< Part Three >

The Race Against Time...

 

It was a miracle no one recognised the three Infinite members while the trio strolled home. Indeed, imagine two drenched guys and a ‘mummy’ fully wrapped up with blood-soaked bandages walking together. Anyone with a sane mind would have steer clear of them.

Finally, after walking for half an hour, the trio reached home.
(A/N: Kindly abandon all sorts of scientific and geographical knowledge when reading this… Thank you… ^_^)

Sunggyu was the first one to grab his clean clothing and dashed into the washroom to enjoy a warm and comfortable bath. He was seriously energy-drained. Though he hated the mastermind behind all these bizarre games, he secretly thanked them for preserving a tiny bit of humanity and compassion. The day activities and the adrenaline rush at night of the two games had taken a toll on the overly-exhausted leader who definitely required a short rest.

Sunggyu didn’t realise that he had fallen asleep till he was suddenly jolted awake by deafening poundings on the door by Dongwoo and Hoya.

“Hyung…! Wake up…! Hyung… Hyung… Come out…! The rest… The rest of them… The rest of the members…” Dongwoo muffled sobs could be heard clearly. However, it seemed that the poor guy was too distressed to continue speaking and Hoya’s hushing words to console Dongwoo made Sunggyu to develop a dreadful feeling.

Sunggyu quickly stepped out of the bathtub and wrapped himself with a towel before slamming the door opened, shocking the couple who were squatted near the door.

“Tell me… Tell me… What happened…?” Sunggyu’s quavering lips could barely make out the question. The duo looked up at him with tearful eyes before pointing their heads to the front door.

Sunggyu’s heart pounded madly as he took small, dreadful steps towards the destination. Finally, it seemed that eternity had passed and the scared leader had arrived at the door. He gripped the knob tightly. A familiar scene except that he did not know what was exactly on his doorstep. No, correction, he was afraid of what would be on the doorstep.

Sunggyu swung the front door open and to his horror, he saw the corpses of his four members lying bloodied and lifelessly on the ground, with eyes wide opened as if hatefully staring at the leader for his incapability and irresponsibility to save them.

Sunggyu opened his mouth wide to scream in horror and defeat. Big, fat tears rolled from his eyes onto the corpses as if to cleanse them from the pain they had suffered.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear readers,
Shall I just mark this story as completed..? ^_~
Anyway, I'm exhausted... Apologies for a short chappie... >__<
Please do let me know your thoughts... ^_^