A Game to Play

School Trip

 

It was a quite drive back home. Heungsoo sat in the front passenger seat with Yunho in the driver’s. He would frequently passed a few glances to the rear view mirror, wondering if the two injured boys will be alright… and if Namsoon was okay. Namsoon had crammed in the backseat with Jaejoong and the two blonde boys. Jaejoong examined the wounds inflicted on the boys while Namsoon helped him stop the bleeding using some clothes Jaejoong had found in Yunho’s car.

Yunho hadn’t said a word ever since he asked Heungsoo where they were staying. The atmosphere was tense, not the best situation to ask questions. Although it circled endlessly in his mind. ‘Who exactly was that silver-haired guy named Hyunseung?’, ‘How did Yunho knew him and what did he mean Gyeonggi-do was under his watch?’. More importantly, how the hell did that bastard knew of Namsoon’s and his past?

(Flashback)

“See you soon, dear Tsunami

Heungsoo did not like the sound of that, nor is he fond of the look this ‘Hyunseung’ had on Namsoon. It agitated him to no ends for some reason. He clutched his fist tight, finally tore his eyes off from the mirror to look outside through the window. He was feeling the burn in him again. And it wasn’t only his heart felt it, his injured leg was also killing him. Heungsoo bit it in as he watched the snow fell, an icily beautiful sight. Cold.

Yunho stopped right in front of the resort they were temporarily living, Jaejoong told Heungsoo to have a proper look at Namsoon’s cut. He didn’t want Namsoon’s ‘adorable’ face to scar to the point that if Heungsoo failed to do so, he’d suffer the consequences. Heungsoo rolled his eyes. Namsoon asked what they’re going to do with the blonde boys and Yunho replied they’ll be staying at Jaejoong’s place in the meantime. And that was that, they bid farewell.

They opened the door, the lights were out. The others probably had gone to sleep.

“I’m surprised the teachers didn’t search for us” Namsoon said.

“Those three probably told them, we had a photoshoot going on” Heungsoon added.

“Ah… Right” Namsoon nodded absentmindedly as he walked towards their room.

 

Namsoon took off his coat, throwing it on the couch. He landed heavily on the shared bed, what a stressful day. Or a ed-up one. He breathed in deep, his eyes fluttered shut.

“Oi, get up. I need to look at your cuts” Familiar voice interrupted the quiet air.

Namsoon opens an eye, “So you do care about me?”

“Shut up. The boss asked me to, remember?”

Namsoon only raised his eyebrow at that, but sat up anyway. Heungsoo sat next to him, opening the first-aid kit.

“How’d you manage to always end up like this?” Heungsoo said as he cleaned the cut on his face and neck expertly. The result from the years of practice treating Namsoon’s wound in his ‘Tsunami’ era.

Namsoon frowned, “I was protecting you, you know?”

“I don’t remember asking you to do it” He applied some antibiotic to the cuts.

The wound did sting but Namsoon refused to show the pain to the older boy, instead he threw back a question, “Then what about you?”

Heungsoo pretended not to hear, focused on covering the open wound on the other’s face with a plaster.

“You snapped when that guy started to get near me” Namsoon stated.

“Do you want that psychotic bastard touching you?” Heungsoo fired back.

“Well… no” Namsoon admitted.

Heungsoo shot a glare at him for a second, then moved to put a bandage on his neck.

“Thank you for protecting me”

Heungsoo stared, ears turned red. The younger boy had a stupid grin plastered to his pretty face. He wanted to strangle the boy badly, but he held in. ‘He’s injured, he’s injured’ Heungsoo reminded himself as he put everything in its place inside the first-aid kit.

“Shut up, Saekki-ya”

He stood abruptly, intending to walk out and put away the kit as excuse. But his bad leg suddenly pained him as if something sharp pierced through his knee. He stumbled.

Namsoon swiftly caught the older boy, holding him upright by the waist.

“…” Heungsoo gritted his teeth from the throbbing pain.

Namsoon carefully sat him back down. Worry was written all over his face.

“My meds… Inside my bag, front pocket” Heungsoo said.

The younger of the two hurriedly went to find his medicine and brought it to him along with a glass of water.

