27

Just When I Thought I Was Over You
 

XXVII

 

 

‘Friends,’ that’s what she told Kai when he asked her about her relationship with Luhan. She replied so casually to him, eye to eye, without hesitation. She seemed comfortable calling Luhan a ‘friend’. But that made Kai uncomfortable for the reason he didn’t know.

---

It didn’t bother Seyoon at all on the clothes she chose to wear today. After all, it was just a casual ‘group date’ with Luhan. And the purpose of it, in the first place, was to get to know each other better for the sake of the label, ‘friends’. That was Seyoon’s only aim, nothing else.

---

Luhan, on the other hand, did prepare pretty well for this day. In fact, if it wasn’t for Lay and Xiumin’s tranquilizing encouragement last night, he might not be able to go to sleep for thinking too much. It was the first time that he asked someone out. And even though he promised Seyoon that it was only for the sake of him proving that he was worth to be called a friend, Luhan wanted to prove more than that.

---

Kai wasn’t paying attention at all on the series of performances laid before him and the rest of the audience in the concert hall. In fact, he didn’t even notice the instruments that were played. He was thinking too much and nervousness consumed him, not because of Krystal’s performance, but because of the fact that Seyoon would be going out with Luhan. And although he knew it was a group get-together, (because Baekhyun reassured him that they would accompany Seyoon), he was still not comfortable with it. Finding the reasons why he was uneasy, he still didn’t know the answer. Seyoon was still asleep when he left home earlier. And if the performance would finish earlier, he might have the chance to see Seyoon before she would go. But the chances were slim because he knew he promised Krystal a date tonight and she was more important than Seyoon – maybe.

---

What would be hard for Baekhyun and Chanyeol was the thought of how they would greet Seyoon the next day especially when they had a very bad news for her today. They knew she would not like that news and they didn’t expect it either. But they had no choice now especially when their band leader threatened them that if they wouldn’t be able to recruit a new guitarist for their band before the end of the day, they would surely disband any time. They even had a fight that one should go and accompany Seyoon but they couldn’t because if they didn’t work together, their band would have no tomorrow for sure.

But what was even harder was the sight of two people they didn’t expected to see. Baekhyun and Chanyeol almost had a heart attack when they saw two familiar figures approaching them. They shouldn’t be there, not that time. The four looked at each other with shocked faces.

“What are you doing here?!” they all said at the same time.

---

Seyoon arrived at the amusement park a little earlier than expected. Well, she left the house earlier knowing that Chanyeol and Baekhyun would probably arrive late. At least telling them the she was waiting, they would probably hastened up and arrive on time. The problem was, they were not late but they didn’t arrive either. Now, it was only Seyoon who went to the amusement park alone and early.

Maybe she should hide or at least wait in a place where no one could see her. That way, Luhan wouldn’t think that she was too excited that’s why she was early. But she couldn’t because it was too late. A few meters away from her, she could see Luhan coming and alone.

Luhan approached the wide-eyed Seyoon. “Am I too early? It’s not evident that I’m too excited, is it?” he asked her jokingly. But it seemed like the other one was too shocked by what she saw. “Aren’t you happy to see me?”

“You are alone,” Seyoon said in a questioning tone.

“Ah…” Luhan nodded. “Xiumin and Lay have an emergency. They thought they will be able to finish their project on time but they aren’t able to. They need to rush now to finish it so…” Luhan looked at Seyoon. She still looked crestfallen after seeing him. He didn’t know that not having Lay and Xiumin come with him would have such great effect on her. “But it’s alright. You still have your friends, right?” he asked her. Luhan looked left to right but there was no sign of the tall guy and the opposite one. “Where are they anyway?”

“They…weren’t able to come. They have things to do so…” Seyoon couldn’t look at him in the eyes. This wasn’t anything that she expected. She had her friends. He had his friends. But why both parties were gone at the same time? Was this her unluckiest day ever?

Luhan, even though he should be celebrating right now knowing that it was only he and Seyoon who were present, still couldn’t stay calm. He knew that he promised this to be a group get-together, friends’ hangout. But now that it was only the two of them, there would be a possibility that Seyoon wouldn’t go on with the plan. “So it means it is just the two of us. Do you…do you want me to bring you home? I’m not forcing you to go on with the date. After all, it is only the two of us,” he said, half dignified, half nervous.

“No. It’s okay,” she said. Luhan looked at her, surprised but with a hint of happiness glinted in his eyes.

‘There’s a hope after all,’ he thought.

“Kai left early today. I don’t want to spend the rest of the day alone,” she said. Luhan could hear the sadness in her tone. “Besides, we are already here. It’s been a while since the last time that I went to an amusement park. There’s no harm going anyway. I believe I have the reason to trust you, right?”

“Of course! So, let’s spend the rest of the day knowing it each other. I promised you’ll never get bored,” Luhan said happily as he grabbed Seyoon’s hand. Surprised, she looked at her hand held by Luhan as they walked to the entrance of the park. But more surprisingly, she didn’t let go of it. It was just for a day anyway and it was the first time she saw him that overjoyed, she thought.