Food?

Why Are You Making Me Feel This Way?

Key POV

 

I woke up just as hungry as usual, but i wasn't in a bad mood. Even though i was freezing, i actually had a tiny smile on my face, while putting on my clothes for the day. It was the same clothes i had yesterday, and the day before, but who would notice? I mean, nobody thinks about me anyway.  

Or so i thought, until i opened my fridge (you know, just in case), and there was food in it. Not just a little, but it was full of food, including fruit, salad, beer (wait what?), bread, sodas, water and i could go on forever. 

"Where did this come from? Maybe all my spells and wishes have finally come true!" I whispered to myself, with a huge smile on my face, getting all excited. "Maybe.. oh god, i'm a wizard!!" I shouted, and ran into the bathroom, and splashed cold water on my face, again and again and again. Am i really a wizard? I've always felt a bit special, and been an outsider, but i would never think that-....

"Wait, i've gotta go to work!" I shouted to myself once again, and ran into the kitchen, while putting on my socks. But my odd behavior was okay right now, i decided, since the food in the fridge was a much more bizarre thing, than a running guy with one sock, yelling all alone in an apartment. 

I started to eat some food, and even combined strawberries with a toast, but sadly it didn't work. I was so happy, and words couldn't even explain. And i probably ate a lot more than i should. "But only this time.." I told myself.

But who is it anyway? It's not Kwanghee, because he would be like: "Baby, i'm here, did you miss meeeeee?! I've put a lot of food in your fridge for my Key-baby, so you can get a bit chubbier, okay? Aw, i'm so excited, because now i will finally be able to pinch your cheeks properly!!", and then he would start singing, and pull me into a warm hug, and so on. The list is endless..

Could it be.. Jonghyun? No, of course not. I mean, he doesn't like me at all. Or he hates me, or that's at least what it sounded like when we first met, but yesterday.. yesterday he was different. He knows my address, and he is pretty much the only one, except Onew and Kwanghee who knows it. And since Kwanghee and Onew are not on the list of the possible giving-food-to-poor-Key people, it has to be Jonghyun. But in the end i don't care who gave it to me, i would just give the person a big kiss, since i was about to die of hunger.

With the thoughts being in my head, and eating this glorious food, i soon lost track of time. Using alot of time to chew, i was eating, then thinking. Eating, and then thinking a bit more. Then thinking and eating at the same time. I then looked at my watch, and threw the rest of my 5th toast into the fridge, and ran out the door, without thinking about anything, except getting to work. Which probably was a  stupid idea, since i had to run in to my apartment again to put on my shoes. I didn't even have time to sigh at my stupid behavior, and ran out again. I ran all the way, having no time to stop and catch my breath. I know that my boss wants to fire me, and if i'm late now.. 

I didn't even want to think the thought to an end, and hurried into the café. As i closed the door, i was about to pass out of exhaustion. I will never eat so much food, and then run right after, again. Ever. But i had no chance of passing out, so i took my pen and notepad, ready to work, hoping that my boss wouldn't notice. But of course he did.

"Mr. Kibum." I heard the boss' voice, and felt a chill run down my spine, and slowly turned around to look at him. "This is it. Now i will finally lose my job," I thought to myself, and looked at the watch. Yup, i was 20 minutes late. Now i wasn't so happy for the secret food-bringer anyway. 

"Do you know what time it is?"

"Yes.."

"Now, can you guess what i am about to tell you?" He asked me

"Yes.." I said, and i slowly nodded. 

"Well, you are fired. Now hand me the notepad, and the pen, please." 

I gave it to him without saying a word, and he walked into his office. Now there is no chance of getting the work back. I should probably make a big scene out of it, and yell and rip my hair out, but i didn't. I simply didn't want to. It didn't make sense, and it wouldn't help anyway.

