The Butler Café

School Trip

 

“You got us to work at a freaking butler café?!” Yi Kyung yelled at Namsoon and Heungsoo the first moment they entered the entrance door.

“It’s a coffee shop” Namsoon corrected.

“And it wasn’t me punk, he chose the card” Heungsoo blatantly points at Namsoon.

The President threw a bewildered look at the older boy.

“You mean the kind of café where we have to talk and treat girls like royalties?” Jihoon said in horror.

“Give me the damn card” Jungho growled in disbelief.

Namsoon gave him the red coloured card, not really feeling dread by the mission anymore. The only thing he had in mind was just to find some sleep, so he made his way towards his room. Namsoon doesn’t really care about the upcoming complaints the three boys about to make.

Suddenly, a hand reached out gripping a fistful of Namsoon’s black jacket and slammed him to the nearest wall.

“So you got us into this stupid mission?” Jungho angrily spat out.

“Look, what’s done is done. Just get over it and sleep” Namsoon said wearily.

“You bastard…!”

Someone’s hand gripped on Jungho’s wrist, roughly pulled the hand away from Namsoon’s jacket.

It was Heungsoo.

“Need I remind you, that you guys were the one who shoved this on us?” the older boy noted, staring sharply at Jungho. His grip on Jungho tightens more every passing moment.

 

“Y-Yah Jungho-ya, it’s not that bad. Maybe other tasks were worst… See? They even say ours is an easy mission!” Yi Kyung made to retreat Jungho away from Heungsoo, and showed the card.

“Yi Kyung’s right. Since we’re part-timers, they would probably just need someone to be a waiter or something…”

“Yeah! So come on, let’s just sleep okay? Tomorrow’s a work day!” Yi Kyung wrapped an arm around an irritated Jungho and dragged him to their room.

“Sorry about that… Good night, guys” Jihoon waved off coolly to them and walked to the room where his friends are in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Namsoon sighed. He tore himself off of the wall and walked inside his room. His limp body landed straight down the comfort of the bed and the fluffy pillows.

He heard the door swung opened again and shuts. That’s right it was his and Heungsoo’s room now.

“Crap, I forgot you sleep here too… sorry I’ll sleep on the couch”

“Yah-“ Heungsoo was cut off.

“Oh, need to take a shower first…” Namsoon murmured to himself, hazily grabbed his towel and was now inside the bathroom.

‘Huh? Did Heungsoo wanted to say something earlier?’

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Heungsoo woke up in the middle of the night. He was still lying down on the fairly wide bed all by himself; the shared duvet beside him remains untouched.

Sitting up, he searched for the familiar figure that was missing from his sight. And he spotted a bundled up form at the couch. The boy wasn’t even covered with a blanket, only a few extra pillows covered parts of his body. It would’ve been freezing cold by now

Heungsoo sighed and strides off towards the boy. Looking at the tired boy already depths below in his deep sleep.

He kneeled down, giving most of the pressure on his good leg. Heungsoo was in that position, just staring at the pale-like face for a good while. The boy was shivering, and moved a little in search for warmth. The movement had made Namsoon’s hair was covering one of his eyes.

“You could’ve just sleep beside me, the bed is for two people, idiot” Heungsoo silently whispered.

The older boy swiftly tucked the bothersome hair away. He wanted to see those long eyelashes clearly. Touching his cold face lightly, he had long wanted to see the boy in his most tranquil feature. Heungsoo always could before, since the boy often sleepover at his house so he would just stare at him during those nights, and Namsoon never did realized it. But those three forsaken years without the younger boy passed by, was suffocating him. It went on and on, going far more slowly than he could ever understand.

His left leg started to hurt a bit due to the cold floor. Wincing, he decided it’s time to return back to warmth.

Standing up, he bent down a little to slip his arms beneath Namsoon. One gripping around his shoulder, the other wrapped around his legs. He lifted up the weightless boy; completely taken aback by how light as a feather the boy was, despite being almost as tall as him. Worried sifts through his feelings.

He laid Namsoon down the bed he had occupied before as gentle as possible; not wanting to wake the boy up. He settles the boy down comfortably as he pulled the opened duvet to cover drained figure. He lightly Namsoon’s hair, and moved down to caress his face.

