Boxes

Why Are You Making Me Feel This Way?

 

Key POV

Beep, beep, beep, beep. I sighed deeply, and opened my eyes. Is it already 5:30 am? I sat up, and rubbed my eyes. That means a new day, with mad bosses, annoying co-workers, and unsatisfied customers. I heard my stomach growl, begging for food, and closed my eyes again. I have no idea when i’ll get something to eat, but i hope it’s soon. I’m almost dying here. I gathered all my power, and got up from the bed, and got dressed. I looked at myself in the mirror, but quickly looked away again. The sight of myself, made me want to puke. I looked terrible. I was thin, and you could see those scars on my arm, that never we’re going to heal properly, because of all those years of getting beaten up. Those days, i would do anything to forget. All of my childhood memories... anything.

I shook my head, and entered the kitchen. I opened the fridge, just to close it again. Every morning i wake up, i open it, thinking that this day, it’ll magically be food in there. Well, you never know. There are so many strange things in the world, and maybe magic is one of them.                       I tried to ignore my screaming stomach, and then walked out of the door, and took the many steps down to the first floor, and then began walking to the café. I shivered because of the cold air, and the fact it was windy, and i only had a thin leather jacket, didn’t make it any better. I began running, trying to think about something, that didn’t include cold weather, and empty stomachs, until i reached the café, which i quickly entered.
          “You’re late, Mr. Kim.” I heard a deep voice saying, behind me. I turned around, and saw my boss standing there. I felt my heartbeat getting faster, and closed my eyes. I then opened them again, and bowed. “I’m very sorry. It won’t happen again, i promise.” I hurried to the back of the café, and put on an apron, and took a pen and the small note-pad. I heard the door open, and a small group of people enter. It’s just one of those normal people, getting some breakfast, before an early meeting. They’re always nice, and sometimes someone even gives me a tip.

I walked over to them, put on my best smile, and asked about what they wanted. I scribbled down what they said, and told them, that the food would come immediatly. I sent the order forward to the cook, and looked around, waiting for new costumers, or the food, so i could give it to those people. I sniffed the glorious smell of newly baked bread, and cake. It really was stupid, working here in the morning, when i never get any breakfast. I sighed, and then heard the door open again, and once again put on my best smile, and asked about the order.

The hours at the café went smooth, but then i had to run over to the nightclub, my second job. I made it, only two minutes late, which nobody noticed. I smiled, very happy for my luck, and then quickly changed to my black shirt, and tight jeans. I had to look good, when i was working here. They didn’t care about education. If you look good, you could work here. I fixed my hair, and put eye-liner on, and then placed myself behind the counter, where i had to be, mixing drinks to horrible and drunk people, for the next hours. I hated this job, but i needed the money. Luckily i always get tips, from girls and boys trying to talk to me, and impress me. I don’t fall for any of that.

Well, talking about the sun... i saw the girl, i’ve seen almost every day here, all the months i’ve been working here. I don’t remember her name, even though she tells me it everytime. I couldn’t care less. I pretend being busy, when she comes over, and start talking to a random person. She’s just the most annoying thing on the whole planet, i swear. I then feel a hand running down my arm, and turn my head around, and see right in her brown eyes. I sigh, and push her hand of me. “What do you want?” i ask annoyed. She just begins leaning over the table, trying to show me that cleavage of hers, and smiles seductively. I just roll my eyes, and begin to mix her that drink, she always buys. I then give it to her, and she thanks me, still with that stupid smile on her lips. Thank god, my shift is almost over. I have a really bad headache, because of that loud music now.

When my shift is over, which felt like hours, with the girl staring at me, and every move i made, i walked out of the club, and for once i enjoyed the cold air. I looked at my watch, and decided to hurry over to Kwanghee, which i’m really sure was at home, probably with his new boyfriend. But i just had to see someone. It was just 5 minutes away from here anyway.       

When i came over to his house, it seemed very dark and empty. I looked inside the window, but there was nobody there. I guess he wasn’t here anyway. I decided to go home again, but then i fell over something. I cursed loudly, and looked around. Then i saw a box, with lots of food and things in it. There was a little note on the top, and i curiously read it. “Key, this is for you. I’m out with someone right now.I knew that you would come over to my house, to get something to eat, so just take this. I don’t need it anyway, since i’m on a strong diet – Your favorite person, Kwanghee.”

I couldn’t help but to laugh a bit. He was so caring and sweet. I really hated when he gave me things, but i just have to accept this, if i don’t want to starve to death. I took the box, but immediatly put it down again. Damn.. this was really heavy. But i need it, and i don’t have a car, or money for a cab, so the only thing i can do is just to walk home with it.

 

Jonghyun POV

I felt the phone vibrate in my pocket, and looked at the screen. Sekyung. I took the phone up to my ear. “Yeoboseyo?” I sighed, and answered.

“Oppaaaa! Please come home. I’m inside house right now, and i’m so alone.. Why aren’t you here? I’m waiting.” I heard her sweet voice, begging seductively. I smirked, and immediatly stood up. That only meant one thing..

“I’m on my way, baby. Just wait.. I’ll be there in a short while.” I put the phone back in my pocket, took my jacket, and looked at Changmin. “I’m sorry, but i’ve gotta go. Sekyung’s waiting for me, and i know what she wants, and i’m gonna go make sure that she’ll get it!” Changmin just grinned, and nodded. He understood me too well. I’m really happy about having him as my best friend. He understands everything, and i can just be stupid and say things i don’t mean, but he’ll forgive me right away.

