< Part Four >

The Race Against Time...

“Hyung…! Hyung…! Are you alright…? Why are you screaming…? Do you need help..? If you don’t answer me right now, Hoya and I are going to kick the door open…!” Dongwoo shouted anxiously.

Sunggyu jolted awake at Dongwoo’s loud voice. As his mind was still groggy from the nightmare, he was slow-responsive to reply s and that resulted in the end of the bathroom door.

The couple rushed in worriedly and checked out Sunggyu’s body for any injuries.

“Hey guys… Hey guys… I’m fine…” Sunggyu’s weak protest was being ignored totally or should I say it was being drowned in Dongwoo’s loud voice.

Finally the angry leader exploded as the duo seemed to enjoy touching his body inappropriately.

“I REPEAT…! I’M FINE…! I WAS JUST HAVING A NIGHTMARE…!”

At last, the duo reluctantly withdrew their hands from the soft yet muscular body of their leader.

“Stop giving me those puppy looks, I’m not going to fall for that…” Sunggyu shook his forefinger at them and got out of the bathtub, successfully wrapping his body with a towel, away from the lecherous view of the duo.

“How much time do I left with…?” Sunggyu softly inquired.

“Half an hour…” Hoya answered. “We know that you need sufficient rest… We didn’t want to disturb your rest but a moment ago, we heard a blood-curling scream from the bathroom and we thought something happened to you…”

Sunggyu nodded at the touching and considerate duo. He patted them on their shoulders and ushered them to take a bath.

Once he made sure that the couple was having fun in the bathroom and would not pay attention to him, Sunggyu slowly crept out of the dorm.

Dawn had arrived but Sunggyu was not in the mood to appreciate the beauty. Four of s are still missing, waiting for him to rescue.

Sunggyu roamed aimlessly around the street in his warm clothing and prepared weapons. Being a caring leader, he did not want to drag his two members into this ty and dangerous mission. He knew that all forms of assistance would help him in the task but he could not afford to put his friends at risk.

Hands in pocket, Sunggyu leaned against the lamp post, impatiently waiting for the mysterious black note to appear as time slowly crawled by.

“Ouch…!” Sunggyu rubbed the injured spot on the back of his head. Someone had just thrown a small pebble at him. He whipped furiously around to see no one but he spotted the black envelope stuck at the side of the green dustbin.

Sunggyu quickly grabbed the note and read it.


Impatient, aren’t you…? Feeling excited to start the next game…?
Alright, your wish is granted…
Venue – The car park opposite you…
Mission – To rescue Myungsoo within fifty minutes…
Oops…! The time has shortened, isn’t it…?
But we’re confident that you can make it…
Time will start once you stepped into the car park…
Hint: Myungsoo is locked in a black car at basement seven…
Again, Kim Sunggyu, we wish you good luck…


Releasing his breath, Sunggyu dashed towards the mentioned destination. He entered the car park and ran straight into the lift. He pressed ‘B7’ and waited anxiously for the lift to start moving.

“Ding!” The elevator came to a stop. The cautious leader slowly stepped out of the lift into the dimly-lit basement seventh. To his horror, he saw rows and rows of black cars in the fully-packed car park.

Sunggyu quickly got to work. He tried looking into the window of the first car but it was pitch-black. All the windows were tinted. Not admitting defeat, Sunggyu began to open doors of every car, hoping that he could find Myungsoo in one of them.

At the seventy-seventh car, Myungsoo was jolted awake by the opening of the door. He tried desperately screaming for help but he was gagged and bounded. He began to cry dejectedly when he heard the footsteps leaving him and further away.

Within thirty minutes, Sunggyu had opened every single car door but there was no sight of the Infinite’s visual. Pulling his hair in frustration, Sunggyu realised he missed out the bunk of each car. By then, Sunggyu was only left with eighteen minutes. There was no freaking way that he would be able to go through each car again.

Short-witted and desperate, Sunggyu began shouting. “Myungsoo, are you here…? I’m Sunggyu hyung… Make some noise if you can hear me…!”

To his surprise, he heard some noise coming from his left. While running to the source, Sunggyu kept shouting. “Myungsoo, continue making noise till I manage to locate you…!”

Finally, arriving at one of the black car, Sunggyu was certain that the sound came from the bunk. He opened it and was glad to see Myungsoo in it. He quickly untied Myungsoo and the duo ran to the emergency stairs, climbing frantically to reach ground level. They dared not take the elevator as they were afraid of trapping inside.

Finally, the duo reached the first level, panting and gasping for air, but enjoying bathing in the warm sunlight. An old patrol police walked past and asked in concern. Myungsoo explained that they had just climbed seven storeys up from basement seventh.

The officer stared weirdly at them. “Hey young men, are you high on drugs…? There’s only basement two in this car park… Go take a look again if you don’t believe me…” With that, he shook his head and walked away.

The duo stared fearfully at each other. “Let’s take a look…” Sunggyu suggested and both of them walked to the elevator and saw it was indeed till basement two. There was no trace of the ‘B7’ button that Sunggyu had previously pressed.

Still, the pair refused to believe that and walked back to the stair. Myungsoo looked down the stairwell and he was certain that there were only flights of stairs leading to basement two. Unable to explain the paranormal situation, the duo gave up and began to walk back home.

From the corner of his eyes, Sunggyu spotted the familiar black envelope sticking out from the back of a yellow sports car. He strolled towards it and took the note.


Wow…! You’re smart, Kim Sunggyu…
You’ve managed to rescue Myungsoo in thirty-seven minutes…!
I’m truly impressed with your record…!
Now, now, let’s have a short break, shall we…?
You will have your next task very soon…

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi there.... ^_^
FInally, I've updated after a short break...
Alright, three more members to go...!
How's the story so far...? Do let me know, okie...? ^_~