At least i still have my job at the nightclub, i thought as i started to go to the door, looking only at the floor. It was no sad goodbyes or tears, since i didn't have any real friends here anyway. I opened the door, and was just about to go out, when i felt someone grab my arm. I looked at the person, and noticed it was Woohyun the cook. He smiled at me, and then noticed all the people behind him. All the workers at the cafe, looking at me, with sad smiles on their faces.

"We're you just going to leave without saying goodbye?" Woohyun asked, and i let a short grin slip out of my mouth. I shrugged, and earned a laugh from the crowd of workers. I then got hugs, one by one, from every worker. I was really overwhelmed, and didn't understand anything at all. Why did they suddenly get so affectionate? I even did saw someone who sobbed, and there were no smiles anymore.

Then it hit me. They have always been that way, and it has only been me, who has pushed them away. They have always been trying to help me, been talking to me and been interested in my life. 

I push people away. Maybe it's not the people who don't like me, but the opposite. I mean, all the workers here are really nice, and they make sure that i will go out of this café this last time, with a smile on my face.

The last hug, and also the longest, i got from Woohyun. It felt really nice, getting all these hugs, and seeing people being sad because of my leave. Well, i didn't feel good seeing people sad, but they we're sad because of me going and that is not normal. 

"Thank you all, really much. It makes me really happy.. And i will make sure to come here to visit often!" I said, and looked at every single person. "Now don't miss me, okay?" 

They all looked at me and smiled, wishing me good luck in the future. 

 

Jonghyun POV

 

I entered my house again, feeling weird, but still very nice. I had just done a great deed, helping Key. And this is the first time ever, i would use money on someone, without it helping me in any way. 

But only this time, i promised myself, and i was rather embarrased over what i had done. If anyone ever found out, it wouldn't end good. People like me do not help people like him. But who the hell made up that rule anyway? I hope that person dies all alone in an older chamber, because.. Well, i have to admit that Key is a really sweet guy. Usually i don't speak to people like him, or i would immediatly stop it.

As i looked at my empty wallet, i sighed deeply. I used quite alot of money on him, didn't i? But from now on, he will have to handle things alone. Not that he asked for my help, but whatever. I know he needed it.

Does he even suspect me, or does he just think it's a joke, or some other friend of his? Wait, does he even have other friends?

That thought just made me really depressed. Having no friends at all... Even though i'm not all that touchy-feely and close with my friends, i still have them, right? But i guess he has someone. Nobody can live without people to talk too! 

My stomach was begging for food, but i haven't found a new cook yet, and probably never will.

Isn't there anyone who could teach me how to do it, or what? Well, none of my friends, but then who can? 

Maybe i should just take some cooking lessons or something, but i really don't want to use my precious money on something like that, and i've just used so much money on Key. 

I entered they kitchen anyway, and decided that i would try to do something, that didn't include something i just put into the microwave in three minutes, and then it's ready to eat, so i decided that i would eat some noodles and kimchi, since that is quite simple to do. 

Or that's what i thought, until i found myself staying in the kitchen for hours, and when i looked up 'noodleson the internet, there was no comparison between mine and the ones on the internet. "I am for sure hopeless in the kitchen.." i mumbled under my breath, and sat down at the table, feeling really depressed.

"Now where is Sekyung when i need her?!" I said harshly, and stood up. I then sighed, and sat down once again. What do i do now, since i failed? "Well, it, then it will just be something i put in the microwave!" 

And so i did. I sat in the living room, eating my food, which probably tasted a hundred times better, than my ugly noodles. No, seriously, if you saw them, you would think the same. Really, really ugly..

When i was done i eating (and didn't clean it up of course, that's the maids' job), i had no idea what i should do. I was bored as hell, and didn't want to see Sekyung right now. Hmmm..... maybe i could, just this last time, go to the nightclub to meet Key? It's not like i have anything else to do right now, anyway.