Heungsoo ate some of the painkiller pills, gulping down the water. Then proceed to lay down on the bed, Namsoon helped putting a pillow beneath his injured leg as a cushion. Heungsoo laid there for quite long, arm covering his face. Biting his lips to bare the stabbing sensation, praying the medicine would kick in sooner.

All that while, Namsoon didn’t utter a word. Instead he sat kneeling on the ground beside Heungsoo, waiting for a sign his long-time friend would be alright. He was scared for the pain he, himself didn’t know how much his friend was going through. He couldn’t put his thoughts at rest at the possibilities that crossed his mind. Wondering if this was what Heungsoo usually had to withstand. What could he do to make it better? He feared for the unknown. For the umpteenth time, he regretted for leaving the person he cared the most behind when he was in such pain.

Namsoon couldn’t even bare to see Heungsoo suffering like this. Looking downwards, his hands gripped tight on the bed sheet. He wanted to cry. 

 

Suddenly he felt a hand ruffling up his hair. Namsoon looked up.

“The medicine’s working, stop giving me those teary-puppy look” Heungsoo smiled. The older boy’s face was pale but the fact that he can now talk, relieved Namsoon to no end.

“Oh… That- Damn, you scared me less” Namsoon gave a half-hearted laugh, he leaned his head on the bed, hiding his face using his arms. He didn’t want the other to see him, actually crying.

“Crybaby” Of course, Heungsoo found it out anyway.

“Shut up” Namsoon sniffled.

And Heungsoo did, he continued to soothingly through Namsoon’s hair.

Namsoon cried to his sleep, as much as he hated to admit. Heungsoo managed to urge the boy to get up from the ground and sleeps beside him. Namsoon was in his groggy state, got up rubbed his puffy red eyes before obediently moved to the other side. Heungsoo pulled the duvet open for the boy. Namsoon obeyed Heungsoo’s invitation. Like a child, Namsoon seeks for warmth and unconsciously laid his head on top of Heungsoo’s chest and wrapped his own arm around Heungsoo’s waist. The older boy was caught off-guard, but he chuckled afterwards. Heungsoo covered them both securely and wrapped the arm beneath Namsoon around his shoulder.

His bad leg felt numb from the painkiller, he could finally relax himself. With a chaste kiss to the other’s head, he let himself being lulled to sleep by the sound of Namsoon’s even-breathing.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*CAMERA SHUTTER*

‘Oh my god, they’re so cute!’

‘Ssh, you’re gonna wake them…’

*CAMERA CLICKING*

‘Wow, they made up already?’

‘What? They were fighting?’

‘Claimed to be…’

 

So noisy. Namsoon snuggled more towards the warmth. He felt the warmth embraced him tighter. Squeals emitted around the room. Mildly annoyed when more flashes sounded, Namsoon dazedly opened his eyes, darting it towards the crowd of people in the room. He didn’t understand the situation at first, until his eyes dropped on his own arm around someone’s waist.  His gaze trailed upwards and saw Heungsoo’s face, only an inch apart from his. Namsoon in his breath. Holy .

Namsoon tried to untangle himself from the other male. But it was a futile attempt, as the still-asleep Heungsoo had no intention of letting the other escape and to make it clear, Namsoon was pulled in deeper to his embrace, now with both arms wrapped around him (seemed like his bad leg recovered overnight). Namsoon was flushed red, all he could feel was Heungsoo’s body heat and his scent was making him dizzy with desire. He saw their uninvited audience were grinning to their ears. Namsoon needed to stop this.

“Heungsoo-ya.. Heung-YAH! Wake up!” Namsoon hastily urged the sleeping male when he continued to make the embrace seemed more intimate than ever.

“Urgh… Shut up, let me sleep Saekki-ya” Heungsoo cracked an eye open to Namsoon’s panic ones.

“Let go, there are people in our room, sleepyhead” Namsoon finally managed to wriggle out.

“People?” Heungsoo looked, finally noticing the five people intruding their room.

