Chapter 1 UPDATED. READ PLEASE \O/

Waiting For Him

 

Luhan opened the door to Sehun’s room and smiled widely, “Sehun!” He beamed at the younger boy, the tiny smile tugging up into an affectionate one, being able to see his best friend. Luhan had always loved Sehun so much.

 

The younger boy looked up in relief but his face quickly turned into one of exasperation. “Not again Lu!” Luhan grinned at him sheepishly,” you know I can’t help it.” Sehun shook his head at the older boy.

 

“You must have caught a zillion colds this month.”

 

“Did not!”

 

“Oh sure.”

 

“Ow!” Sehun groaned as Luhan whacked his head. “What was that for?” Luhan scowled at him, “ don’t mock me for my sensitive nose!” Sehun glared at him. Sometimes, he felt as if he was older than Luhan. Luhan made him feel as if he were the older hyung, having to care and mind for him.

 

“Anyway, what did you want to tell me?” Luhan said, brushing aside the younger’s icy glare. Sehun shifted uneasily in his seat. How was he going to phrase it? Maybe Luhan would find what he say weird. But nonetheless, Sehun felt that he had to tell him. After all, he did call his hyung over didn’t he?

 

“Uh…can we go get bubble tea hyung? I’ll tell you there.” Sehun asked hastily, standing up abruptly from his bed. Interesting…Luhan looked at Sehun curiously, many thoughts running through his head. What was the thing he had to tell me in a bubble tea café?

 

Luhan shot the boy an amused look as he took a tissue from the box. “Okay, let’s go now then.” He chirped, making for the door. Luhan hummed softly, chuckling internally at the younger boy.

 

“Hold on, hyung.” Sehun said, throwing his jacket to him. He pulled his gaze away from Luhan. Sehun really cared for him although he seemed cold at times, but honestly, Sehun really loved his hyung as much as friendship could go.

 

“You’ll get even more sick.” He said nonchalantly, holding the door out for Luhan. Luhan grinned at him and walked out of the room, heading out of the house.  At least Sehun has a heart. Luhan thought, chuckling softly.

 

Sehun and Luhan were friends since they were young. Though Luhan was a few years older than him, Sehun still felt the need to be the one to look after him. It hadn’t been easy for Luhan to make friends with the ice prince either. Sehun had refused to speak to Luhan and spent most of his time staring glumly at Luhan.

 

In the past few years, Sehun and Luhan had went to the same schools and now, in their high school, they lived in an apartment block of mansionettes, each owning a little house.

 

“We’re here!” Luhan said happily, “ you go grab a seat, I’ll order the drinks!” With that, the older bambi bounced over to the counter and ordered two cups of chocolate bubble tea. After collecting their drinks with a delighted face, he went over and sat opposite Sehun.

 

“Here you go!” The older boy said, placing the cup of delicious bubble tea in front of him. Sehun absently took it, mumbling his thanks. The poor boy was clearly distracted by his train of thoughts. Luhan looked at him uncertainly, poking the straw into his own drink.

 

“Sehun ah?” he started hesitantly, his eyes hovering around Sehun, watching him carefully,” What did you want to tell me?” he asked, eyes twinkling when Sehun finally sighed, taking a deep breath before he started to say anything else.

 

“Hyung…I think I’m in love.”

***

Luhan waved to Sehun and forced a smile before running up to his own house, knowing very well the younger boy was still watching him from a distance. Forcefully, he pulled open the door and bolted inside.

 

Quickly pulling the door of his room open, Luhan slid onto his bed, feeling the familiar prickling of tears at the back of his eyes. He could feel the gnawing pain in his heart, feeling it slowly eat him up once more.

 

“Unhh….” Luhan tried to muffle his sobs into his pillow. Flashes of what happened earlier returned to him…

 

-Flashback-

 

“Hyung…I think I’m in love.” Sehun had said, a bright fire ignited in his eyes. Luhan had almost choked on his drink but he swallowed hard and looked at the younger boy. He blinked, putting his drink down,” Y-yeah? With who?” Luhan asked nervously, feeling his heartbeat increase rapidly.

 

Sehun gave a happy sigh, smiling at Luhan. That gave Luhan’s heart another big lurge as he swallowed hard, meeting Sehun’s happy gaze,” You know her hyung! It’s Hyeri…your friend.” Sehun blushed a little and bend his head, playing with his fingers.

 

Luhan felt something pierce through him, as if something within him had just broken apart, something he had held close to his heart for so long. For a second, he thought he was going to cry, his vision blurred as his brain desperately tried to process what he had just heard out of Sehun’s mouth.

 

 “Hyung?” Sehun asked nervously, peering anxiously at the blank look on Luhan’s face. Luhan blinked a few times and gave Sehun a weak smile. “That’s great Sehun! Finally you found someone to love…” he mumbled, bringing the straw to his lips and took another gulp of his drink.

 

“Well hyung…since you’re her friend…and you’re my best friend ever, do you think you can help me? Maybe talk to her or something?” Sehun asked Luhan, a hopeful look in his eyes that only shattered Luhan’s heart even more. Luhan felt his throat went dry.

 

He wanted to decline so badly, but the look in Sehun’s eyes made it impossible for him to do so. Forcing another smile, he started,” Of course I’ll help you, Sehun ah.” Sehun grinned widely, happiness clearly displayed on his face. Luhan couldn’t mask his look of sadness. But I don’t really want to…

 

Sehun smiled brightly,” Thanks hyung! You’re the best!” Luhan just smiled tightly at him,” That’s what best friends are for right.” He mumbled, shrugging a little.

 

Yeah, best friends aren’t supposed to fall for each other.

 

-Flashback ends-

 

Luhan never showed it. Never once did he tell Sehun how he felt for him. Luhan had always been in love with him, everything about the younger boy made him go crazy. Luhan was afraid that if he told Sehun how he felt about him, the younger boy would treat him differently. He didn’t want his feelings to interfere with the friendship they had now.

 

Sehun made Luhan smile, even his tiny actions made Luhan giggle and blush. Sometimes, he wondered how was it that Sehun never once noticed how he acted around him. Couldn’t he hear how fast his heart was beating?

But now, when Luhan had to help Sehun with his own love, it made him cry. It made him weep because he wished he was the one instead.