35

Just When I Thought I Was Over You

A/N: Is my special love for Suho that evident in the past chapter? HAHA! Well, his role won't end here...^____^ Wait for it...


 

XXXV

 

 

She opened her eyes, waking in a new day. In the past few days, she felt so happy, so protected, so loved when her brother, her hero, her guardian, decided to stay with them for a while. But then, she woke up another day just to find out that his brother would leave. Now, she had to face another day, again, with her and her alone. She couldn’t talk to anyone…Yes, there were her friends. There was Luhan. And then, there was Kai. But she couldn’t talk as whole-heartedly as she was with her brother.

She just remembered how that drunken night made her confessed what her heart really yearned for, how she thought she would forget about it the next day like any other person who got drunk. And yet when she opened her eyes, all of the memories came back; the way she cried, the way she told her brother about Kai and his girlfriend, about not really liking Luhan, about not being able to move on, about still loving him…Kai. She couldn’t tell her brother that she remembered everything. She thought that maybe Suho would be more concern if she told him about it. So, in the past weekend, she found herself deliberating for the best solution to her problems.

“Why can’t I think of anything?” Seyoon said as she continued stirring the coffee with a spoon. Suddenly she felt a flick on her forehead. She stared wide-eyed on the man sitting across from her.

“Are you zoning out again? I’ve been talking here over and over again and you’re only reply was that you couldn’t think of anything? What kind of reply is that?”

“No, that’s not for you. By the way, why do you call me here anyway Jongdae-oppa?” she asked the man as she took a sip from her straw. Jongdae was like another brother to her and Suho. He was running errands for her parents, was paying her tuition fees, and was arranging her dormitory contract when she lived in America during her elementary years. Jongdae was like her second parent, only younger – way too young that he was recently able to graduate from the university even if he was working for them.

“Well, your mother and Kai’s mother wanted you to choose the design for your wedding gown and--,” Jongdae stopped when he saw Seyoon almost spilled the coffee on the table. “Don’t worry, I’ll get it,” he said as he stood up and went to the kitchen. “Where’s your rag?”

“Wedding gown?” Seyoon kept repeating as her eyes stared into the place where Jongdae previously sat.

“Where’s the rag?” Jongdae repeated.

“This. Is. Not. Right,” Seyoon said unblinking.

“The rag…”

---

“Why did you bring me here with you, knowing it is your date with your father? Baekhyun asked Kai, heading to a building in Itaewon where his father asked to meet him.

“I don’t know. I don’t have a good feeling for this. Besides, I really don’t like to go out alone with my dad. He would just talk about business over and over again. I’m sick of it,” said Kai. “Speaking of the business savvy…Hi Dad!” he greeted with a forced smile.

“Hello Mr. Kim,” Baekhyun greeted with a vow.

“Hello you two. Get it in the car, I am sure you would like where we are going,” he said as the driver opened the car.

Kai looked at Baekhyun who responded with a shrug.

---

“Omo! Are you the bride-to-be? You’re…,” the man looked at her from head to toe and his narrowed on her face. “Younger than I thought,” he finished.

“I’m already 19 years old.”

“I know or else you won’t be here right now my dear,” he replied with, for Seyoon, a forced smile.

Seyoon looked at Jongdae who looked at her and said voicelessly that it’s alright. ‘This designer does not seem to like me,’ she thought.

“So, I guess I have to make the most beautiful gown for you. Just take it as a gratitude to your family for taking care of my brother.”

“Brother?” Seyoon asked him.

“Yes. Kim Jongdae is my brother. Oh I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Kim Heechul my dear,” he replied with full grin. Jongdae nodded with assurance. “What are we waiting for? Let’s get your measurement!”

---

“A tailor shop?” Baekhyun asked Kai. Kai shrugged back, not really knowing why his father brought them there in the first place although he could feel something not good was going to happen.

“I know we still don’t have a tentative date for your wedding but we and Seyoon’s parents decided that we start preparing for your wedding. To start that, I decided to bring you here so you could choose the suit that you will wear. As for your friends, we’ll bring them here someday. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s go in,” his father stated happily.

Kai and Baekhyun stood in the entrance with their mouth gaping. This was unexpected for Kai. Although he agreed with the marriage, he never knew this day would come and he felt like the arrangement he agreed to a few months ago just started to sink into him just now.  

“Let’s go. Your father is waiting,” said Baekhyun as he pushed Kai to go inside.

---

“What?!?” Chanyeol shouted. He was so happy today that he was able to wake up earlier than he used to. He immediately prepared himself and ran too early in the morning to go to Seyoon’s apartment. Then while they were walking to school, Seyoon gave her news he never thought would ruin his supposed-to-be wonderful day.

“My parents already started preparing for the wedding. Just yesterday, Jongdae-oppa brought me to a wedding dress designer, who turns out to be his older brother,” Seyoon said to him. Well, she didn’t care to talk to Chanyeol about the wedding even if Kai was just walking behind them. Anyway, he seemed also shocked with what happened yesterday that he was absent-mindedly walking with them.

“Oh that secretary of yours, I remember him. Wait, your designer is a man?” Chanyeol asked again with his high voice.

“It’s okay. He seemed scary though, at first. But when we started talking about the design, he seemed more enthusiastic than I do. In the end, I let him do whatever he wants.”

“Oh…am I going to meet him too? I wanna see you wedding dress before Kai could even see it,” Chanyeol said, smiling at Kai.

“I don’t think you can. We will go to a separate tailor shop for our suit. You will not go with Seyoon. They don’t have suits there or else, you want to wear a gown on our wedding,” Kai replied with a smirk.

‘Our wedding?’ Kai’s words repeated inside Seyoon’s head which caused her face to get hotter and her heart started beating rapidly.

“Seyoon, you’ll let me see you in wedding dress right?” Chanyeol asked persistently.

“Huh? Ah…I’ll see. Besides, I am not comfortable wearing gowns…”

Chanyeol stopped walking and suddenly clasped Seyoon’s hands with his hands. The two blocked Kai’s way so he just stopped and stared at them. “You’ll always look beautiful whatever you’ll wear. Just believe in yourself. Just imagining you wearing that dress…” Chanyeol started staring into space when he heard a voice, the most annoying voice he knew owned by the most annoying person he hated.

“Dress? Who’s wearing a dress? Seyoon, are you going to wear a dress? For what? Omo! I think it will look great on you,” Luhan said who suddenly popped out of nowhere, joining their conversation and yet oblivious of what they were talking about.

“It’s none of your business,” Chanyeol replied with a stern face.

“Why? Tell me Seyoon, what is that dress all about?” Luhan asked with his pleading eyes.

“It’s for our parents’ joint wedding anniversary,” Kai finally entered their conversation, not able to take the annoyance that Luhan’s presence brought him.

“Right. So stop asking okay?” Chanyeol tapped his shoulder before he continued walking with Seyoon and Kai.

‘There family is really close,’ Luhan thought as he walked behind them. ‘If only I were Kai…”