36

Just When I Thought I Was Over You
 

XXXVI

 

 

“Seyoon, do you want ddeokbokki? I’ll treat you,” said Luhan. Seyoon didn’t know but the more Luhan clung to her like this, the more she felt the holes she created got deeper and deeper. And if she didn’t stop it, she knew that Luhan would have a long long way to fall and that would hurt him even more.

“Luhan, I–“ Seyoon was cut off by a familiar voice calling her name.

“There you are. I’ve been waiting for you. Come on, get in the car. My brother has a lot of things to show you,” said Jongdae, who was waiting at the entrance of the school.

“I’ll talk to you tomorrow,” Seyoon said to Luhan before riding the car.

‘She’ll talk to me? About what?’ Luhan thought. “Alright! See you tomorrow Seyoon-ah~!” Luhan exclaimed. Even though he didn’t know what it was all about, he was excited especially when it was Seyoon who first asked him to talk to her.

‘But who is that guy? And what does his brother want to show Seyoon?’ he asked himself.

“Hey kid?” someone called Luhan.

“Huh?

“Do you have time? Can I talk to you for a minute?” the stranger asked him.

---

“Who’s that boy?” Jongdae asked Seyoon.

“Oh, a friend,” she replied as her eyes were fixed on the window.

“A friend huh? Does he know?” Jongdae continued.

“Know about what?” Seyoon looked at him.

“You know, about the arrange marriage.”

“No,” she answered. “I haven’t told him…yet,” she mumbled that only she could hear. But she should tell him as soon as possible, she thought.

‘Maybe tomorrow I should.’

---

“How about this, my dear?” Heechul asked Seyoon. As expected, the designer had drawn over ten different designs that caused Seyoon’s head to ache.

“Ah…,” she stared on the design. Well, it was not that they were not beautiful or what but choosing gowns didn’t seem to motivate Seyoon. In fact, she find it pointless to choose a beautiful gown in the wedding because the wedding itself was pointless in the first place.

“Don’t you like it?” he asked again as Seyoon stared at Heechul’s wide enthusiastic eyes.

“Does it really matter?” she asked.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean the wedding gown. Does the design really matter? I’ll just use it once anyway. Besides…”

“Of course it is my dear! Oh my, this child!” Heechul sat beside Seyoon and placed his arm on her shoulder. Seyoon moved a bit but his grip was too tight. “Like what you’ve said, it’s a once in a lifetime occasion so you have to make sure that you’ll look beautiful on that day, not only for your groom or for the guests. It’s for your future self as well.”

“Huh?” Seyoon looked at him although she tried to move her head a bit because the designer’s face was merely a few inches closer to her.

“Don’t you want it? When you’re already old then you look back on the pictures of your wedding day together with your husband and reminisce –”

“But…” Seyoon cut. Heechul stared at her. “It’s…it’s an arrange marriage. Nothing more involved than a contract, a piece of paper, that’s all.”

Heechul could see the sadness and worries in Seyoon’s face. He didn’t know if he would take a step further and ask her a personal question but his work wouldn’t progress if his client wouldn’t give him a feedback. He couldn’t just guess and rely on what he wanted.

“Hmm…why? Is love impossible to bloom in the future?” he finally asked.

Seyoon lifted her head and stared on the glass wall, just outside was Jongdae waiting for her, then she looked at Heechul. “Sorry. I don’t know the answer either,” Seyoon replied.

‘Is it? Is it possible? But Kai, he would never love…me,’ she thought.

Heechul sighed seeing Seyoon like this. “Alright! How about this? Since your body measurement doesn’t really look like it belongs to that of a nineteen year old or above woman…”

Seyoon glared at him upon hearing that. It was not her fault that she was not that tall or her body looked like it has stopped developing three years ago. No wonder why Kai liked Krystal. She and Krystal were totally the opposite, physically. Her short hair, average height, and a teenage body was nothing compared to Krytal’s long hair, tall height, and definitely y body. She knew she was incomparable.

“I’ll just give you the simplest yet the most beautiful one,” Heechul continued as he handed her the picture of his design.

“This…” she stared. Heechul nodded and smiled at her.

---

“How was it?” Kai asked Seyoon as the two started eating dinner.

“What?” Seyoon asked, not knowing what Kai was talking about.

“The wedding gown, do you already have a choice?” Kai asked her.

‘Even if I have a choice it wouldn’t matter to you anyway,’ Seyoon thought as she looked at Kai with a stern face.

“Hm? Why are you looking at me like that? Did I say something bad?”

“Ah, none. I already have a choice. It’s not hard to choose anyway. Jongdae-oppa’s brother is great designer,” she told her as she pushed the food on her plate.

“Oh…” Kai stared at her. ‘That was quick,’ he thought.

“Have you chosen yours?” Seyoon asked him.

“Ahh…yes,” he said with an unsure tone. The truth was he was still not able to make a choice. Well in fact, he didn’t know why he was thinking too much about the look of his suit and why he was putting too much effort on how he would look that day, maybe because he didn’t want to get an unwanted reaction from Seyoon and the guests or maybe because that day would be exceptional.

‘I guess he didn’t think too much about it,’ Seyoon thought.

---

This was the day, Seyoon thought. Today, she would tell Luhan about the marriage. As the days passed, she was feeling more guilty that Luhan knew nothing about it.

“Seyoon-ah!” she heard him called her name. Seyoon turned back and tried to greet him with a smile.

