Of Plans and Ramen

School Trip

 

"Class 2-2, I have an announcement for you so listen up!" shouted Teacher Jung while slamming her hand onto the table a few times in an attempt to get the students' attention. Teacher Kang who was standing at the very back of the classroom had to smack some of the boys on their shoulders to wake them up from their endless slumber. Why do they even sleep so much anyway?

"Okay, the Principal had requested for our class to do a school trip in the next two weeks and no students are allowed to exempt from this trip."

The students cheered, thinking that this would cut off some of their study lessons that had been too much of a burden to take. "Noted that this trip will be an educational one which focuses on Korean Languages, so don't think that you won't be having any classes later," stated Teacher Kang.

The cheery atmosphere turns sour as soon as he said those words. The sound of groans and neverending complaints swarmed the two homeroom teachers along with a river of nonsensical excuses that they cannot go on that trip.

"As I said before, the Principal has made it clear that no exceptions will be made for anyone, so bare with it all right?" said Teacher Jung. The students gave out defeated sighs and slumped over their desks.

"Don't feel so bad, at least you'll get points on your curriculum records," Teacher Kang grinned.

With that being said, the students are officially given up on bringing in excuses especially after they know it was a direct order from the Principal. And the day after the next went on like any other day for Class 2-2.

But that does not seemed to apply on Go Namsoon. After that day, everyday is tiring for Namsoon lately. He already had it rough with his part-time delivery job until late night, and with the school trip planning getting on... let's just say he does not get a good night sleep for awhile now. Namsoon, being the President had to handle most of the plans, even though there's Teacher Jung had been helping him too. Dealing with the kids that rarely gives out any cooperations and only excuses was indeed a pain in the neck. He was so busy lately, he didn't take his meals properly and went straight home after he finished with work to knock himself out of tiredness.

 

This time Heungsoo was going to witness those exact same scene. Namsoon entered the room and didn't even care to change his working clothes, went lying down on the flat floor as if it was the most comfortable surface he had ever laid on to. Namsoon stretch a bit, cracking his backbones and let out a groan.

"Aigoo, My back..."

Heungsoo who was leaning his back against a cupboard, looked at his once-again friend. He pitied the boy, just a little, anymore would make him admit he has a soft spot for this Saekki. No, not yet at least. 

Heungsoo dropped the manga he was reading out of Namsoon's bookshelf, went to grab a pillow and mat to prepare the bed for the bastard. "Yah Saekki-ya, you're going to catch a cold like that, lie down here,"

Namsoon faced his head to the side, stared at Heungsoo with a mixed expression of  bewilderment and being grateful. But Namsoon didn't move, as if he was too shocked at the creature he is looking at.

"Aish come on, move already!" Frustrated by the unmoving Namsoon, Heungsoo dragged him to the bed.

"Have you eaten yet?" asked the impatient boy.

"No..."

"I'll go make us ramen," Heungsoo said briefly as he proceed to stand up and leave the room. But before he could, Namsoon caught his left hand. 

"You... Are you feeling okay?"

"What do you mean okay... you should ask that to yourself! You look like ,"

"Are you worried about me?"

"Shut up, you bastard! Go and die." He shook off Namsoon's hand and rushed out of the room, leaving Namsoon grinning idiotically to himself.

 

-----

Meanwhile, Heungsoo in the kitchen

 

'That idiot, Go Namsoon. To think that I was actually (a little) worried for a bastard like him!'  Heungsoo grumbled as he took out his anger on the guiltless ramen that is being forcefully stirred hard for no reason.

He snorts to himself, a few months ago he thought he would and could hate Go Namsoon for ruining his life, his future, his very own dream and despises Namsoon for leaving him alone during those hard times. Now, he even cooks for the tired idiot Saekki. Heungsoo couldn't say that he dislikes this situation though. Deep down he knew he couldn't bring himself to hate his former best friend for long. Namsoon after all had been Heungsoo's most important thing next to soccer. And now that he had lost soccer, Heungsoo has only Namsoon and he couldn't afford to lost him too. It seems that Namsoon is still his everything.

And it wasn't a one-sided thing too. Heungsoo also knew that he has always been Namsoo's everything. The both of them couldn't find anyone else who understood them. They couldn't find others who is capable of withstanding them. Their bonds were special from the very beginning, a bond too strong that no one could possibly break or do so much as to touch. It was still amazing how flawless their friendship was in the old days. Now that it had been shaken up a bit, their bond had grown in somewhat stronger than ever. Slowly, but surely.

Namsoon, really has not change much the last time Heungsoo had seen him. He was still minding his own business, but when the others he had took a liking is in danger, he would try to find a way to save them. Namsoon always ended up getting the troubles onto himself though. That is how he is. But somehow, despite all the troubles he went through, each time he helped those people, he had unintentionally gained their trusts. And with his carefree personality, he attracts people that eventually took a liking to him, yet Namsoon does not even realises it. Because that is just how he is.

Heungsoo knew Namsoon's personality like the back of his hand. Why? Because he has always been there for Namsoon. He is always watching over him, whenever Namsoon isn't looking around for signs of danger, Heungsoo did. He had grown used to take care of that bastard ever since he had made that promised with Namsoon. A promise that Heungsoo wouldn't let him do stupid things that he would regret. And that he would never let Namsoon do something rash that would lead to jail. Heungsoo had sworn to protect Namsoon from all of that, and that is the promise he will keep.

 

Heungsoo turned off the stove, seeing that the ramen is fully cooked. He put out two bowls and chopsticks for him and Namsoon. Half-heartedly, Heungsoo calls out Namsoon's name several times but to no avail. He sighs, mumbled out an "Idiot Go Namsoon" before grudgingly walks to the bedroom.

Sliding the door open, intending to kick the boy awake. Heungsoo stops on his trails. He saw Namsoon lying to his side sleeping like a dead log. The hot-tempered boy had changed his mind as he saw Namsoon's face clearly tired decorated with dark circles on his eyes. Again, he felt those symphathetic feelings inside him. Heungsoo kneels down beside Namsoon, pulling the cover onto Namsoon, careful not to wake him up.

Inevitably, Namsoon moved a bit. Heungsoo waited a moment as he watches Namsoon settles in for a more comfortable position under the warmth of the cover. The boy was not waking up, yet Heungsoo was still waiting, barely realising he was now just staring at Namsoon's peaceful sleeping face instead. 

Unconsciously, Heungsoo's left hand started to caress the side of Namsoo's face. Tracing from his cheekbones to his jawline, slowly leading towards the boy's lips. His hand stopped there, as his thumb swept across Namsoon's chapped lips. Heungsoo leans forward, moving closer to where his thumb is placed. 

Heungsoo froze. He had just realised what he was going to do. What he had wanted to do to Namsoon was... He retreated from his position hastily. Heungsoo needs to calm himself, and put things back in one piece before he loses it. He needs to get out of the room.

He shooked his head as if it would help clear his mind, Heungsoo heads out for the door. He switched off the lights, Heungsoo hold onto the sliding door before turning around to observe the sleeping figure. Quietly he whispered,

"Take care of yourself better, so I don't have to worry about you, Idiot."

Heungsoo slides the door close and went off to eat his ramen, but little did he know... the "Idiot" Go Namsoon has long awaken from his little nap.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------

This will be chaptered story I guess... orz I love them too much for it to end haha <3 How was it for you? Hope you like it :)

*Saekki - Bastard <---- I'll be using this word a lot instead of 'bastard' I think. I love the word in Korean more than in English don't know why, so bare with me heh.