Alone

School Trip

 

Namsoon has woken up from his sleep. He had had that dream again, a bad dream. The one that had been haunting him for as long as he can remember. The boy was already drenched in cold sweat and his throat was all parched up like he was dehydrated, making him feel thirsty as hell. But he knew that wasn't the case. Namsoon was drown by the feeling of being terrified. He sat up, gripping the cover of the bed tightly as if trying to hold his emotional state in check. His heart was beating erratically. He took a deep breath and exhales it slowly, it did a slight help to calm his nerves. 

He sighed. He may be called as 'Tsunami', the strongest fighter ever to exist among the district but he was also a human being. Everyone has fears, so does Namsoon. But handling his fears and carry this burden by himself were sometimes really too much for Namsoon alone. Alone.

'I wish I wasn't alone.'

 

Slowly Namsoon brought his hand up to palm his face, attempts to delete the last remnants of his nightmare. But that would be impossible for him to do. How could he ever do that? The dream he had... the one that he recognised it as a nightmare was no other than his past.

'I need someone to talk to.'

 

Looking to his left, Heungsoo seems to be sleeping. The thought of waking him up and confess came across his mind. Namsoon shrugged, his old-time friend would probably if he saw Namsoon in this pathetic state. But he was thankful for the unconscious boy for staying by his side, even if it wasn't really Heungsoo's real intention.

Namsoon stiffen as Heungsoo made a sudden movement, his hand was massaging his bad leg. His face showing signs of discomfort. Then, the hand had return to its original place and Heungsoo continues to sleep soundly.  Namsoon couldn't help but feels a pang of guilt inside him, he knew that the cold weather always made the taller boy's broken leg feels worse. 'He had it worse compared to me...' . Namsoon took his own cover and place it on top of Heungsoo's, it would make his friend warmer.

Feeling a tad bit of hunger since he didn't eat his dinner yesterday, Namsoon stands up and heads out to find some food in the kitchen... but first, a shower. He feels like .

------------------------------------------

 

After that much needed shower, refreshed surges to him. It's time to continue his quest on finding food! He searched the fridge and found a wrapped bowl labelled "For you, Saekki-ya". Namsoon flashes a small grin. The things that friend of his does to him, even the smallest things, managed to fill his heart with that simple feel of happiness.   

He took out the bowl and heats it up in a microwave. Now he only has to wait for it. Waiting was something that brought nothing good to him more than anything. That is because Namsoon would start to reminiscing about his horrible past, although he knew it better than anyone else that he shouldn't think too much about it. But it is not like he can erase it off from his mind everytime either. Especially when he has nothing to do but wait. That is why he didn't mind working on those delivery job, it kept his mind busy and tired to even think about anything. Nothing's going to work this time though as his insecurities had begun swallows him whole slowly like a poison.

He was still staring at the microwave even when it had rang a 'ding' tone signalling his ramen was ready to be eaten. Namsoon was lost in his thoughts. So lost, that he didn't hear the sound of someone entering the area.

"Your ramen isn't going to be serve by itself, saekki-ya"

The voice that came from behind him had shocked the crap out of him as he abruptly turns around, knocking his foot against the counter. Namsoon cursed loudly.

"Damn it Heungsoo, you bastard! What the hell are you sneaking around for?!" Namsoon whines in pain, crouching down while holding down his throbbing foot.

"I didn't. You're the one who was too dazed to notice I'm here," Heungsoo sneered at him as he sat on the floor, propping his chin in the palm of his right hand on the low dining-table.

Namsoon just let out a disgruntled sound showing his own way of retorting Heungsoo. He then proceeds to take out his late dinner... or early breakfast out of the microwave and sat down facing an amused Heungsoo across the table. He eats the ramen in the most savage way possible, ignoring the intense stare of the older boy at him.

"Just now, you had a nightmare right?"

Namsoon stops.

He stops and looks at Heungsoo. He didn't know how to respond as if he lost the ability to speak. How did he knew that?

I need someone to talk to.

 

"Are you okay?"  Namsoon couldn't stop looking at Heungsoo's unwavering gaze. He needs to think fast if he wants to keep everything together.

"Aigoo... Of course, I am. It's just a stupid dream," Namsoon said with a unsuccessful smile that had turned into a grimace.  

"A stupid dream, huh?" 

"Yeah"

Heungsoo slammed his fist down on the table, glaring at him with a hurt expression.

"Don't try to pull off those kind of lies with me, you think I didn't know anything about this after all these years?"  

"What do you-"

"During the times you slept at my house I noticed, you bastard. I knew it back then"

Namsoon was strucked speechless, he broke off the eye contact with Heungsoon. He looked down at his half-eaten ramen, uselessly avoiding the other boy's unrelenting stare.

"It was about my father-"

"I know." Heungsoo cuts off Namsoon, seeing the younger boy's confused expression displays at Heungsoo had him sighing.

"You talked in your sleep"

Namsoon's eyes were wide open, he flustered so much until his ears grew red as well. Again, his ramen was much more interesting to focus on, twirling his chopsticks around inside the bowl. Now he really didn't know how to react.

"Are you okay?"

Heungsoo had asked him in a tone that made him think it was of pure concern. For a second, Namsoon thought he was just hearing things. Curious, he looked at the older boy for something that would contradict his assumption. He didn't find anything.

I wish I wasn't alone.

"No, I'm not."

 

 

-----------------------------------------------
 
Okay people I didn't intend to end it this way lol, but I thought it sounded cool XD 
And to all of my fabulous subscribers, I LOVE YOU SO DAMN MUCH. *throws a waterfall of love* cheesy, yes I am.
Rest assure I won't abandon this story, I won't for like EVER. Hope you like fluff stuff bamff~