Chapter 4

Waiting For Him

 

Luhan smiled when Sehun came out of his house.

“Hello!” Luhan waved cheerily, starting towards the boy.

“You’re just on time! I thought you were going to be late again.” He babbled, avoiding the taller boy’s gaze and giving him a gentle push.

“Let’s go.” He added, tugging Sehun’s arm.

He didn’t notice the look the younger boy gave him. Sehun sighed loudly and grabbed Luhan’s arm.

“Hyung, is something bothering you?” He asked, pulling the older boy to face him. Hastily looking away, Luhan gulped,” there’s nothing wrong…what can be wrong hehe…” he laughed weakly.

Sehun gave him a look.

Luhan sighed,” it’s just…I’m not feeling very well these days…that’s all.” Sehun frowned,”…you mean…you’re still sick?”

Luhan nodded.

“Yeah, that’s it. No need to worry about it.” Luhan added, and smiled for his benefit. Sehun scowled at his immature hyung.

“Take this…” he said, tossing a jacket in Luhan’s way,” wear it when you feel cold okay?” Luhan took it and stared at it for a second, feeling his heart clench painfully.

“Thanks, Hunnie…” he murmured, walking behind the younger boy.

 

 

He cares.

 

The two boys walked in silence, just enjoying the company of each other. Luhan looked around the place, inhaling deeply the cool scent of the morning. Sehun eyed his hyung warily, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

 

They seemed like a couple. People would think they are.

 

Luhan would want that.

 

But Sehun was in love with someone else.

***

 

It had been well over a week since Sehun told Luhan he like Hyeri and now, the entire school knew about it.

 

“…just get together already!”

 

“Omo, they’re so cute!”

 

“Sehun likes that unnie from Luhan’s class.”

 

“Sehun’s taken?!”

 

These statements made Sehun smile wider and happier each day, knowing that there were people out there supporting him. Sehun and Hyeri weren’t going out yet though.

“Sehun ah!” Luhan called out to the younger boy during lunch, waving and smiling to him. Nodding in his direction, the younger boy began to steer his way to his hyung, putting the tray beside him and smiling brightly at a waiting Hyeri.

“Hello Hyeri!” Sehun started shyly. Luhan swallowed and bent his head over his food, eating silently. No hello for me?

Luhan let out a sigh again as he heard his two best friends talking about each other’s day, leaving him out once again. Maybe he should just let them be alone…

“Hey hyung, we’ll go get bubble tea after school, wait for me!” Sehun said, just before the bell rang to signal lunch was over.

Waving to Sehun, Luhan and Hyeri walked to their next class, with Hyeri babbling non-stop.

“Luhan, I really think I’m in love with Sehun…he’s just…oh god! I can’t…” She talked endlessly, with Luhan plastering a tender smile on his face, glad and comforted that at least there was someone who could love Sehun properly.

“He’ll realize he loves you too.” Luhan said reassuringly, patting Hyeri’s back. “Don’t worry too much , okay?” Hyeri exhaled and nodded, “I know…thanks Lu!”

***

When lessons ended that day, Luhan waited for Sehun at the parking lot, anxiously looking at the time. Where was he? Luhan checked his watch.

It had been an hour.

Thoughts crossed his mind and he became worried. Did something happen to Sehun? Was he sick? Luhan stared blankly at the autumn leaves falling on the floor.

What happened to Sehun?

“I’ll just wait…” Luhan mumbled to himself, leaning gently against the wall.

 

-2 hours later-

 

Luhan stood up from his position and shifted uneasily. The gates were already closing…Sehun wasn’t in the school…where was he?

“He must’ve forgotten then…” Luhan mumbled, shivering slightly from the cold. Sighing, he stuffed his hands into his pocket and started to walk home, feeling lonelier than ever.

He kept his eyes on the ground, watching only the route in front of him, willing himself not to let tears escape from his eyes.

Maybe  he didn’t forget you…Maybe Sehun had an emergency…maybe he had to go somewhere…

Keeping that chant in his head, Luhan forged on ahead towards home.

“Hey mom…” he mumbled once more, closing the door behind him. “Honey, why are you so late today?” his mother asked, looking at him with concern.

“Nothing mom…something just got held up.” Luhan smiled assuringly, going up the stairs to his room. Placing his bag on the floor, he changed into his pyjamas and went to sleep, not bothering about anything else.

 

He couldn’t. 

 

---

Sorry for the ty chapter OAO i tried T^T