Nightclub

Why Are You Making Me Feel This Way?

Key POV

The next few days went smoothly, and i was really happy, because i didn't see Jonghyun. But the food started to run out, and today i was once again with no food at all, and i will never go to Kwanghee and ask him for food, of course. And i won't even tell him that i have no food left at all. I don't want him to pity me more than he does, which already is really much. But then what do i do? 

I went to work with a heavy heart, and the day didn't go that well. I gave the wrong order to the chef, lost my pen and notepad a hundred times, and the boss was not happy. He kept on looking at me with an annoyed stare, and he could probably fire me if he wanted to, but he didn't. In the end, i guess he also feels bad. Why can't people see that i don't need their pity? It doesn't help at all, and it just makes me feel more helpless than before.

When my shift was over, and i hurried over to the nightclub, i had a bad feeling. But then again.. i always have that feeling, because i hate working at the nightclub, with all these stupid people. I changed to the other clothes, and placed my self behind the counter, which i have done for at least a thousand times. It's horrible. You should try it sometimes. People think that it's fun to stand there, because you can talk to everyone and drink as much as you like, but no. Or not me at least. I can't talk to anyone.

That just made me think about how lonely i am. I actually only have Kwanghee and Onew, but Onew's overseas, in some school, and because i don't have a phone, computer or even some papers so i can write him a letter, i don't hacve any contact with him at all. And, the only papers i have are all the unpaid bills. If my brain is right, he'll be back in some months, and i'm so excited for him to come back! I know that he can help me with Jonghyun much better than Kwanghee can. Kwanghee has been talking about Jonghyun non-stop, telling me that he likes me, and we should totally talk more and so on. 

I was in a really bad mood already, and just as i thought it couldn't become worse i saw him. What the hell is he doing in the nightclub? Okay, it's totally normal, but still. I swear he's doing this to me on purpose. 

I quickly looked the other way, while i waited for him to come over to the counter, but he didn't. Well, maybe it isn't so bad after all, if he just keeps away from me. I looked at him from the corner of my eye, and he just stood there in the middle of the dancefloor, staring at me, with a thoughtful expression. It was really annoying, and i couldn't really ignore it, even though i tried really hard. 

Luckily there came a group of people who asked for different drinks, and that kept me busy, and made me think of something else. 

When i looked at the dancefloor again (yes, i had to) he was gone. Finally, i thought to myself, and had a big smile on my face. I probably must've looked really stupid, but i didn't care.. Until i heard his voice.

"Excuse me, can i have that one i asked for a few days ago?" he asked, with his stupid and ignorant voice. 

I slowly turned around and faced him. "How long have you been sitting here?" I asked, quite annoyed. Did he see my smile, and has he just been looking at me while i worked? "And why are you here at all, with no friends or stupid girls? Have they finally realised how much of an you are?" I continued.

He seemed quite surprised over my words, but quickly covered it, and put his stupid sunglasses on. If he thought it made him look smarter and more badass, the result was the exact opposite. He looked more of an idiot that he usually does, which is really, really much.

He smirked, and shook his head. "So stubborn.." he mumbled, but i heard it clearly, and rolled my eyes, and mumbled: "Such an .."

I started to do his drink, which i remembered somehow. He was staring at me again, and it was starting to get really creepy. I looked at him, with eyes that could kill. "Can you please stop staring at me?!"

 

Jonghyun POV

I looked at him, and i was once again surprised, but didn't show it (of course not). But something with his eyes really caught me, and i didn't fight back, because i was totally absorbed with his eyes. We had eye-contact for a long while, until he decided to break it, and seem busy again. He was so annoying! Wait, he was so annoying. I didn't even know his name yet! 

I decided that when i leave this club, i know his name, so i decided to start right away, when he gave me my drink. I sipped a bit of it, and looked at him for a while. I actually didn't know anything about him. It's really weird, because usually you introduce yourself when you meet new people, but not this guy. And that just made me way more interested.

"So.. do you like working here?" I asked, in the most friendly voice i had. He seemed to be caught a bit off guard, and looked at me again. Luckily there were no costumers, so he didn't have any apology for not talking to me. He sighed, but then decided to answer me anyway. 

He shook his head. "No i don't." he answered shortly.

I furrowed my eyebrows a bit, and asked him why. I actually didn't expect him to answer, but he did after a while.

"Look, i have nobody. Nobody. And coming to the club, seeing people having fun, drinking and dancing, it makes me so sad, knowing that i will never become one of those people." he said, and now i was caught off guard. I would not expect him to tell me so much, and what he said actually broke my heart a bit (but only a tiny bit of course). And the fact that he continued didn't make it anything better. "And all those people know me, and know about my life, that probably would be better un-lived. I have no reason to stay here, in this cold and stupid world. Do you ever feel that way? Oh, wait, no you don't, because you have everthing you can ask for. Money, friends, family a girlfriend, and you're popular among everyone.. Sorry, my mistake!" He said, as he ended his long explanation. "And the club is closing now, goodbye."

I stared at him, and i couldn't believe what i just heard. The fact he told me so much, and everything that was on his mind. It somehow made me a bit happy, even though everything he said was really depressing. I forgot everything about the drink, and walked out of the club, with my head full of thoughts. I didn't get his name, but i couldn't care less right now. The only thing i thought about was the things he said to me, and about me. But what he said.. he was right in everything he said about the world. It's stupid, and i often wish that i wasn't living, too. 

I was about to enter the car, when i saw him go out of the club. Today i will drive him home, if he wants it or not! I walked over to him, og smiled. "Do you need a ride home? This time i won't drive away." I said, and laughed a bit. He was just as cold as ever though, but he nodded. "Okay." 

We got over to the car in complete silence. When we got in, i immediately the heat, because of his thin and fragile figure. When was the last time he ate something, really? I started the car, and started to drive the way to his home, if you even can call it a home. Images of it came to my mind, and i sighed. What was going on in his life? Did he sell drugs or something? No, probably not.. His personality doesn't seem that way. 

He looked out the window, and didn't make any effort to start a conversation, and the silence was kind of tense, and i couldn't bear it. I had to say something, since i was the one who asked him to come with me, and not the opposite.

"I agree with everything you said, you know.. you're right about everything. About the world, and about life. But you don't know how often i wished i wasn't here, and how often i wished i was someone else." I said, and sighed. But i didn't really understand myself, because i just told him my feelings like that. I haven't even told my close friends that. But something made me trust him. "And i would gladly be someone else." 

It was a quick drive from the nightclub and to his house, and we we're there already. I stopped the car, and nobody said anything. What, was he still really mad at me, or what? 

He opened the door, and then looked at me. "My name is Key." He said, and walked out of the car, and i saw him disappear into the long steps up to his apartment.

 

Helloooooooooo, this is me (yes of course)~

How are you doing? Well, here's a new chapter for you guys!

And thank you sososososo much for commenting and subscribing, it really makes my day!