Namsoon demanded why they were all inside the room, but only got to be teased in return. Heungsoo on the other hand, merely scanned away the intruders, Jungho, Yikyung, Jihoon, Hakyung… and Kangjoo. His eyes stopped at that girl. Namsoon was trying to stop the girl from taking photos of him. The sight of a flustered Namsoon arguing with the girl, that once again shorten her distance towards Namsoon as she teased back, made him really annoyed. It’s like the younger boy doesn’t want to be seen with him. Damn his illogical jealous mind.

Heungsoo leaned in to wrap his arm around Namsoon from behind, possessively.

Whispered to the other’s ear, “You’ll fall, idiot”

Namsoon then was aware that he was close to fall from the bed. But he was also very much aware of the warm breath against his ear, it had shut him up effectively. Then again, it wasn’t just him that was caught off-guard, the others inside the room was at a standstill.

“What do you need? Say it fast, ‘coz we want sleep… didn’t get enough lately” He nuzzled lazily towards Namsoon’s neck, both arms now wrapped around Namsoon’s waist, but his eyes still bored on the intruders. Heungsoo had no idea how he was able to keep a poker-face still, even though he risked being in such intimate position with the younger boy. Inside, he fought against his raw instinct to touch the other in no way innocent to their audiences’ eyes. He practically had the other in between his legs, hugging him from behind. Heungsoo felt the solid body against his own, his arms circled around the slim waist. They were so close, the older boy had to remind himself constantly not to get hard or else Namsoon would feel it right away. Truly it was a hard work when Namsoon’s scent had burned his senses to temptation. He felt his heart beats loudly, so loud he was afraid Namsoon would hear it. Or was it actually Namsoon’s?

“Shish, no need to get all touchy, the teachers wants us all to play some game” Kangjoo said, rolling her eyes at them.

“Game?” Heungsoo wondered.

“Yes, apparently Teacher Kang has watched too much Runningman” Hakyung sighed.

“Jaejoong-hyungnim said we can take the day off for today” Jihoon noted.

“So we’ll be playing a game of tag?” Namsoon voiced out.

“Yes, with a mix of hide-and-seek” Hakyung confirmed.

“We even get to have our own tag names!” Yikyung said almost too excitedly as he tackled Jihoon and imitated the ‘ripping-off nametag’ act.

“Okay, the game is going to start at 9 a.m., better wash up” The girls waved at them, before taking their leave. Of course, after Kangjoo snapped a photo of Heungsoo and Namsoon in their ‘intimate’ pose on the bed. The boys had given up on trying to get the photos back. What’s done is done.

Yikyung were off to teach Jihoon on the ‘technique of ripping out the nametags’ in which Jihoon had blatantly shuts his mind from hearing the other’s chattering. Jungho on the other hand, the last one to leave their room had looked at Namsoon,

“Yah Tsunami, save your nametag, I’ll be the one ripping it off”

Heungsoo felt Namsoon flinched at the nickname, yesterday’s event was still affecting him. The older boy opened his mouth to retort back for the younger, but Namsoon beat him to it.

“I’d like to see you try, Oh Jungho” Namsoon said unwaveringly, a smirk on his face indicates he accepts the challenge. The leader of the trio returned with one of his own as he left the room.

Silence crept in the room.

 

“You’re okay?” Heungsoo asked, still embracing the other as an act of comfort.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” Namsoon chuckled weakly and leaned against Heungsoo’s broad shoulder.

“Your leg, is it better now?” the younger boy asked softly.

“Yeah, the room’s pretty warm… besides I have you as my heater”

Namsoon straighten at that, glaring somewhat adorably, “Bastard, I’m not an object”

Heungsoo smirk, “Says the one who hugged me like a pillow”

“Oh, shut up, you ” Namsoon huffed and leaned back on him.

Heungsoo failed to restrain a laugh.

“It’s you, I’m worried about” the younger boy said, as he shut both his eyes.

“Why?”

“We’ll be playing that kind of game in the middle of winter”

Heungsoo better than anyone else, knew what Namsoon was implying on.

“I’ll just have to drag you with me”

“If I got chased by that Oh Jungho and lost you?”

“You’d chase me right back”

“Cocky bastard” He saw Namsoon couldn’t hold off a smile.

Heungsoo laughed, “Dare say that you won’t, Go Namsoon?”

