Chapter Ten

Waiting in the Snow

He woke up when he felt a pressure on his chest leaving. It took him a while to get fully conscious and therefore he was to late in realizing someone had been hugging him. He opened his eyes slowly, thinking if there was somebody hugging him, it meant he was no longer in his car. He hopes it was you laying on his chest, because that would mean you’ve woken up. But when he opens is eyes and looks around him, there is nobody in the room.
His entire body hurts, but mostly his head. He tries to sit up, but fails because he is too weak and his left hand is bandaged. After wondering what happened and where he is for  while, he decides to try and call for some help. He finds a red button near his bed and presses it. Soon a nurse comes rushing into the room. She is glad to see he woke up and leaves to call a doctor.They come back and do a full check up. He is doing very well given the circumstances and they tell him his family and some friends are on their way to see him.
“How is my girlfriend doing?” he asks the nurse after the doctor leaves. “Excuse me? Your girlfriend? I’m afraid I don’t know her, Sir.” She politely answers him. “She’s also in this hospital, she is in the private ward. She has been in a coma for the last month. Could you please check up on her for me?” He asks the nurse with a sweet smile. The nurse can’t resist him when he smiles like that and hurries to go find his girlfriend. He knows he can get a lot done by simply smiling like that to girls, but he hardly uses it.
An hour later his family and friends are by his side, worrying and fussing and cheering him up. He listens to all of it, but his mind is pre-occupied with you. He hopes you woke up and came to see him, like he thought you did. Actually, he is pretty sure you woke up and came to see him. He remembers someone squeezing his hand and hugging him. Now that he thinks about it, it just had to be you.
The door to his room opens and he expects the nurse to be back with information. But unfortunately, it is his manager and he is furious. “How could you get into an accident? You are a star! Your health is most important! You can’t go perform for months now! Aisshh!!!” he walks to his bed and waits for an explanation, but of course he can’t give him that. It’s not his fault that he had the accident. But his manager continues: “This happened because you insisted on seeing that girl. We told you not to date and we also told you to break up when she had the accident. You don’t have time to sit around and wait for some sick girl to wake up. You didn’t listen and now look what you got yourself into.” He is forced to break off his rant as his phone rings. He leaves the room when the nurse suddenly comes in.
“I can’t find her Sir. They say that a young woman was discharged this morning after she woke up yesterday. Her family took her home.” She tells him. “Is there anything else I can help you with?” she looks at him hopefully. “No, thank you very much.” he replies with a sweet smile again. The nurse sighs and walks away, looking disappointed.
His heart skipped a few beats hearing that you’ve woken up, but he is worried that you are not here right now. Surely someone would have told you that he was awake and asking about his girlfriend. He wanted you to come visit him again. He wants to see you, hold you and kiss you, and make sure you are alright.
Just as he is about to ask his family and friends if someone can contact you, his manager comes back into the room. “As I was saying before,” he continues, “this is all that girls fault. You are not to see her again. I’ll make sure the staff will not let her in your room. She is a bad influence on you. Make sure you recover fast. I’ll be back tomorrow to see how you are doing.” With that he walks out of the room.
Your boyfriend is confused and angry. How can he treat you like that? He vents his anger to his the people in the room, but they seem to agree with the manager. They think it’s better for the both of you this way. You both ended up in the hospital because of each other.
He feels his anger rising with every word they say. He will not let you go. They don’t know what the two of you have been through. He knows there is a strong bond between you two, because you seek each other out when in need of help. Your hearts are so strongly connected that you reach for each other in your dreams.
His anger turns into determination, as he plans ways to keep seeing you, without his manager, family and friends finding out. But for now he accepts that you two are separated and probably will be for sometime. After most of his family ad friends leave. He tries to get some sleep, hoping he will meet you in his dreams.

Unfortunately, he realizes when he wakes up some hours later, he didn't. Your hearts seem to have disconnected. No more dreams together and no more waking time spend together. He wonders: is this the end?

 

A/N: currently working on the third and last part of this story... it's not over yet!