"This last time.." i mumbled, for the 23rd time that day, as i entered the club. I had changed my clothes, and put on my best cologne, because people shouldn't see me any other way, and i knew that there we're probably gonna be a lot of people here, that i knew (because i knew everyone, or actually everyone knew me). 

As i looked around, i saw that i was right. There we're alot of people, including Changmin. I smiled, and hurried over to him, and greeted him and my other friends. 

"Hey, why haven't you told me that you we're going to the club?" I asked, with a tone of annoyance in my voice, but couldn't help but to smile a bit.

"We called you at least 4 times, but you didn't answer, so we just thought that you wanted to be home or something.." Changmin said, and raised his right eyebrow.

Oh , he's actually right. I've had my phone turned of, since yesterday, because my head was full of Key, and i needed to think alone. 

"Really?" I said, trying to seem surprised.

They all nodded. "But now you're here, so let's just forget that! Now let's go grab some drinks! I'll pay!!" Woohyun said, and started to walk over to the bar. He has always been the most generous, even though he doesn't have that much money. He only works at some café i think. Even though we're good friends, we don't really go into details about jobs and such because we all know that i am the richest anyway

As we we're at the bar-counter, i saw Key. I wanted to wave and say hi, but i couldn't because of my friends. I had to be totally cool, and the Jonghyun i always am. 

"Key, is that you?!" I heard Woohyun ask, and immediatly looked at him. Wait, do they know eachother? I then looked at Key, who didn't seem to have noticed me yet. 

"Woohyun! I wouldn't expect to see you here!" He answered, and stopped whatever he was doing.

"I didn't expect to see you either! I mean, i never thought we would meet again, because you lost your job. Now it makes sense, why you're always so tired!" He said, and tried to make a joke out of it. "Have you always been working here?"

Key nodded, and sighed. "I've been working here for a long time, actually. But now i probably have to find another job.."

Wait, so Key had two jobs, and still had an cold apartment, and no food? Poor guy.. But now i wanted his attention! 

I pushed Woohyun away, and looked right in Key's eyes. He seemed quite surprised, and looked away immediatly. I noticed his cheeks get a little more pink, even in the dark light. 

"Hi Key." I said, and smiled to him. I heard Woohyun mumble something about me, and he seemed quite annoyed, but i didn't care.

"Hi.." Key said, and looked down, biting his lip. What's wrong with him now? And why is he blushing? Isn't that like the cutest ever?

"So do you guys know eachother?" Changmin asked, obviously interested, since i only say hi to certain people. Yeah, great. What should i answer now? Keep my pride and say no, or say yes and explain everything? I do not want to explain anything, because then i also have to tell Changmin what i told Key, and that's one of the things i do not want to do. At all. I would rather die alone, because of a mushroom infection or something like that.

"Nah, not really. We just talked once, when i ordered a drink. Nothing special.." I shrugged. Changmin nodded, and didn't seem all convinced, but chose not to talk more about it now, and told Key which drink he wanted, and so did i and the others.

While we waited for the drinks, we talked about the girls in the club, and which one we liked the best, and from the corner of my eye, i could see Key's disgust. After a short while he told us that the drinks we're done, and Woohyun payed, as he said that he would do. We started to walk over to the dancefloor, but i sneaked away from the small group, and went over to Key again. I had to ask him if he knew that it was me, that gave him all the food. 

"Uhm, hi again.." I said, as i came over.

Key turned around, and looked at me. He didn't say anything, and i was grateful for the loud music, because if there wouldn't be any music, there would be an awkward silence righy now. I was about to ask him about the food, but he cut me off.

"Thank you.." he said, and i saw that it took a lot of his strength and pride to say it.

"How did you.. how did you know that it was me?" I asked, surprised over his words.

He shrugged, and smiled a bit. "I just knew.."

 

 

A new chapter for you guysComments and subscriptions would make me really happy! 

And please, do tell me if there's something i can do better, or if the story gets to boring, okay? 

See you again next time, i love you all~