sitting back up, “I know I like her.” He grinned foolishly, rolling across his bed.

 

Sehun was such a lovestruck fool that night, Luhan completely pushed out of his mind for the only thing that he could think of was Hyeri. He didn’t understand that he was the reason behind Luhan’s hurting, he never knew that Luhan loved him.

 

***

 

Luhan woke up feeling gross, tear tracks stained his pretty little face and he felt sore. Groaning softly, he pulled himself off the bed and to the washroom, splashing his face with cool water, trying to bring sleep off his face. The pain is his heart had become a constant throb, bringing him a constant sharp pain throughout his body.

 

Luhan felt sad, he was bitter. So much love in Sehun’s eyes, and none of it was for him? He sighed in defeat and pulled on fresh clothes, preparing for another boring day at school. Then he heard a knock on the door.

 

Fumbling with his clothes and hastily picking up his bag, Luhan opened the door, only to be engulfed into a familiar embrace. Luhan held his breath and released it slowly, wrapping his arms back around the taller boy, “ Good morning Sehun,” he mumbled softly, hearing the younger boy grunt in response.

 

“Are you alright hyung? What happened yesterday?” Sehun asked anxiously, brushing Luhan’s bangs aside. Luhan painted a tiny smile on his lips and nodded. “ I’m fine, shall we go to school now?”

 

Sehun sighed in relief and nodded, starting on the path to school, “…hyung! Do you want to hear about what happened yesterday?” Sehun said enthusiastically, a sparkle in his eye. Luhan felt his heart clench painfully but he nodded slowly, his smile fading as Sehun started on his story.

 

“…I took her out on a date, we went to the arcade and you know what! I managed to win her a doll! Oh I’m so proud of myself. And, I got her a bracelet too, you know , from the shop beside the bubbletea café we always go to…”

 

Now it all fell in place to Luhan. Now he knew why he saw the two of them outside the shop. He felt the weight of the sky crushing him again. The burn of tears in his eyes were threatening to let them pool over and Luhan didn’t want that. He couldn’t let Sehun know how he felt…or can he?

 

“Well…I’ll catch up with you later!” Sehun’s voice jerked him out of his thoughts and forcing a quick smile, he waved to the younger boy and made his way to class.

 

“Luhan! “ Hyeri smiled at him as he took his seat beside her. Luhan gave her a pressed smile too, sighing inwardly to himself. He took a glance at her, noting her features once again. Of course Sehun would like her..He thought miserably to himself, looking up as the teacher’s annoying voice entered the classroom.

 

***

 

The next few days passed the same and Luhan told himself he was getting stronger, he willed himself not to be affected by Sehun’s new infatuation with his classmate and continued to be the caring and kind hyung that stood by his side. Soon, the stabbing pain in his heart had subsided to a constant throb that Luhan was soon used to.

 

Every day, Luhan would go to work in the bubbletea café, every day, Sehun would be either planning a date with Hyeri or going on a date with her. Only occasional does he pop by the shop Luhan works at to talk to him and even walk him home at night. Those were the moments that Luhan cherished the most – those were the only moments that he had alone with Sehun, despite it being punctuated with Sehun’s bubbly chatter about his dates.

 

But however, it crossed the line.

 

***

 

It was one of the rare days that Sehun chose to spend his recess with Luhan. Although Luhan was grateful for it, he couldn’t help but feel a nagging suspicion in his mind. Did he want something from me? Luhan had asked himself. The previous time that Sehun had willingly hung out with Luhan , turned out to be asking him to help him ask Hyeri out on a date. Could it be Sehun had another request?

 

Luhan pushed those thoughts away as he admired the younger boy in front of him, now stuffing pieces of bulgogi into his mouth. He was so breathtaking, even then , to Luhan. He could feel his heartbeat quicken and he held his breath, letting his eyes slowly roam down the boy’s face, past his lips and down to his snug-fitting shirt.

 

And then those dreaded words came out his mouth.

 

“Say Luhan…do you mind helping me again?” The bright endearing smile on Luhan’s face immediately faltered, and he snapped out of his daydream, gulping,” of course…what is it Sehun?”

 

“…I think I really love her…I’m in love with her, hyung.” He heard Sehun say, and the younger boy locked his gaze with the older one. “ I want to ask her to officially be my girlfriend…would you help me?”

 

Luhan gaped at Sehun, no words escaping his mouth as the entire world seem to press it’s weight on him, suffocating him. “ I..” he stuttered, nervously clawing at his hands. “ I can’t …” he whispered dryly, lowering his gaze to the table in front of him.

 

“Why not, hyung? Please? I’ll owe you a lifetime!” he heard Sehun whine, jutting his lower lip out into a pout. Luhan’s heart clenched painfully and he stared at the younger boy, feeling pain jabbing all over his body once more.

 

“S-Sehun please…” he mumbled,  nervously his lips, “ I really can’t do it.” Luhan repeated, after a long time of Sehun’s whines. “But you promised to help me! You said you’ll always help me. “ Sehun said,  a change in the tone of his voice.  Luhan looked up, startled as he noticed the slow fume in Sehun’s eyes and he knew immediately that the younger boy was not pleased. But he couldn’t help him. He knew he couldn’t.

 

“I’m sorry..” Luhan managed to say in a soft voice, watching as Sehun stood up from his seat. “It’s alright hyung. “ Sehun emphasized,” I don’t need anyone who doesn’t keep their promises.” He uttered angrily before walking away from the table.

 

Luhan flinched slightly from Sehun’s words as tears slowly found their way back into his eyes, burning his vision. It was hard enough for him to have to put up with Sehun’s dates with Hyeri…and now he had to ask Hyeri to be his girlfriend?

 

Luhan felt as if he would break. 

 

After a gazillion years ... yes it's up. SORRY  but enjoy this boring chapter orz