“Hello!” she said with a smile she hoped would turn naturally but she couldn’t look directly to him.

“What’s wrong?” Luhan asked her.

“Huh?”

“You just greeted me with a smile. That’s unusual. And another thing, you asked me to have a lunch with you here on the rooftop, that’s more unusual.”

“Ahhh…” Seyoon stood there, speechless.

“Seyoon are you, by any chance, already…in…LOVE WITH ME?!” Luhan asked her.

“What? No! Aish!” Seyoon went to the stairs, leaving Luhan behind.

“I’m just kidding. Come back,” Luhan said as he grabbed Seyoon’s hand and brought her to a bench facing the scenery from the rooftop. “This is the first time that I’ve been here. This place looks great!” he said to her, smiling.

Seyoon looked at his smiling face and she felt the guilt slowly conquering her. She avert her gaze from him and pulled a huge lunchbox from her bag. “I – I made lunch for you,” she stuttered. She thought that maybe the food she made, the one that Luhan always liked, would at least lessen the impact of the news she would bring to him.

“You…you made this for me?” he asked with an almost teary eyes.

“Yes…” Seyoon mumbled.

“Thank you,” he said as he pulled Seyoon in a hug. Seyoon just stared wide-eyed but she didn’t pull herself from his embrace.

‘This would be hard,’ she thought.

 

"How was it?" she asked Luhan.

"Hmm?" he asked with his mouth full.

"The food, how was it?"

"I don't like it..." he replied.

"Huh?"

"I love it! Who wouldn't like to eat this kind of food? This is the best. You're future husband would be lucky," he said to her. 

Pierced. Her heart was pierced. 'Why did he said that? I felt like I was just stabbed,' Seyoon thought.

"I'm glad you like it," she said.

"I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY!" both of them said at the same time.

"Huh? If you're going to say something then you go ahead," Luhan said to her, smiling.

"Ah...no. You go ahead," Seyoon replied. If his was a good news, she didn't want to ruin it if she started with a bad news. That would ruin the whole mood, she thought.

"Okay. Seyoon I..." Seyoon looked at Luhan whose face suddenly turned crestfallen.

"Why? What's wrong?" she asked concernedly.

"I...I was scouted Seyoon!" he exclaimed.

"Scout? What do you mean? Scout as a trainee?" she asked wide-eyed.

"No. I hope it was but no. I was asked to model for something."

"Something? What do you mean? What if it was a scam or an adult-type of modeling?" she asked frantically.

"No," he chuckled. "Haha. Why do you sound concerned all of a sudden? You're really in love with me, I know," Luhan said to him. He was smiling with his radian child-like smile and matching it with his doll-like beaming eyes. She froze at that moment, thinking that she didn't want that smile to go away because of her. She knew she didn't want to see him hurt. She didn't notice that she was staring at Luhan for too long.

"Seyoon? Seyoon?" he tried to grab her attention. "So it's true? Do you love me?" Luhan asked her.

"No!" She averted her gaze. "No. We're just friends, remember?" she told him.

Luhan nodded, "I know but don't stare at me like that or else, I would think otherwise. You're melting me with your eyes," he said.

Seyoon suddenly felt her cheeks flushed by what he had said. It's not that she felt that same as the way she felt with Kai but she could also feel a hot sensation in her cheeks. 

"What is it?" Luhan asked.

"Huh?"

"The one you're supposed to say. You said you have something to tell me. What is it?" he asked, smiling.

'Ah Luhan, why are you making this hard for me?' Seyoon thought. She took a deep breath. "There's a rice grain on your left cheek!" she said. 'Why Seyoon? Why?' she cursed herself.

"That's it? Only about this rice grain? What? HAHA!" Luhan laughed whole-heartedly. "You're really weird Seyoon. That's why I love you," he said.

Seyoon looked at him wide-eyed. Even Luhan stared wide-eyed. He didn't know why he blurted those three words all of sudden. He felt his cheeks flushed and his heart beating rapidly.

"Idiot. What are you saying?" Seyoon said to him.

"Whatever! I already said it so there's no turning back!" said Luhan as he stuck his tongue out to Seyoon. "It's true anyway..."

A moment of silence covered the two. Suddenly, Luhan started talking. "By the way, who's that guy who fetched you yesterday? It's the first time that I saw him," Luhan asked.

"Ah...he is...he is the wedding planner for my parent's joint wedding anniversary," Seyoon excused. 'No! That's my opportunity to say it to him and I just let it slip away,' Seyoon cursed herself.

"Oh. Your parents and Kai's parents are really closed, aren't they?" Seyoon nodded in response. "It's a good thing they didn't put you and Kai in an arrange marriage, you know, like those people in some TV dramas. Does that even exist in real life?" he jokingly asked.

Seyoon felt that she was not just stabbed once but multiple times today. If it only happened in real life, she might be dead by now. She looked at Luhan with a forced smile. "What if it exists?" she asked. Luhan just looked at her.

 

 

 

 

 


A/N:

This is currently my phone's wallpaper. ^^ I know guys how much you love Luhan. I love him too. There are actually three EXO members I have special love to and he's one of them (Suho is another). And I admit that I am guilty too for being a LuYoon shipper. There, I said it! Yes I am. I just love how they met, the mascot thingy, everything! Goodness! My frustration for this two...But not all story has a happy ending, kay? I have to end...I want to cry. >< The next succeeding chapters - including this one - were painful for me when I wrote it. But I have too...(T.T)

 

On the bright side, how's my new poster?