Chapter 9

Behind these Nerdy Glasses

"There was a wave of angry comments from the girls side that only made me sink deeper into my seat. Mr. Jung gave me an apologetic look, realizing his mistake. While he tried to settle the class down I closed my eyes and tried to pretend like I couldn't feel the glares focused on me. This is going to be a long class. 

Someone nudged my shoe, trying to gain my attention. Inwardly groaning, I glanced up and saw Xiumin puff his cheeks out with his eyes crossed. My hands flew to my mouth to muffle my laughter.

"Thanks." I mouthed at him as he gave me a thumbs up.

"As I was saying earlier!" I jumped at Mr. Jungs voice, "this is music class and not only will we be doing vocals, but we will also be using different instruments such as guitars, drums, piano, etc. At the end of this quarter, which is in 8 weeks, you will all be performing in front of the class in your respected groups. I will be expecting vocals and the minimum of atleast 3 other instruments. As you all know, I am a generous teacher," he paused and smiled as a couple students giggled, "so I am giving you guys the choice of what our first lesson will be. I will pass around a small box and I want you all to write on a slip of paper what you want to learn first and slip it into the small opening of the box. Got it? Good."

He started passing the box off at the group at the front right corner of the room.

"I'm putting in singing first!" Baekhyun grinned as he elbowed DO.

DO rolled his eyes and turned to face me, "What are you gonna put in?"

I grimaced at the thought of having singing first, "Uh...maybe guitar or piano?"

"Really?" Lay looked at me with wide eyes, "Can you play?"

"I bet I can play better!" Baekhyun shouted playfully.

He shouted a little too loud because the girls behind us started squeeling and giggling like mad men. Baekhyun blushed and rubbed the back of his neck. Most of the members rolled their eyes at the girls reactions. I noticed that some of the girls were still glaring at me so I shifted my attention back to my desk.

"Well?" Looking up, Lay was still looking at me, waiting for a response.

'Oh shoot...what did he ask again?'

"Uh...." My eyes widened as my eyes looked around the group, "Sure?"

Luhan, Chanyeol, and Sehun burst into laughter as the other members grinned at me.

"Did you forget what I asked you less than a minute ago?" Lay smirked as he raised an eyebrow.

"No!" I felt my cheeks heat up as I blew my bangs out of my face, "I didn't forget! It just...slipped my mind..."

Lay shook his head with a soft smile on his lips and I could hear a faint whisper, "Ke ai a..."

I frowned, confused at what he said and wondered if he called me an idiot.

"He was asking you if you played either the piano or the guitar." DO reminded me.

"Oh!" I straightened up in my seat and beamed, "I do! I play both actually! My best friend taught me to play the guitar and my brothers friend taught me the piano! They're both really gifted, you know? My best friend actually just performed at a cafe the other day for open mike night and he played so well! But if you put him and my brothers friend together then it'll be like listening to angels themselves!"

I was smiling as I thought about Seokie oppa and Minho oppa. They actually did play together once while we were all hanging out one night and we were all suprised by how good they sounded. Remembering that night I couldn't help but to laught a little because that night we put make up and drew on Jonghyuns face because he fell asleep while we were watching Running Man. 

I noticed that the group was quiet and when I came out of my daydream, all of them were staring at me, suprised.  Kai's mouth was actually hanging open and I wondered if I would be able to throw a paper ball into it. Bad thought, Minji!

"Um...did I say something wrong?" I blushed as I pushed up my glasses.

No one talked for another couple seconds before Suho cleared his throat, "I think that was the most you've said to us all day. And just like Baekhyun said earlier, you look really adorable when you smile."

Now I'm sure I looked like a tomato while I sat there speechless looking at them.

"Hey, is anyone gonna get this box?" one of the boys in the group next to us was holding out the box for us. 

I silently thanked God for the interuption as I quickly grabbed the box and started scribbling 'guitar' on the small index card. I shoved it into the opening and passed it to Tao.

'I really hope singing isn't the first lesson'

I pulled out my cell phone and sent a short text to Seokie and Nathan.

Minji: Guys, did you get your schedule changed, too? Please say yes! 

It only took a second before Nathan and Seokie responed.

Nathan Umma: Just got here, overslept, let me see...

Seokie Oppa: I did. In P.E. at the moment. What's your next class?

"Texting your boyfriend?"

I jumped at Taos voice as he peered over my shoulder, "N-no! I'm texting my best friends!"

"Oooh, I thought there was no texting in class." Xiumin teased.

I rolled my eyes and put my cell back in my pocket, "Just a quick message."

I was about to start doodling when I noticed that Tao was still staring at me.

Fighting the blush that insisted on showing up every five minutes now, I stared back at him.

Which was probably a bad idea because he raised an eyebrow and gave me a sly smirk. Yup, bad idea, especially since that damn blush came back at full force. 

"What?" I mumbled at him while avoiding looking into his eyes.

He chuckled and ruffled my hair, "Nothing..."

I turned away and mentally swore as I felt my cheeks and yup, they were burning up. I hope this doesn't continue all day.


YESSSS!! TWO UPDATES IN A DAY!! BOO YAH!!! Now if I can keep this up... Hehehe, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I know things are going a bit slow, but I really don't want to have a fanfic where the guy falls in love witht he girl within a day. I mean that's great, but c'mon, life isn't always like Disney. Thanks for reading guys! See you all soon!♥♥♥♥