Chapter 4

Behind these Nerdy Glasses

Minji said goodbye to her friends before walking towards her house, an empty cupcake bag in hand. As she walked, she let out a heavy and long sigh before pulling out her phone. She pressed the green phone icon and clicked on the contact number she had that read "Dinosaur".

"Minji?" The voice on the other line answered after two rings.

"Oppa, I'm walking home right now, but can you come pick me up anyways? I'm tired." she mumbled into the phone.

"Yeah, ok. Where are you?" Jonghyun asked, she could hear the car door shut and the engine starting.

Minji stopped, looking around, "I'm just 3 blocks away from the coffee cafe."

"Alright. Stay there! Don't go anywhere." he commanded her before hanging up.

She looked around untill she spotted a bus stop bench ahead and went to sit on it. Sitting down, she closed her eyes and sighed again. Tomorrow is Monday, meaning she had to go back to school. And she couldn't say she liked her school. No, not exactly, who would if they had to face bullying and mockery everyday?

She thought back to what Nathan and Seokie told her,

'Don't worry about it too much, Minji. I doubt they'll be in any of our classes.' Nathan said patting her shoulder.

'Yeah, I don't think it'll be likey to run into them either, I mean you'll know if they're close because I'm sure you'll see a crowd of girls around them and constant yelling of confessions.' Seokie replied back smiling, "Not to mention those cameras that will be around them, too.'

If you think about it, the possibilities of meeting them are in fact, really slim. She looked down at her watch once more, reading that the time was now 7:15.

"Jonghyung should be here soon." she said outloud to herself as she pulled out her iPod and placed her headphones on.

Scrolling through her playlist, she decided on listening 'Quasimodo', one of her favorite songs by SHINee. She turned the volume down low to only two bars, just in case. Minji was one of those skeptical people when it came to being alone at night. As she waited, she started humming to the song, untill she actually started singing soflty to it.

As she was singing, though, she didn't notice the small drizzle of raining falling around the roof of the bus stop and the car that pulled up in front of her.

"YAH!! Minji!!" Jonghyung yelled as he rolled down the window, getting her attention in an instant, "Get in here before it starts pouring down out there!" 

Minji quickly put away her iPod and sped towards the car, "Thanks for picking me up."

Jonghyung just smiled and ruffled her hair as they drove back home.

Once they were home, Minji walked to her room and fell unto her bed, falling fast asleep.


Minji sat on a pink floating cloud as she petted a giant bunny next to her.

"You're so fluffy." she said dreamily, "And soft. How are you so soft?"

She turned to her side and found a bag of rainbow cotton candy.

"Yumm..."

Her hand reached out as she picked up the bag and took out a handful of the sweet treat.

As she raised it to , a voice came from it, "Minji! Wake up!! You're gonna be late! And let go of my hand!"

A frown formed on the girls face as she scolded the cotton candy, "Cotton candy shouldn't talk, cotton candy should be eaten."

And with that she took a bite into her 'cotton candy'.

"OOWWWWWWW!!!!! MINJIIIIIIII!!!"

Minji shot up in her bed as she looked around in shock, seeing Taemin sitting next to her bed holding his hand as he yelled out in pain.

"What happen?" Minji gasped as she knelt down next to him and took his hand, suddenly seeing teeth marks on it getting confused, "Did you bite yourself?"

The poor bitten boy just glared at the girl as he walked out of her room, shouting behind his shoulder, "No, I got bit by a piranha named Minji. Now hurry up and get ready, you only have half an hour before school starts."

"What?" Minji turned to the clock on her wall and shrieked, "Why didn't you wake me up earlier?!"

Minji rushed to the bathroom, stumbling and tripping over her feet as she entered, and showered quickly. Rushing back to her room she threw on her school uniform and socks and tied her hair up in a messy bun. She looked around the room looking for her bag, before remembering she left it downstairs.

Jonghyun, Minho, and Key were sitting at the kitchen table before they heard footsteps running down the stairs.

"Slow down and eat some breakfast." Key called out as Minji ran past them into the living room looking for her bag. She ran back to the kitchen, bag in hand as she sat down next to Key.

"I have 17 minutes left, can you drop me off?" Minji said as she took a pancake off of Key's plate and ate it.

"Ok, you wanna eat a full breakfast first?" Key said as he handed her some juice.

Minji shook her head as she stood up, "No, can we go now? I wanna get to my class before anyone else."

Key glanced at Jonghyung who tensed up, "OK, let's go. You go ahead, I have to get my keys."

Before Minji headed out the door, she heard Jonghyung mutter to Key and Minho about how he hated her school.


Hii!! I finally updated!! Ok, now I promise in the next chapter our 'special guests' will show up. I was going to show them up in this chapter, but it was getting too long, in my opinion. And if you have any comments or suggestions, you can comment below ^u^