Aish, Jonghyun! What the hell are you thinking? Why do you suddenly get so emotional? I  and then smiled to him. “I’ll see you later.. And sorry that i wasn’t here that long.” I walked out of his house, and put my jacket on. I cursed at myself, for only bringing my leather jacket, when i had no car, and put my sunglasses on, even though it was dark outside, and the only light that came, we’re from the windows of the houses across the street. Looks like i’ll have to walk all the way home, then. It’s almost 20 minutes! But when i’m thinking about what i’m gonna do when i get home, i don’t care at all.

I was in my own world, thinking about random things, and didn’t notice another young male, right in front of me, holding a big box, that seemed very heavy. Well, not until i walked right in to the person. He lost the box, and i just rolled my eyes, and kept on walking. Not my problem..

“YAH!! What the hell do you think you’re doing?!” I heard the other person shout. Wait.. did that person just curse at me? I turned around, and looked at him.

“Excuse me?” I said, with the most y voice i had.

“I said, what the hell do you think you’re doing?! Do you maybe think that you’re so much better than the rest of us, because you can wear those expensive sunglasses, and you’re so goddamn proud of them, that you even have to wear them in the middle of the night?!” He said, looking at me, with eyes that could kill. I looked at him properly. He was very thin, and i could see him shiver, under the thin jacket he had on.

“What the hell? Well, yes.. just because you don’t have any money, then i can’t use mine, because for some reason, i actually have quite a few! Now, if you will excuse me, i’ve got to go home to my girlfriend, that’s waiting for me, while you can go home to your family and cry. ” I said, and turned around. I started walking again, and rolled my eyes. Who was this idiot? I was waiting for him to shout some more, but it never came. I turned around again, and looked at him. He stood completely still, staring down at the ground. He then started to gather all his things, completely silent, and then took the box up again. He was just about to lose it once more, but something made me run over to him, and i catched it, just before it hit the ground, like it did before. I felt our fingertips touch just as slightly, and he immediatly took his hand away from mine. I looked at him, but he just looked away. “Thank you.” He said. I smiled a bit, and shook my head. Wait... did i just smile, for no special reason?

“Do you want me to take this for you? I’m not in a hurry anyway. Where do you live?” I asked. There was just something about him, that made me want to help, but i don’t know what it was. Sekyung could wait..

“I live about 10 minutes away from here.” He said in a voice, i almost couldn’t hear. “But it’s okay. I can do it myself.. You don’t have to.” He continued, and then looked at me. I couldn’t really see him, and took my sunglasses of. I looked into his eyes, and he into mine. I quickly broke the eye-contact, and looked away.

“No, it’s fine. I’ll take it. Just tell me the way.” I smiled, and got a better grip on the box. It wasn’t that heavy actually, but the boys was so thin, and helpless, and i guess that was the reason he couldn’t lift it.

He nodded, and smiled a bit. He then slowly started walking, and i followed. Nobody said anything, and it was a bit awkward, until i decided to break the silence.

“So.. what are you even doing outside, in the middle of the night?” I asked curiously. I really was, and what i was most curious about, was what was in this box, and why he only had that thin jacket, and pants full off holes, and it didn’t look like they we’re made on purpose.

“I work at a nightclub.” He answered simply, and looked forward. “Why do you ask?”

I looked at him suspiciously, and then looked forward, and shrugged. “I don’t know. I was just curious..” I said, and looked around. Where are we? Oh wait, that was that restaurant me and Sekyung we’re at yesterday.. “Have you ever been at that restaurant? They make really good food,” I said.

He shook his head. “No i haven’t.” Once again, he didn’t say anything else. What’s wrong with this guy? Damn, i’m trying real hard to have a conversation here!

“Look, if i annoy you, and should stop talking, just say it.” I said, and looked at him. “I don’t care. I’m so used to it anyway.”

He looked at me, and sighed. He then shook his head, and smiled a bit. “I’m just not that much of a talking person, that’s all..” Then he stopped. “Well, we’re here.. unless you want to go up all the stairs, to the seventh floor, which i guess you don’t. I can take it now.” He reached his arms out, but i refused to give it to him.

“No, let me take it. We’re almost there anyway, so let’s go.” I said, and he just nodded, and we walked in, and started to take all the stairs. Okay, i’m not gonna lie. It was very tiring. But i still kept my cool, and nobody would see that i actually was dying. We then stopped outside, what i guess is his apartment. He opened the door, and i looked at him. I was waiting for him, telling me to come inside, to get something, because i helped him, but no. He just looked at me, waiting for me to say something.

“Uhm.. can i.. can i get a glass of water?” I asked. He looked at me in a while, and then nodded. “Wait here..”He said, but didn’t seem to happy about it though. Was this guy just really depressed, or something?

I waited, but i was way too curious, so i entered the apartment, and i couldn’t help to make a strange sound, when i saw the apartment from the inside. There was almost no furniture, and it was freezing inside. Does he live here, or is this a joke? I looked around, and then entered the kitchen, where he stood, looking for something.

“It’s okay. I’m not thirsty anyway.. But i’ve gotta go now. It was nice meeting you.” I said, and smiled. I tried to sound as normal as possible, but i failed a bit. I didn’t let him answer, and almost ran out of the apartment.

I took a cab over to my house, knowing that Sekyung now is very pissed off, because she’s been waiting for me so long. When i entered the house, one thing hit me. I didn’t get his name.

 

 

 

Hi there! wow, looks like i already updated today, lol. well, enjoy the chapter, and i will update soon~