Chapter Four

Waiting in the Snow

When you open your eyes you are still laying in the snow. It is dark and snow is still falling down. Almost all of your body is covered in snow and you can’t feel your body anymore. The tears you let out earlier are frozen to your face. ‘This isn’t right’ you think. ‘I’m supposed to be walking in the snow again, and falling down again. Not still laying here. This is not the right dream! But wait... if I know that I was dreaming, does this mean I’m awake now? What happened? Am I still out here, did nobody find me?’ You start to think back about what happened since you fell down in the snow. You remember falling down each day and meeting your boyfriend each day. ‘Why couldn’t I remember him in my dreams? I thought he looked familiar. Well duh! You pabo! Of course he looked familiar, he is your boyfriend. But why didn’t he show up in my last dream? I fell down like usual, but he didn’t come to save me.’ You think about the things that occurred in your dreams some more and your face heats up a bit. ‘I am such a ... dreaming about snogging my boyfriend. But why did he hug me at the end of every dream? And why did he say don’t leave me, please wake up? Did he know I was dreaming? Aish, this is confusing!!! But wait, dreams are usually confusing, they don’t make any sense.’ You keep on wondering what had happened to you, why you dreams were so weird and why nobody has found you yet. You start to think you must surely have died by now. Nobody survives being out in the cold for this long. You try to look around you to see if there are people out on the street yet. Suddenly you notice a car right next to you. It’s dark so you can’t see it very well. ‘Ok, now that is strange! That car wasn’t here before! Or was it?’ You are getting more and more confused. You look closely at the car and see that it is a complete wreck. It looks like there must have been an accident. The driver is still in the car. The door from the drivers seat is gone and you can see blood dripping on to the snow. The driver slowly turns his head towards you and although there is blood all over his face, you recognize him right away. It’s your boyfriend!
You shout out to him and try to get to him, but you still can’t move. Tears are streaming down your face as you watch the snow turn red underneath his car. “Noooooooooooooooooooo, don’t die! Don’t leave me! I love you! I need you! Please don’t die! Stay awake, I’m sure an ambulance will come! They’ll find us!” you cry out while sobbing hysterically. You look at him as he lifts his arm and reaches for you. “I’m so sorry I couldn’t make it. Forgive me!” he begs you with a soft voice as his arm falls to his side again. He closes his eyes and whispers: “I love you, don’t leave me, please wake up.”