32

Just When I Thought I Was Over You
 

XXXII

 

 

Seyoon knew exactly the owner of that voice but she won’t lose anything if she tried to play with him. After all, it’s been a year since she last saw him.

“Who are you? Are you some kind of ert? Get off of me,” she said, pretending that she was struggling.

“What?!?” the man chuckled.

“My brother said that I shouldn’t talk to strangers. Who are you?”

“Well, I guess your brother would be happy knowing that you’re following his command. But it’s too late now. You must guess who I am or I won’t remove my hands from your eyes. How about that little girl?” he said in a mischievous tone.

 

Luhan was on his way out when he saw Seyoon being approached by a stranger from behind. Much to his surprise, the man covered her eyes. And based on his point of view, it seemed like Seyoon was struggling to get away from the man. So he thought that maybe that man was harassing Seyoon of some sort. He frantically ran and grabbed the man’s hand.

“Ahjussi what are you doing?” he asked, holding than man’s hand tightly.

Much to Seyoon’s surprised when the man’s hands were lifted from her eyes, he saw Luhan somehow angry.

“Why are you touching Seyoon? That’s harassment and for goodness’ sake, the sun is still up, ahjussi,” he said to the man.

“What?!” Seyoon blurted.

Just then, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, and Sehun were already walking outside when they saw Seyoon, Luhan, and a familiar man.

“Are you alright?” Luhan asked Seyoon.

“Of course I am. Why won’t I be?” she said.

Upon recognizing the familiar man, the four boys bowed to him courteously.

“Sunbaenim!” they shouted happily.

 The man stayed still all this time, seeing Seyoon and the unknown angry boy, and his juniors greeting him.

“Oh, hello~” he greeted with a smile, removing his hand from Luhan’s grip.

“Sunbaenim?” Luhan asked.

“Yah, what are you doing? Bow to him, he’s our sunbae and…” said Chanyeol.

“Huh?” Luhan asked, confused.

“Oppa, sorry. He doesn’t know who you are. You already graduated when he studied here,” Seyoon said to the man.

“Oppa?” Luhan questioned.

“He’s Seyoon’s brother, Suho-sunbaenim,” Sehun whispered.

“Brother? Oh my!” still in shock, he apologetically bowed to the man in front of him. “I’m Luhan. I’m a transfer student and Seyoon’s friend. I’m sorry for my rudeness just a while ago. It will never happen again, ahju—sunbaenim,” he said.

“Oh oh, first impression, minus point~” Chanyeol teased Luhan. Luhan pouted at him.

“You look familiar though. Let’s see…oh right! It seems like you don’t remember me. Oh well, it’s not worth remembering anyway. What did your girlfriend say about not having her favorite flavored drink? Did you tell her that you bumped into an ‘ahjussi’ who was not looking his way?” Suho said to him with a satirical smile.

The other boys tilt their heads to the side, thinking. “Uh?”

That seemed to ring a bell to them when they remembered what happened earlier in the cafeteria. Luhan came back with only seven cans of drinks. And the only one who didn’t have a drink that time was Seyoon. They thought that Luhan was only making an excuse when he said that some random ‘ahjussi’ bumped onto him, causing Seyoon’s drink to burst on the floor. He was not lying all along. But he lied when he told them that the ‘ahjussi’ didn’t apologize and just left him.

The four boys glared at Luhan. “What?” he asked, trying to avoid an eye contact.

“Girlfriend? You told my brother that the juice was for your ‘girlfriend’? Are you telling other people too that I am your girlfriend, huh Luhan?” she asked angrily.

“No! It’s not my intention at all. Believe me, Seyoon,” Luhan said nervously. What kind of bad luck had come his way today? He didn’t know if there was a way to get out of such an embarrassing situation. If only he could turn back time, he would. “And it’s not my intention too to be rude to you sunbaenim,” he said with his head low.

“Don’t worry, you’re forgiven,” he said, again with a smile on his face.

 Luhan tried to smile back with anxiousness still evident on him but he was taken aback when Suho’s smile disappeared and asked him another question.

“By the way, are you hitting on my sister?” he asked. His face turned into a serious, cold face that, for Luhan, was more frightening than his roller coaster experience.

“Oppa,” Seyoon said while holding her brother’s arm. She really didn’t want this kind of brotherly protection especially when it came to her personal affairs, though she appreciated it nevertheless.

But then, Luhan replied within a minute of fearful thinking. “I like her. And yes, I’ve been waiting for her answer to my affection. But I swear that I have no other bad intention on her,” he said affirmatively.

Seyoon looked at her friends, then at Luhan whose face trying to be cool but nervousness still evident, and then to his brother whose face changed again with a smile.

“Ok, we’ll see,” Suho said to Luhan. “But first, where’s Jongin?” he asked them.

Seyoon looked at her friends and they all shrugged. But Luhan somehow already had a hint that Kai was probably in the music room, meeting with Krystal.

“He’s doing some school work. He’s been busy these days,” Seyoon excused.

“Oh, okay. I guess it’s only the five of you…” then he looked at Luhan. “You can come too if you want,” he said to him, smiling. But Luhan felt that that smile was somehow forced. “I’ll treat you for dinner,” he said to them.

All the boys, including Seyoon, smiled at Suho. Luhan saw how similar Seyoon and Suho looked alike especially when they smiled.