“Next time listen to people when they’re trying talk, you sleepyhead”

Heungsoo gazed upon the younger boy; felt as if he was being entranced by the view. Without him really realizing what he is doing, Heungsoo leaned down and lands a chaste kiss on top of the younger boy’s forehead. Slowly, he pulled back and stood up to walk towards the other side of the bed. Once again being inside the comfort of warmth, Heungsoo fell asleep but no longer by himself.

------------------------------------------------------------

 

“This should be the place” Teacher Kang said as he nodded to himself as some sort of confirmation.

The five boys stood there in front of the coffee shop named ‘The Butler Café’ they’re supposed to work in, it looked really homey at least.  It has a really nice smell of coffee mix with bread. But the café was supremely crowded. Most of them are girls. Jihoon started to pale, Yi Kyung gave him an encouraging pat.

“Follow me” Teacher Kang grinned.

They followed their teacher obediently without question for the first time. Avoiding any eye contacts with the customers, ignoring curious murmurs and some uncontrollable squeals immersed everywhere from the crowd. Heungsoo and Namsoon seemed to be doing a great job putting on a pokerface expression, the other three couldn’t stop fidgeting and Kang Se Chan… well he is very used to it.

They went towards the back room, their teacher spoke with some of the staff there. One of the staff led them to the kitchen where the owner of the shop is. It’s rather unusual for the boss to be working hard in his own shop.

“Boss! We got new part-timers here”

They saw a slender-looking person taking out a tray of freshly baked bread out of the oven. They could’ve sworn that person is a female. But they were so wrong about that.

“Ah, those high-school students?” A male voice emits from the beautiful-looking man.

“Uh, y-yes. I’m their homeroom teacher, Kang Se Chan. These five boys here are at your service” Teacher Kang stuttered a little, probably because he was surprised by the ethereal man before him.

“Omo, they’ll be a great help around here, thank you Teacher Kang” the owner smiled brightly, almost blinding everyone present.

“It’s f-fine… I hope they’ll learn a lot here, please take care of them”

“Not to worry, I’ll make sure they’re in good hands”

“Thank you… Um. Well then I shall be on my way now.”

“Oh wait a moment-” the owner took some of the freshly baked bread on the tray and wrapped it up in a flash.

“Here, please take this with you. Bread fresh from the oven are the best ones!”

The teacher was only able to give a thank-you nod and took the wrapped bread; briefly noted his students that a bus will pick them up at 10 p.m. And then he was gone from the room.

“Okay then, let’s introduce ourselves! My name is Kim Jaejoong, nice to meet all of you” he flashed a stunning grin. “Have you guys eaten breakfast yet?” the man lifts the tray of bread, inviting them to eat with him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“So you two are friends since elementary school? How cute!” Jaejoong exclaimed happily.

“Yeah! And these two are former gangster, Namsoon is the leader and Heungsoo is-” Yi Kyung was cut off.

“You talk too much don’t you think, Lee Yi Kyung?” Heungsoo scowled while shutting the other with his own hand.

A muffled ‘Sorry’ was heard from the boy. Yi Kyung had grown closer to the owner; everyone did actually, but he’s the only one who had shown it obviously. Jaejoong was just that kind of person you can’t help but like. He has a charming personality just like his appearance. A friendly, easy-going and considerate towards others type of guy. Indeed, a rare package for this one. Was it really for real?

Jaejoong chuckles, “Wow, I can’t believe this! You two really reminded me of my past”

“Your past?” Jihoon asked, curiously.

The owner grinned playfully and leaned in to whisper secretly to them, “I was once a gangster too, you know?”

The boys widen their eyes in disbelief, even the usual blank-looking Namsoon was caught by surprised.

“SERIOUSLY?!” Yi Kyung and Jihoon cried out.

“That’s a secret, don’t tell anyone okay?” Jaejoong winked.

“Is that really the truth?” Jungho snorted, the boy couldn’t help but provoke the man, it was just in his blood to challenge new threats.

“My, my, would you like to find out?” Jaejoong smirked dangerously.

The boys flinched, finally realizing the beautiful male’s true fatal colours. ‘Definitely a gangster’

“N-No…” Jungho managed to stammer out.

