7

Just When I Thought I Was Over You

 

VII

 

 

~*~

“Where are we going exactly?” asked Seyoon as Kai held her hands tightly pulling her to walk with him at 4 o’clock in the morning.  

“We’re almost there,” Kai said trying to catch his breath for they’ve already been walking for almost an hour. “There it is!”

“What’s that? A house?” asked the curious Seyoon.

“It’s not just an ordinary house. Let’s go inside while there are still no people.” Kai pushed the unlock gate of the house. It was a contemporary-style house. There are hardly any walls in the front as it was occupied by large glass windows. Everyone can see clearly the interior of the house without entering it.

“Isn’t this what they call trespassing?” asked Seyoon who was covered with trace of excitement rather than fear.

“I know but it is fun isn’t it?” said Kai.

The house was still empty, without furniture, except for the installed lights. Since it was still dawn, the sun was still not up. Kai opened the light inside the house. “Wow, you even know where the light switch was. You must have been here a couple of times.”

He nodded. He grabbed Seyoon’s hand again as he led her to the second floor of the house. He went to the room located at the eastern part of the hallway. The two opposite walls are all made up of glass windows while the other two are covered with large mirrors. On the floor was a stereo where the music player could be inserted.

“This looks like…”

“It’s a dance rehearsal room.”

“Wow!” The light from the rising sun slowly illuminates the whole room. Kai sat at the middle of the room and Seyoon joined him. They both lay on the floor as the sunlight entered the windows. “This is great, a house with a rehearsal room. It’s just what…”

“…I like. It is perfect isn’t it? This place would be perfect for me. I could dance here anytime if I want to.”

“But whose house is this anyway?” asked Seyoon as she sat up blocking the light to hit Kai.

“It’s mine, for my future self…and for you, my future wife.” he looked up at her and smiled.

“Huh?”

“HAHA! Kidding! Got ya!” He sat up as he patted Seyoon’s head. “Let’s go before the real owner comes.”

~*~