Preview - Chapter 9

Waiting For Him

hey guys! sorry i haven't been updating in a long while :/ been busy with exams and such. And I still am not done with the next chapter sorry ; ; but since many of you have asked for an update. Here's a preview! Thanks for sticking with me , xoxo.



After sitting at the lunch table for almost an hour, tear tracks eminently                displayed on his face, Luhan took a shuddering breath and stood up. Did all that really just happen? Luhan gave his arm a hard pinch, wincing as the pain was registered.
 

“So it was real…” he mumbled miserably, deciding to go home instead of attending the last few lessons of the day. Why was he always so unlucky? Why was it that Sehun never noticed that he loved him so much?
 

Sehun on the other hand, was still seething, feeling extremely angry and annoyed that Luhan wasn’t cooperative. He didn’t understand why his hyung couldn’t help him when he promised.
 

“Ugh.” Sehun groaned in frustration, I’m never talking to Luhan hyung again. He thought.
 

***

 

Luhan paced back and forth in his room, biting his lip nervously as he stole occasional glances at the brightly lit room from the house across his. Was Sehun still mad at him? Will Sehun accept that he couldn’t help him, just this once? Luhan felt extremely sad, as if there was weights hung on his heart, dragging him down, making him feel useless and weak. He felt guilty but he couldn’t help it. He couldn’t bring himself to tell someone else that Sehun, his Sehun, was in love with her.

 

“I’ll talk to him tomorrow…tell him I’m sorry…” Luhan mumbled to himself, glancing at the room that had turned dim, a sign that Sehun had gone to bed.

 

“…And if he really wants me to, I guess I’ll help him…” he added softly, his shoulders slumping in defeat.

 

“As long as you’re happy, I’ll be happy right?”

 

***

He nervously walked up to Sehun’s door the next morning, waiting for the younger boy to emerge. Luhan spent his night thinking about what he should say to Sehun and he settled on apologizing first. He did, after all, made a promise.

 

Finally, after what seemed like an entire lifetime to Luhan, the door squeaked open, showing its handsome owner. Luhan stood there for a second, his mouth slightly opened as he gaped at Sehun, curling his fingers against his palm.

 

“What do you want?” Sehun asked uninterestedly, locking the front door. Luhan came back to his senses and his lips nervously.

 

“I-I came to apologise…” he stuttered, watching as Sehun walked off without even giving him a second glance. Luhan felt a huge stab of hurt, wincing a little as he caught up with the younger male.

 

“Sehun…wait!” He yelled helplessly, reaching out to grab the younger’s shoulder. Sehun shrugged him off and stared at him coldly for a moment.

 

“Don’t come near me hyung, I don’t like people who don’t keep their promises.”


***

Luhan stood in the middle of the road, frozen to his spot, feeling...nothing. He didn’t know what to do. Useless. Helpless. Hopeless. He felt so dumb, so stupid. Did he really lose Sehun to a broken promise?

 

Tears slowly found their way into his eyes again and Luhan cried, walking slowly to school. He wanted to disappear from the world, to hide in a little hole and feel sorry for himself. But then again, he thought, stupid people don’t deserve pity, not even from themselves.

 

Luhan wanted to try again, to try to apologise to Sehun. I’ll even help him this time. I’ll keep my promises. Give me a chance , Sehun…

 

… I don’t want to lose you.