“Aww, don’t be scared. I was just playing around” the owner ruffles up Jungho’s hair briefly.

‘No, you weren’t’ the five boys thought silently.

“Now then let’s clean this up, and find some work for you boys” Jaejoong chirped.

The boys could only muster a nod in agreement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“All of you can take turns being the barista, for now… who wants to volunteer for the spot?

“Me!” Jihoon raised up his hand, seemingly desperate.

“Omo, what’s the rush Jihoon-ah?”

“He doesn’t want to face the girls out there” Yi Kyung teased, locking his arms around his friend’s neck.

Jihoon turned red and looked down to the floor.

“Is that so? Aigoo, why are all of you such adorable boys?” Jaejoong lightly pats Jihoon’s cheek.

“Okay, who else wants to be a barista?”

“I do… I have some experience on it” Jungho’s confession surprised everyone.

“You do? Wow, that’s great! You can give some tips to your friend later then”

Jungho merely nodded.

“Yi Kyung-ah, do you want to join them?”

“I was wondering if I could try learning how to bake instead… Can I?”

“Sure, you can. I have just the right person to teach you” Jaejoong cheered, and the boy sent a carefree smile towards the owner.

“And that leaves…”

 

Jaejoong faced Heungsoo and Namsoon, the man’s eyes were scanning them from head to toe. He steps forward and tilts Heungsoo face from side to side, as if making some kind of analyzing on his profile. He did the same to Namsoon.

Jaejoong gleefully smiled.

“You two are just what I’m looking for, I had my eyes on you from the start”

“Us?” Both of them questioned.

“Yes, come along now. I have just the right outfit for each of you” Jaejoong made his way to the door.

“Why do we need different outfits?” Namsoon asked.

Jaejoong turned around, and grinned.

“Because here, the waiters are known as butlers”

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

They were literally thrown into a cage of tigers…

 

*****************

-EARLIER-

“Girls, look what I got for you!” Jaejoong cooed.

They entered a spacious and expensive-looking room where four girls, sitting around doing different things. Each of them have seems to have their own taste in clothing, but the chosen unique styles suits them. They were different in their own way. The only thing they had in common was their gender… and their current focus. The girls’ eyes were gazing directly at Heungsoo and Namsoon, scanning them as if they are preys; thinking twistedly of how they should toy them around first before devouring.

The two of them have a sudden urge to retreat from the room as quickly as possible.

But they bumped into the owner who, earlier looked very friendly, had now turned into some feral animal, a beautiful one still but dangerous. Jaejoong locked the only entrance available, smiling sweetly at the two boys.

“You two are not going anywhere until we’re done with you” he simply stated a nicer version of ordering,

‘Run away and you’re dead meat’.

******************

 

“There’s no way in hell I’m wearing this!” Namsoon furiously said, while pointed the black cloth accessory tied on top of his head, making it looked like a rabbit’s ears.

“Aww, why? You look so cute with it!” One of the girls said while patting his head.

He heard a chuckle coming from the older boy beside him, Namsoon turned to tell him to shut it up. But he couldn’t.

Heungsoo was wearing a simple with suit with a crimson red collared shirt inside and a stylish brooch decorated fittingly on his left side. He gave out an appealing aura, not a pinch of a high school student could be found, the older boy he had once known as a student had been fully turned into an attractive young man. Namsoon was stunned, as the other formed a charming smirk.

“They do look good on you, Saekki-ya”

Namsoon blushed. He knew he shouldn’t but he did anyway. Half his mind doesn’t really care anymore as he gave an unconvincing ‘Shut up, you bastard’

 

“Oh my god, girls! Once again you never failed to impress me” Jaejoong was admiring the girls’ final touch on them.

“It’s not all on us, Jaejoong-ah. You’ve always bring us the best feast~”

‘So we were indeed their game…’ The two of them shivered.

“Oh, that reminds me… I didn’t introduce you to each other yet. These two boys are high school students, Park Heungsoo and Go Namsoon” the kind-looking owner was back in business as he happily showed them respectively to the girls.

“You made us scared high school students? Jaejoong-ah, you made us looked like scary noonas!” the girl with her hair tied up ridiculously high said.

