Chapter Nine

Waiting in the Snow

“Excuse me Miss, but what are you doing here?” You hear a man’s voice waking you up. You open your eyes and the first thing you see is your boyfriends face. He is still sleeping, but he face is less pale than before. You look up to whoever it was that woke you up. You see the angry face of Doktor Park. “Young lady, we have been searching all over the hospital for a couple hours for you. Why are you here?” He asks you annoyed. You are surprised. “Doktor Park, this is my boyfriend. Isn’t it logical for me to be here?”
His eyes widen at your statement. He walks towards the bed and looks at your boyfriend. “Now that you mention it, I can see it is him. That explains why he didn’t come to visit you last evening. I’m very sorry for you Miss, but you do have to go back to your room. I need to do a check up and decide whether or not you can be discharged.
You nod and slowly get up. You don’t want to leave your boyfriend, but if you can be discharged, you can concentrate on being there for him, so you follow the doctor back to your room.
After you have had your check-up you finally get to eat something. You are even allowed to take a shower and wear your normal clothes and not some weird hospital pj’s. Your family comes to visit you and wait with you for the doctor's results. As you wait you get anxious to see your boyfriend again. You hope he has woken up already and that he has had no brain damage. You want to be there to hold his hand and be with him.
The moment you can’t stand the waiting any more and decide to get up and just leave, the doctor comes back into the room. “Good day to you all. Miss, I have good news. You are free to go. I advise you to go home and get rest.Slowly build up staying awake and starting your regular life. You will need to see a therapist for your trauma and a physiotherapist for your rehabilitation. That is all. I hope to not see you again Miss. Goodbye.”
You shake his hand and thank him for his care. The moment the doctor leaves you get up and start to make your way to your boyfriend. “Where do you think you’re going?” Your father asks you. “Isn’t it obvious?” You reply.
The next few minutes are a shock to you. Your father gets angry and starts yelling at you while your mother just sits there and cries. You brother is not helping the case by agreeing with your father on everything he says. Apparently your family believes it is your boyfriend’s fault that you got into a coma. They refuse to say his name and forbid you to see him ever again.
You get just as angry as them and yell back that is was your own stupid fault that you fell in the snow and that you had forgotten to eat. You scream at them that you love him and need him, as well as that he loves you and really needs you right now. You will not abandon him. It is all in vain, because your father will not listen to you. He decides you will all go home and focus on your recovery and nobody is allowed to mention your boyfriend again.
As your father starts dragging you out of the hospital you start crying again. You beg your father to let you go see him, but he is furious and will not let you go. He takes your phone away from you and forces your in the car with the help of your brother, who is the unfortunate soul that has to sit next to you in the car while you keep screaming, crying and trying to get out of the car.
None of it works and you end up locked up in your own room without Internet or cellphone. You think to yourself that this will not be considered ‘slowly starting your regular life’ and you set your mind to work to try and sneak out. You just have to go see him. Nobody can stop you from loving him, but just loving him from afar is not enough.You need to be near him.
After a couple hours you haven’t figured out a way to get out yet. You did argue with your father some more, but it got you nowhere. You lay down on your bed to think about what to do next, but you are exhausted and fall asleep within a minute.