Handling Pain

School Trip
 

The sound of bell had rang signing the end of their lunch break.

Heungsoo stands up and walks his way towards the door of the roof. He looks back at Namsoon.

"Aren't you going to class?"

Namsoon finally snaps out from his daze. He rushed to stand up, but ended up slamming his back against the wall. The younger boy groans out in pain as he grip the back of his shoulder, trying to hold in the pain. Namsoon didn't think the books that had hit him earlier would be that bad. He realises Heungsoo is still here with him, Quickly, he says

"Aigoo, I think I carried too much stuff today" 

Namsoon gives out an awkward laugh, hoping the older boy would let it pass.

"Are you okay?" Heungsoo asks as he comes closer to Namsoon

"Yeah, I'm totally fine. Nothing to worry about. Come on, let's go to class!"  the boy pats Heungsoo gently on his arm and moves away to the door.

"I'm not worried, you dumb bastard" Heungsoo mumbles quietly as he follows Namsoon.

-----------------------------------------

 

"Heungsoo-ya, you're not going home?"

Namsoon asks Heungsoo as the older one is going the opposite way to his sister's house.

"No, it's too far. I'm staying at your place today"

Namsoon had a bizarre look on his face. He didn't expect Heungsoo wanted to stay over today. Usually Heungsoo comes only when his sister went overseas to work.  And Namsoon knew right now his sister is at home for the week. 'Damn, how am I suppose to treat these bruises with him around?' The younger boy didn't want Heungsoo to think he couldn't take care of himself properly. He is now in a mental war that only grows worse as he walks closer to his house, with Heungsoo following him.

He fumbles with the key to his apartment. Namsoon is ridiculously nervous tonight. He takes off his shoes and enters the living room, straight to his room. Heungsoo follows behind.

"I'll be taking a shower, can you cook our dinner for today?" Namsoon says without looking back at the older boy as he throws off his weightless backpack and takes off his outer school uniform.

Silence stretches.

He finally decides to look behind him, his eyes meets Heungsoo's sharp ones. The boy is leaning on to the door frame with arms crossed, Namsoon gives him a questioning look. Honestly, the boy's unrelenting stare had made him feel so vulnerable, like Heungsoo could see everything. Namsoon suppresses the urge to shiver under his gaze.

"W-what?" Namsoon stutters.

"Fine."

Heungsoo replies and leaves the room. Namsoon heaves out a sigh of relief, he didn't even notice he held in his breath. Only Park Heungsoo is able to  make him easily loses his composure with just a stare.

Namsoon proceeds to take the rest of his clothes, grabbing his towel and heads off to a cold shower. Yes, a cold shower is just what he needed to relieve his forming bruises... and his feverish look.

-----------------------------------

 

Feeling refreshed and a new change of clothes has made Namsoon all warmed up. And now he starts to feel sleepy and the sight of his comfortable bed has effectively made the boy making a bee-line towards it. Namsoon lands with his stomach facing the bed so his back wouldn't throb in pain. He had dozes off right away.

Until he hears someone entered his room, no other than Park Heungsoo, as he strides off to sit on the bed occupied by Namsoon.

"Take off your clothes"

Namsoon is startled by his words and shoots up from the bed in a flash, looks wide-eyed at Heungsoo. He grips tightly at his shirt, protecting them from being taken away.

"What?!"

"These. Take it off, so I can treat your bruises" Heungsoo tugged at the layers of shirts Namsoon is wearing because of the cold weather.

Oh. That was it? Crap, and I acted as if I'm a girl just now. Namsoon mentally smacks himself in the face.

"But I don't have bruises" 

He couldn't let Heungsoo know.

 

"I told you not to lie to me!"  the older boy fumes making Namsoon flinched and looks down. He heard Heungsoo sighes.

"Look, I saw what happened earlier at that meeting room. I know that you had wanted protected her from the books, but also got yourself injured in the process"

Heungsoo is holding an ice pack that he didn't noticed being there before.

"You made it seems like I was the one finding the trouble..."

"No, it's actually the other way around. Trouble just loves finding you"

Namsoon snickers.

"Now take off the damn clothes before I freeze your face off, you klutz"

The younger one finally oblige to his order and takes off the clothes covering his upper body. He turns around facing the wall, revealing his red, inflammed bruise to Heungsoo. 

He heard Heungsoo in his breath. It must've looked really bad. Namsoon didn't hear anything more after that as Heungsoo carry out his treatment silently. The older boy gives out a warning before gently applying the ice pack on the bruises. Namsoon hisses.

It goes on like that for about 15 minutes. As Heungsoo carefully presses on the bruises, Namsoon is a little worried that Heungsoo's hand has frozen off holding those ice pack for so long. 

"My back feels numb" Namsoon says, hoping Heungsoo would stop with that excuse.

