Chapter 48

World Spins Madly On

Jong Kook lay still on the bed wearing only his sweatshirt and boxer shorts. He was feeling out of place staying overnight at Ji Hyo’s parents’ house that he didn’t even get into the comforter even though the temperature in the room was rather chilly. He shifted to his side and crossed his arms in front of his chest to fight the cold, closing his eyes in the hope that he could fall asleep soon.

His phone vibrated before it happened. Jong Kook pried his eyes open and felt the bed behind him to grab his phone without turning around. There was a new message notification. It was from Ji Hyo. Frowning, Jong Kook swiped it open.

Are you asleep, Oppa?’

Not yet.’ Jong Kook sent the message. Then he added, ‘Why are you still awake? It’s late.’

Can’t sleep. You’re not sleeping, either.’

Same.’ There was no reply for a moment. Jong Kook waited and saw Ji Hyo typing for a long time, most probably kept deleting and retyping things. Then a message popped up.

Wanna meet?

Jong Kook raised his eyebrows, looking at the displayed time on his phone. It was almost three in the morning. ‘Your dad is going to kill me if he knows you come into my room.’

Who says I want to go to your room, Kim Jong Kook? Get your mind out of the gutter.’

Then how? I can’t go into your room, either.’ Grinning, Jong Kook sent a second message with a winking emoji at the end: ‘Or can I?’ He chuckled when Ji Hyo replied with a puking emoji.

I share a room with my sister, you ert. Come downstairs, Oppa. Let’s chat in the backyard.’

***

Ji Hyo was already waiting for him when Jong Kook came downstairs. She was standing against the wooden post, her back to Jong Kook as she gazed into the dark backyard. Jong Kook felt himself stir at the view—the woman was tantalizingly hot even in her pajamas and slightly mussed up hair.

He walked up to her without making any noise, thanks to his socks. Saying nothing, Jong Kook circled his arms around her waist and pulled, making her back flush against his front. He smiled when Ji Hyo didn’t flinch; instead, she sank into his embrace and sighed contentedly at being held from behind.

“You smell nice,” Jong Kook commented as he nuzzled his face against her neck; his grin widened when Ji Hyo tilted her head to give him access.

“You’re warm,” Ji Hyo said. “Like a furnace.” She glanced sideways to see Jong Kook. “I won’t need a blanket if we sleep together.”

The mention of sleeping together sent shiver down Jong Kook’s spine. He tightened his grip on Ji Hyo as he felt his blood starting to pump down south. He was sure Ji Hyo could feel it, too, as she began to squirm in his arms.

“Oppa…”

“Behave, Cheon Seong Im,” Jong Kook growled in her ears when he felt Ji Hyo’s hand reached behind and touched his thigh. “We’re at your parents’.”

Ji Hyo her lips, feeling a bulge pressing against her back. “You’re making it really difficult to behave.” Her voice was husky, thick with desire. It amazed her that she was being so brazen; this wasn’t like her at all. But Jong Kook had turned her world upside down in the best possible way—and Ji Hyo just couldn’t handle herself anymore. “I’m sorry that I’m being naughty, Oppa.”

Jong Kook groaned; her innuendos were too much for him to handle. “Keep saying things like that and I won’t be responsible for what’s going to happen,” he warned her. Jong Kook kissed her cheek. “You’re incorrigible.”

“Really? I thought you were going to say I was irresistible.”

He kissed her jaw, just underneath her earlobe. “Yeah, that, too.” He his pelvis forward, earning a surprised gasp from Ji Hyo, which added to his desire. “Very irresistible,” he whispered thickly.

Ji Hyo wiggled and tugged at Jong Kook’s arms to make them loose, then she turned around so that they were face to face. “Who’s not behaving right now, Jong Kook-ssi?” she asked with a smile.

“I’m dying to kiss you right now,” Jong Kook said out of the blue.

“I’m here.” It was an invitation.

“That’s not the only thing I want,” he admitted. “And I’m afraid if I start kissing you, I won’t be able to stop.”

Her pupils dilated at his words, taking in the implications which fueled her passion. “I thought you have excellent self-control,” she teased, running a finger down his front, smirking when Jong Kook shivered at the contact. “You’re Kim Jong Kook the Virtuous, the epitome of self-discipline.”