“Oops? Sorry girls, I forgot to tell you earlier” Jaejoong gives a small laugh.

“Oh well… My name’s Sandara Park. Call me, Dara” She grinned.

“I’m Lee Chaerin, CL for short” the girl who had her hair tied up in a messy bun gave them a salute coolly.

“And I’m Park Bom, nice to meet you cuties” this one had a long hair with wavy curls, she smiles prettily at them. Far different than when they met her earlier.

“I’m the youngest, the name’s Minzy~ you guys are super gorgeous by the way” the girl with short blue hair complimented. She was wearing a boyish clothes and looked sort of… handsome in a way.

“Exactly! Your lean body comes with those long legs. Also those distinctive good looking faces you got there. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G I tell you!” Dara literally spazzed with Minzy, doing dramatic poses.

“I wonder why no one during my school eras, looked like you two. It’s seriously unfair, kids these days!” Park Bom joined the previous two girls fan-girling the two of them, not really caring they were still standing there, listening.

“Um… Thanks, I guess?” Namsoon said unsurely. Heungsoo stayed speechless; thinking it’s safer that way.

“Sorry about the girls, they’re always like this” CL said casually.

“Oh, it’s fine…” Namsoon replied, thought that this one is normal at least.

“But, it would be nice to have pretty things like you around for us to doll you up” She leaned close to them, grinning almost in a not-sane way possible.

‘I was deceived’ Namsoon thought.

“Chaerin-ah, you’re scaring them…” Jaejoong steps in.

“Omo! Sorry I didn’t realize what I was doing” She laughed it off nonchalantly.

They really want to stay far away from this room.

“Okay then, let’s start working boys! I’ll introduce you to our head butler, follow me please”

They couldn’t ask for more. They bid farewell to the girls, who are smiling ever so prettily at them, inviting them to come again soon.

‘Not in a lifetime’

-----------------------------------------------------

 

They entered a rather smaller room this time. But it was probably because it was filled with bear-bricks and other action figures. It was definitely a bizarre yet impressive sight.

They spotted a tall man standing by the window, a coffee at hand; he was fixated on something outside the window.

“Yo, T.O.P! We have new butlers here, I’d like you to handle them for me”

He sighed and turned around reluctantly. The man has a very sharp looking face, similar to Heungsoo’s, but much more commanding. He looked like someone who could control a mafia group. He is dressed in a finely tailored black suit, a coat draped over his wide shoulder. A beautifully carved brooch marking the logo of the coffee shop is pinned to his suit, probably only for the head butler to wear.

 “You bring me more work, Jaejoong-sshi?”

“Aw come on~ I’ll buy that upcoming new edition of bear-bricks for you!”

The formidable-looking head butler, was actually pausing. He seemed to be giving a serious thought about the deal.

“…Fine, but you’ll also buy me that new flavoured chocolate-caramel ice-cream there across the street”

‘THAT was what he was so absorbed into earlier?!’

“Aish, fine… You’ve always been that much of an insatiable guy” Jaejoong mumbled.

The butler grinned happily like a kid for a second before he returned to being stoic as he faced the two of them.

 

“Your name, say it” the man ordered

“I’m Go Namsoon…”

“Park Heungsoo”

“I’m Choi Seunghyun, they call me T.O.P here”

The man proceeded to give each of them a firm handshake.

“Do you need a stage name?” T.O.P asked.

“We’re only here for a week, so I don’t think we need one” Namsoon explained and Heungsoo nodded in agreement.

“Alright then, let me show you around then… Jaejoong, remember what we promised”

“Yeah yeah, take care boys! I’ll be around if you need me” Jaejoong said smiling as he waved them off and the two of them bowed to the owner and left to follow the head butler.

“By the way, Namsoon… is it?”

“Yeah”

“Cute hair-band you’re wearing”

Namsoon palmed his face as Heungsoo laughed uncontrollably beside him.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good day(or night?) lovelies~ thank you for staying with this slow-paced fanfic. This chapter contains whatever character that came in mind… unplanned characters popping out of nowhere lol.

I had fun writing this one, I hope you do too :D Stay happy my dear readers~! Until the next chappie… *ninja-poof*