"Alright then, anymore than this you'll get frostbite for no reason. Wear your clothes back and let's eat"

 

Namsoon wears his clothes on without wincing, he didn't feel anything really and for that he was grateful.

"Did you really make dinner for us?" He follows Heungsoo out to Namsoon's small dining room and sees their dinner for the night being laid out.

"Yaaah~ Our Heungsoon really made dinner!" 

Namsoon cooed Heungsoo as he preys around the low-table, he looks up to grin at Heungsoo.

"Oh, shut the hell up Saekki-ya" Heungsoo says but lets out a proud smirk anyway as he nudges the crown of Namsoon's head playfully with his knuckles.

Suddenly Namsoon had a flashback of their past, there were moments like this before back in those times. He had missed joking around with Heungsoo but with their messed up friendship, Namsoon didn't get to joke around like he used to as much now. The older boy rarely lets his guard down after what they've been through. 

The smirk on Heungsoo's face has lost his magic, maybe he too remembered of the past as he put on his usual stoic face as he sat down on the floor, muttering for the younger one to just eat the food... grumpily. Namsoon sighs. 

Dinner goes by quietly. For a while that is.

Before Namsoon decides to steal one of Heungsoo's small fried chicken. Heungsoo fights back by taking Namsoon's. Namsoon briefly picks up a mouthful of kimchi with his chopsticks, knowing how Heungsoo hates eating them, he slyly shoves them into Heungsoo's mouth. The older boy let out a muffled refusal, but it was already too late as he swallows it distastefully.

"You should eat these more, you know? They're good for you" Namsoon picks up some more kimchi, ready to shove it to the boy and Heungsoo just gives a threatening glare at him.

"Don't you dare, punk"

Namsoon smirks.

"I do, actually"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After filling their stomach full and tired from their unnecessary food fights, they are now lying down flat on the floor. But Namsoon couldn't really lie down properly like usual because of his still newly-formed bruise.

"You should sleep on your bed tonight"  Heungsoo says to Namsoon.

"I don't want to"

"Why?"

"It doesn't really hurt that much"

"Or you're just scared of sleeping alone"

"I'm not!"  Namsoon retaliates as he sits up. 

"Then why?"

"....Fine. I'll sleep on the bed!"

He storms off to the room he never used whenever Heungsoo stays over.

Heungsoo chuckles quietly.

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

It was already past midnight and Heungsoo is sleeping soundly on his doubled mattresses making it more comfortable than usual, thanks to Namsoon sleeping in his bed. He is tucked in by the warmth of the comforter.

But the sound of someone rustling and the light coming from the outside of the room wakes him up. He almost had a panic attack. Almost.

The door to the room he is in slides open and a familiar figure walks in quietly. 

It was Go Namsoon.

The boy had brought in a pillow with him but he stands there unmovingly. They stared into each other's eyes, unspoken words being delivered between them.

Heungsoo sighs quietly as he pull off his comforter aside, giving permission for Namsoon to lay down beside him. Namsoon still stand frozen but manages to gather up the courage to move towards the opened space and lays down. His back facing Heungsoo as the older boy covers them with the comforter. Heungsoo tucked in his left hand under his own head and put his other hand on his own hips, careful not to touch the younger boy.

"A nightmare?"  Heungsoo questions

Namsoon nods hesitantly.

The older boy gazes softly at the trembling boy, he took pity at the sight. Heungsoo moves his right hand from his hips and wrapped it around Namsoon's waist. The younger boy seemed startled by the gesture. Heungsoo tighten his embrace a little to assure that it was fine.

Namsoon turns around to face Heungsoo. The younger boy had winced at the movement but didn't care at that moment. As he hugs Heungsoo with his forehead resting on Heungsoo's chest. The older boy lets him.

Namsoon's hand tighten his grip on the back of Heungsoo's shirt, trying to stave off from the tears that threatens to fall. Heungsoo lets him.

Tears that failed to be held by Namsoon falls on Heungsoo shirt, forming a wet spot on his shirt.

And Heungsoo lets him.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

And once again I grant you FLUFF. And I give up on ever trying to lessen the mushy scenes because I'm that cheesy. yeah. Anyway next chapter is them (finally) going to the SCHOOL TRIP!!! Omg at last I can prove the title! XD 

AND to my awesome SUBSCRIBERS, THANK YOU SO MUCH. ;A; And those lovely comments? MAN I'M LIKE CRYING IN HAPPINESS. especially when you get my cheesy-lines . I LOVE YOU ALL..... /flails/

P.S : I may be updating a bit late, I have a thing going on this week... but I promise the next chapter will be AWESOME! :D Please comment if you have a certain fluff scenes req you want in the story. Before I boil my innocence dry lol.