“Ji Hyo-yah…” His tone was pleading.

“Be careful, honey, my mom can wake up at any time.”

“Then maybe you’ll learn not to provoke a man in love, sweetie.” Jong Kook kissed her deeply, closing his eyes when Ji Hyo’s hand circled the back of his neck and pulled him even closer to her. He still had his hands fastened on Ji Hyo’s hips, but then he started to feel for the hem of Ji Hyo’s pajamas and inched his hands higher.

The first touch of his hands against Ji Hyo’s bare skin made him moan. She was so soft it felt like he was touching satin. Jong Kook felt himself getting bigger, his pressing against Ji Hyo’s thigh. He wrenched his lips from Ji Hyo’s and began to trail kisses down her neck, and biting when Ji Hyo mewled in ecstasy.

Subconsciously, Ji Hyo started to rub her thigh against Jong Kook’s clothed , feeling herself becoming slick between her thigh. “Oppa…” she whimpered when Jong Kook’s hand brushed against the side of her ; she wasn’t wearing a bra. Ji Hyo grabbed Jong Kook’s hair for purchase. “I need…”

Somewhere outside the house, they heard a burst of booming laughter. Jong Kook came into his senses and immediately retracted himself from Ji Hyo. His whole body screamed in protest at the sudden parting.

Ji Hyo looked at him with wide eyes, desire still evident in the dark orbs. She was breathing hard as they listened to the sound of some drunken neighbors laughing outside. Her skin was still tingling, begging her to step back into Jong Kook’s arms and continue what they were doing, telling her to seek pleasure from the muscular body before her. But then she remembered where she was—where they were—and she closed her eyes to calm the beating of her heart. She heard him move and thought that he was going to leave, but before she could open her eyes, a strong pair of arms engulfed her in a warm embrace. Ji Hyo circled his waist and pressed her cheek on his chest.

“I don’t know if those people have the worst or the best timing,” Jong Kook said as he finally managed to get his bearings. “Probably the best—I don’t want to imagine getting caught by your parents making out on their porch.”

“My dad saw us make out earlier,” Ji Hyo said.

“And your point being?” Jong Kook couldn’t believe how nonchalant she was being. “Trust me, Seong Im—this time it’s not going to only be making out.”

Ji Hyo smiled shyly against his chest.

“Maybe we should go back in and try to sleep,” Jong Kook suggested. He heard Ji Hyo mumbled her agreement. Neither moved. “It’s getting colder,” he said again. “And someone will wake up soon.”

Ji Hyo lifted her head. “Can we sit down for a minute?” she asked. “Hold me just one minute before we go inside?”

Who was Jong Kook to refuse? He took Ji Hyo’s hand and walked to the direction of the house. Then he sat down, leaning his back against the wall next to the sliding door. “C’mere,” he invited her, opening his arms wide. He adjusted his legs, spreading them in such a way to accommodate Ji Hyo’s smaller frame and ensure that she wouldn’t be sitting on the hard floor. He held Ji Hyo tightly as she rested her back fully against him. Jong Kook had never felt so peaceful.

“Our one minute is never really one minute,” Ji Hyo suddenly spoke after some time. She sounded sleepy. Jong Kook kissed the side of her head as a reply. Ji Hyo shifted a little, feeling relaxed in the warm cocoon of her lover. She closed her eyes, telling herself to get up in one minute. 

When Ji Hyo opened her eyes again, the first thing she saw was her mother looming over her, looking at her with raised eyebrows. Ji Hyo tried to move but found that she couldn't. She glanced down to see what prevented her from moving and saw a pair of tanned arms holding her securely. Her eyes widened as the memory from the night before returned to her. Her head whipped upwards again to look at her mother, who was shaking her head at her. She couldn't decide if she was amused or angry.

"Eomma, I'm..."

Gwi Ja cut her off, her tone and expression betrayed nothing. "Wake him up and go back to your rooms before you catch a cold, or worse: before your father catches you out here. Breakfast will be ready in an hour."

 


A/N: A short, meaningless filler chapter... Dunno when I can upload again because I'm going out of town tomorrow first thing in the morning. Have a good holiday for those lucky enough to get one. For those who don't *wink wink at zourmz*, I'll try and update something for you real soon.