It was a rhetorical question, really. Both already knew the answer even if it’s left unspoken. The moment Namsoon re-entered Heungsoo’s life, there will never be a way out again. Or perhaps there never was, the moment they met once again despite the circumstances. Both of them carry a scar from the past, that same scar constantly reminded them of what they’ve gone through so far. Even when they were apart in the past, the raw pain was felt by both. There was not a moment when they didn’t think of each other, no matter how busy they were or how many people they’ve met. Every single day, they would find themselves reminiscing what it was like when they were living in each other’s life.

 

“I won’t say that, you know?” Namsoon murmured.

Heungsoo glanced at Namsoon in wonder.

Namsoon peeked an eye open at Heungsoo, smiling.

Namsoon suddenly pushed Heungsoo backwards and both men fell on the bed. Heungsoo groaned, his head dizzy, surprised by the sudden impact. Namsoon turned, dumping himself fully on top of Heungsoo. His face was very much close to Heungsoo’s, the older one held in his breath. Heungsoo was losing his mind with all of Namsoon being pressed to his body. The younger boy did nothing but kept his gaze focused on him. Heungsoo’s mind was blaringly alarmed, struggling to keep his focus on Namsoon.

“I did say I couldn’t let you go” Namsoon simply said.

Heungsoo stared, feeling momentarily star-struck, before quickly muttered away,

“Great, now get off me”

Namsoon stayed perfectly still, tilting his head a little, “Why? I’ve just said I won’t let you go”

“Because, Go Namsoon, you’re damn heavy and we’ve got a game to go” Heungsoo squirmed.

“Ah, the game” Namsoon remembered.

Heungsoo suffered both mental and physical exhaustion interacting with this one boy alone.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hyung-nim~! President Go, aigoo we missed you!” Byun Kideok came in and wrapped his arms around the shoulder of the two boys. He dragged them to his circle of friends, where they got immediately involved in their endless chattering. The teachers finally appeared with papers in their hands and a box of varsity jackets with nametags, and the two couldn’t be thankful enough when most of them were already high on their tail in getting their provided varsity jackets.

As usual the two of them were the last ones to take it. Both took the jackets and wore it without much concern of the size. It looked pretty okay, anyway. A tap on Namsoon’s shoulder. The younger male turned, only to see Teacher Kang grinned mischievously at him. ‘What now?’

“Since our class only have 19 students, you two will be acting as one person” the male teacher said.

“What do you mean?” Namsoon feeling a tad bit confused.

“We want to make the total equal to 18, which is why you two will be a team” Teacher Jung appeared from beside them.

“Why us?” Heungsoo was suspicious.

“Save that for later” Teacher Kang smiled, and moved to the crowd of students.

The game was of course, a game of tag, where everyone may act as the attacker and eliminate others. But to be the one winner, they’re required to search for the ‘treasure’ hidden somewhere in the resort’s vast garden. Clues will be given in selected boxes scattered all over the place.

Then the teacher explained of the situation regarding Namsoon and Heungsoo to the students. Many shouted in protests.

“Teacher that’s not fair!” “Yeah, those two can take on four of us, and still win” “We’ll never stand a chance to win…”

“Calm down, there’s a catch for this two” Teacher Jung hurriedly explained.

Namsoon and Heungsoo piqued their interest to this one. Teacher Kang walked towards them, raising one of their hands. “They will be bounded,”

The ever so cunning Kang Se Chan took out some paper-based handcuffs and slipped the ends to both of the boys’ wrist “…by these”

The boys were baffled. “They can be eliminated not only by the nametags being ripped off, but also if the bond here is broken” Teacher Kang smirked evilly at the two.

The students barked in laughter.

“Ha-ha, the chain is so short! They’d be sure to lose that way” Yi Kyung laughed out loud.

“They can hardly stand each other without biting the other’s head off, at least for our Hyung-nim, that is” Kim Dongseok uttered to Byun Kideok, who eagerly agreed while laughing himself.

“Poor Namsoon-ie~” One of the girls cooed.

Heungsoo saw Namsoon drooped his head, looking somewhat disappointed.