“Why are you still standing there?” Seyoon asked Luhan. The rests were already following Suho to his car. “Don’t worry about it. My brother is just protective of me, well, over-protective sometimes. But he doesn’t really meddle deeply into my personal affairs. You’re coming with us, right?” she asked Luhan, smiling. Somehow Seyoon felt sorry for Luhan. He was just trying to protect her when he saw Suho covering his eyes. Besides, when he positively admit that he liked her, she felt somehow flattered with his audacity. “Let’s go,” she said which had Luhan a smile on his face.

 

During their dinner, all of them only talked about some past memories during middle school years although Luhan, and also Seyoon (since they just entered the school during their second year), didn’t have much context of what they were talking about. Somehow, it helped Luhan understand Seyoon’s brother more. And sometimes, he would also learn something about Seyoon when his brother told stories about their childhood.

“Who would’ve thought you would all grow like this now? I mean literally look at you, especially you Chanyeol. That last time I saw you, we were only in the same height, but now,” he said to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol shyly smiled at him. “I also never thought I’ll grow as tall as this. But even though I am taller, you are more handsome, sunbaenim,” he said. This might also be his opportunity to give good impression on Seyoon’s brother, he thought.

“Aish! Stop joking. You’re more handsome. By the way, who’s the student council president?” Suho asked. Everyone pointed at Sehun.

“Wow! I never thought you’d be a part of the student council. But I always have an eye on your leadership skills. Good job,” he said to Sehun. Sehun smiled shyly in response. “Oh, and are you two still singing?” referring to Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.

“Yes. I am the vocalist of our school band and Kyungsoo is a member of the glee club,” Baekhyun replied.

“Great!” And then he looked at Luhan, “How about you…ahh…Luhan?” Luhan nodded. “What do you do?” he asked Luhan.

‘This is the time to redeem myself,’ Luhan thought. “Well…uhm…I actually dance as a hobby. And I join dancing competitions too,” he said.

“How was it?” Suho asked.

“Well, the biggest prize we’ve won is the nationals. And then I also sing like Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.”

The four boys including Seyoon were surprised. They never knew the fact that Luhan actually sings. In fact, they never heard him sing.

“I never knew that,” Seyoon said to him.

“Well, it’s not really something I focused on. I am more into dancing. But I can sing pretty decently,” he boasted.

“Well, there’s only one place for that. Let’s go to the noraebang,” Suho said to them.

After hours of being in the karaoke, after they found out about Luhan’s singing ability, after Luhan found out that Seyoon could also sing, after the boys duet together and they sang a song by a Kpop group called EXO, Suho told them that they would send them home one by one.

Since Sehun was already in their building in Hongdae, he chose to stay there for a while. Then Suho send Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, and Luhan to their dorm. The only people left inside the car were the siblings.

“Oppa, why are you here anyway? You don’t even tell me that you’re coming,” Seyoon asked her brother.

“I thought I should surprise you which somehow failed. But I really came here for research purposes. I miss Korea so I asked my professor if I could do my field research here and he accepted it. And I already miss you,” he said, still with his eyes on the road and his hands on the wheels.

Seyoon just smiled upon hearing that. The last time they saw each other was a year ago and she surely missed her brother a lot. “I miss you too,” she said shyly.

Suho smiled. “Aigoo, let’s stop with this drama,” he said.

“Oppa…”

“Hmm?”

“Thank you for being kind to my friends especially to Luhan even though he was rude to you earlier,” Seyoon said shyly.

“No problem. Of course I would be kind to them. I knew that they took care of you when you transferred here. There’s no reason not to be good to them. Well, Luhan really gave me a bad impression at first but I thought that he only did that to protect you. And I am glad that somehow someone would do that for you.”

“Oh,” Seyoon nodded. “If it was you, you would probably do the same, right?”

“Indeed,” and they both smiled at each other.

“Seyoon…”

“What?” she asked as she looked at her brother.

“It seems like that Luhan boy really likes you. He’s somehow unique I see. And he has great talents. And I could see that he is kind…” Suho said and Seyoon nodded in affirmation. “But does he know about the arrange marriage? Have you told him?” he asked.

Seyoon was dumbfounded by her brother’s question. Well, she hadn’t told anything to Luhan yet. She didn’t expect it anyway that Luhan have feelings for her in the first place. And she didn’t know that he had the willingness to wait. Until now she didn’t have plans of telling him.

“I know it may be hard but sooner or later, he will find out about it. And I think that’s even a harder situation to face. I know that you and Jongin are not in a relationship and that it not bad that you tried to mingle with other people especially at your age, but if you’re planning to take a step further into your relationship with Luhan, you should consider telling him as soon as possible,” he said to her.

Seyoon just looked at the window, thinking. Luhan’s been kind to her ever since his confession. She didn’t know how to reciprocate it. It’s not that she wanted to take a step further into her relationship with Luhan, although she’s not leaving the possibility in the future especially now that she was trying to move on from her feelings with Kai, but she was really afraid to tell Luhan. She’s afraid that he might lose him, not as a suitor, but as a friend.

“Did I bother you with my question? I’m sorry. Don’t think about it too much. It’s just an advice anyway. I’ll always be here to support you no matter what,” Suho said, trying to console his sister.

Suddenly, Seyoon took a peek at her phone and she found out a lot of missed calls and messages coming from one person. “Oh no!” she exclaimed.

“What?”

“I forgot to…to tell Kai that we went out,” she said.

“Don’t worry. I’ll tell him myself,” Suho said as he drove to their home.

 

 

 

 

 


Am I or the my story becoming predictable? A lot of you guessed it right! It's Suho! Yay

Who has love for him, our grandpa leader? I do ^_^

original pic credit: exo-suho.com