< Part Seven >

The Race Against Time...

Nasty stench of blood and rotting filled the lift lobby. Reddish brown blood stains smeared the entire elevator. There was a puddle of blood on the ground. And in it was the dismembered corpse of the Infinite’s manager.

The strong and almighty Infinite’s leader tear up at the inhumane method to end the life of his manager. He tried to suppress his disgust and not to vomit at the horrible sight. The seriously frightened young man wanted to flee from the horrifying scene but something stopped him from doing that.

The Infinite’s once fatherly manager’s head was severed and it lied on the top of the corpse. His eyes were wide opened with shock; apparently he was killed in a surprised situation which Sunggyu thought it was good. At least, his manager died instantly and did not have to experience and suffer the pain.

A black envelope was stuck in between the manager’s blackened lips. It was an essential clue to Sungyeol’s whereabouts and Sunggyu was desperate and determined to get it, no matter how much he wanted to stay away from the gross elevator.

The courageous Infinite’s leader stood up weakly, using the wall behind him as a support. With shaky legs, Sunggyu began walking towards the dreadful elevator.

Just as he was two steps away from the lift, the doors closed without warning.

“!” Sunggyu cursed and tried to press the button to stop the lift but it was too late. The elevator had already ascended.

Judging from his previous experience, Sunggyu was damn confident that the elevator would surely stop at level seventh. Seven, the always recurring number, were too much of a coincidence though he was unsure of the car number that Myungsoo was in.

He quickly ran towards the stairs and dashed up hurriedly. True to his hunch, the elevator did really stop at the seventh storey. However, the door was closed.

Sunggyu pressed the lift button but there was no reaction. Anxious, Sunggyu dug his pockets for a suitable tool to pry open the door. To his surprise, the lift door opened abruptly.

The nauseous stench of blood and rotting corpse instantly hit Sunggyu’s nose again. He fought his urge to vomit and stretched his right hand towards the head to grab the black envelope.

Sunggyu’s fingers were barely a few millimetres away from the envelope when the supposedly to be dead manager grinned, dropping the important envelope into the gross puddle of blood.

Sunggyu was stunned of the bizarre situation. His dead manager’s head twisted three hundred and sixty degrees, grinning creepily in the process. It let out an evil laugh and began rolling down the remainder of the corpse, wading its way towards the frightened Infinite’s leader.

In a state of panic, Sunggyu did not think twice, he kicked the head away and dashed into the elevator to fish out the drenched envelope. The unlucky head was kicked to the stairwell and it rolled down the stairs.

Sunggyu did not dare to take the elevator down with the nauseating corpse and hence he took the same staircase. The furious head was at the bottom of stairs staring madly at the Infinite’s leader. Sunggyu did not wish to waste more time. He ran down the stairs two steps at a time and soon he was right in front of the disgusting head. The naughty Infinite’s leader smirked and kicked the head down another flight of stairs.

Laughter and moans of pain filled the empty stairwell. The Infinite’s leader had finally broken down due to the tremendous stress endured for the night. Sunggyu angrily kicked the head all the way to level one, leaving a trail of revolting blood along the way.

After feeling that he had released sufficient amount of stress and discontentment, Sunggyu gave a sigh of relief and apologised to the bruised and bloody manager’s head before dashing onto the street to read his next task.


Kim Sunggyu, well, I bet you had fun playing ‘football’…


And the note just ended with one sentence. There was no indication of the next task and it got Sunggyu worried. He torn the envelope and a ticket dropped onto the floor. It was an admission ticket to the nearby carnival. On it, a line of small print on the back of the ticket had Sunggyu shuddered with fear.


Complete all the games and rides in the shortest possible time…
Time check – You’re left with four hours and forty-eight minutes…
Enjoy, Kim Sunggyu…

 

“Enjoy…?” Sunggyu puffed disbelievingly. “Gosh…! I hate roller-coasters and haunted house…!” Though the naggy leader was whining and complaining, his legs were already in action, running towards the dreadful destination.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sincerely sorry, I've made you guys waited for days & I only came out with short, crappy chappie... T__T
Sigh... I'm really busy for the weeks and shall continue to be busy for another two weeks...
Sigh... /blaming myself for the stupid mission of Sungyeol/
6 hours..??!! That's a lot to write of...! I must be insane when I wrote that... >__<

Alright, Sunggyu's first stop is his company... Second shall be the carnival... There's another third stop... But I won't reveal its location first... :P
Urgh...! There's simply too much to write...! T__T

Alright, enough of my rattling... Do leave down comments or if you wanna scold me, go ahead.... >__<