Annoyed, Heungsoo used his already ‘bonded’ hand to grab Namsoon’s hand, he slipped his fingers to the others slim ones, and gripped it firmly. They held hand in a way that it can be glanced off as intimate gesture. But that definitely shut the others up, exactly what he wanted.

 

“Holysh- am I seeing this? Are you seeing that?” The girls immediately squealing amongst themselves. “Hmph.” He heard Jungho disapproved noise. The boys were already back to convincing themselves if there was still a chance to win.

Heungsoo was feeling rather pleased when all of them had stopped looking down on them. Then Heungsoo realized the other’s hand was clammy. He looked at the younger boy. Namsoon was staring at the linked hand, all fidgety and blushing. Adorable.

Wait, what? Adorable?

Heungsoo instantly looked away, hiding his own shades of red.

“My, my, you two have already made up?” Someone slung an arm around the two boys’ shoulder.

Surprised, both of them almost jumped away if not for their hands held together.

“Jaejoong hyung?!”

“Hi!” the said man greeted simply.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kim Jaejoong’s arrival never goes unnoticed. Ever.

Especially when he brought along two people that looked like they’re out for blood.

Nonetheless, the girls were swooned by his beauty, boys were of no exception either. Like a moth going into fire, they surrounded Jaejoong. Of course, they’re the moth. And so, the beautiful male as usual, treated everyone kindly, making them accepting him sooner than it should normally have. Even the teachers had quite some trouble getting the class together. Perhaps that man is not from this planet, after all.

“So, Jaejoong-sshi will join us in today’s game-”

“Teacher! Is he going to catch us as well?” “I wouldn’t mind losing to him~” “Or maybe we can catch him instead?” “Kyaaaa!”

It went under no control at all, for quite some time.

“LISTEN UP. He is NOT PLAYING THE GAME.” Teacher Kang shouted out. Moment of silence passed by, and the students spilled with complaints. The male teacher sighed heavily, feeling a headache coming. Jaejoong went to give him a pat at the back. “I’ll not be playing, I’ll only keep a watch on you”

Some were happy enough he was staying, some still in protest.

“You should listen to your teachers well, else I won’t be staying”

Jaejoong warned like with sweetness in words but poison to mind. Immediately, the 19 crowd of people kept their trap shut. Not one more complaint was heard after that.

“Good” he smiled at them, as if he’d managed to put them under his spell.

‘As expected from a Kim Jaejoong’ the same thought appeared on the people who knew him earlier.

Teacher Kang muttered a quiet ‘thanks’ to the beautiful male. Jaejoong flashed a perfect smile at him. He turned and palmed blinded eyes. ‘Bright creature’. He’d never get used to this.

“On the other hand, the one who would chase you guys are these two lovely friends of mine” Jaejoong presented the two people behind him all these while. A woman and a man dressed in all black.

 

“Hello boys and girls, CL here” The pretty woman waved happily, the man beside her kept quiet, his face emotionless.

That didn’t stop from making the boys feeling way too happy. Asking away all kinds of question, “Do you have a boyfriend?” “Can I have your number?” “Are you a model?”. The woman responded to them a lot nicer than Heungsoo and Namsoon had expected. She was acting like any other normal woman, they cannot believe their eyes. The girls seemed to admire her too, telling her that they like her fashion sense. It was so bizarre seeing her smiling nicely.

That was until the inevitable question was thrown to her,

“How old are you?”

It was like the ‘ON’ switch to showing her true colors.

“Now, now, all of you. We have a game to play. A very exciting game. The best you ever had in this cold winter as we chase you to your death” CL purred sweetly.

Now that was the CL they knew.

“Won’t we, Soohyuk-ah?” CL still had eyes focused on the students, targeting them like preys.

The tall handsome man, smiled crookedly.

“Absolutely.”

 

=============================================================================

I think this is quite a short update? I feel guilty if I let you wait any longer than this, so I post it. Thank you for omg 20 votes?! and whoa. 300+ subs! and the comments ;w; really, thank you guys/girls... *creys*

I love you all.

P/S: yes, lee soohyuk, that tall model friend of Woobin, CL, GD. I think I added too much characters, don't you?

Next on ST, HeungSoon are missing!