< Part Six >

The Race Against Time...

The five Infinite members ate their breakfast tastelessly and in silence. They looked so depressed and lost that eating was merely like a robotic ritual to do. None of them had the mood to strike a conversation as two of their friends were still missing.

After their breakfast, they gathered around the living room and waited. It was almost noon; three hours had gone since the last note appeared. However, to them, it seemed that eternity had passed.

Sunggyu unclenched the previous note in his right fist and read again, hoping to get a clue of when the next task would appear. The long wait was suffocating and mind-wrecking.


Well done, Kim Sunggyu…!
Aren’t you damn lucky…?
Just two more seconds and we will have Sungjong forever turned into a teddy bear…
Alright… Guess you’re going to collapse from exhaustion soon…
Replenish your energy and we shall inform you of your next task soon…
The tall choding shall be next in the line…


Sungjong was nodding off in Myungsoo’s warm and comfortable embrace while Hoya and Dongwoo cuddled with each other on the couch and were snoring softly.

Sunggyu was slightly envious at the two couples. At least they were safe in each other’s arms. The lonely leader missed his beloved boyfriend and longed to have Woohyun’s strong and warm arms embraced him and whispered soft, soothing words. Thinking of that, a tear escaped Sunggyu’s right eye. However, he wiped it off hastily with his sleeve as he did not want to appear weak in the eyes of the invisible enemies.

Seeing that his friends had fallen asleep due to extreme exhaustion and anxiety; Sunggyu slowly tip-toed to the main door. He had a gut feeling that the mastermind would only pass down the task when he was alone.

And his hunch was damn accurate. Sunggyu was about to take the already-repaired elevator down when he saw the familiar note sticking at the button panel.


Alright, Kim Sunggyu…
Are you ready for the next challenge…?
You’re given six hours to rescue Sungyeol…
Yes, you read it correctly with your tiny eyes…
I repeat… Six hours…
First stop – Your company…
The faster you get there, the more time you will have to find Sungyeol…
As usual, good luck…


“First stop…?” Sunggyu mumbled softly to himself. “This means that there will be more stops to come…?” His eyes widened at the realisation.

Sighing exasperatedly, Sunggyu quickly dashed down seven storeys. He did not dare to take the lift as he was afraid that the mastermind would trap him inside to stall time. He ran to the main road and flagged down a cab. The paranoid leader dared not take his own company car as his imaginative mind had run wild. Images of movies scene whereby vehicles exploded and car brakes spoilt purposely flashed in his mind.

Within half an hour, Sunggyu had arrived at his company. He ran in, hoping to see the receptionist but silence greeted him. It was so quiet that Sunggyu could practically hear his own breathing. It was a normal weekday whereby the company should be bustling with lots of people and would be slightly noisy. However, the abnormal sight brought Sunggyu to a whole new level of alertness.

“Ding!” Sunggyu’s highly sensitive ears perked up at the sound of the elevator. He quickly ducked behind the reception’s desk and waited.

Moments passed but no one came out from the lift. Normally, the door should have been closed by now but it remained opened as if beckoning Sunggyu to take a look.

Unable to suppress his curiosity, the intense leader crept slowly to the lift lobby. He could almost feel his heart bumping rapidly and wildly against his chest. Nonetheless, the brave young man braced himself to look into the elevator.

However, he was not prepared to see and accept the view in the lift. Sunggyu’s shaky legs wobbled backwards till his back hit the wall and slipped ungraciously onto the ground…

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I apologise for the shortie chappie and the cliff-hanger... T__T
I'll be busy this few weeks as CNY is coming & I need to go shopping and do spring cleaning... >__<
This chappie is supposed to be one of the longest chappie as 6 hours is required to save Sungyeol...
But I wouldn't want my awesome readers to wait too long...
Shall try to update again by next week... ^_~