Mission Accomplished

Dream Protector or My Protector? (HIATUS)

G.NA - Let me Kiss Yoump3

Kwangmin didn’t want the others to know about this, but Youngmin thought that telling the others would be better. I wanted to go with Kwangmin’s idea but Youngmin insisted and he told the others. What was the point of telling them when they already knew? I knew it was just an action so Kwangmin wouldn’t be suspicious but I felt pity for him.

After Youngmin left for the others, I stayed with Kwangmin. I wanted to make sure he was fine, or at least felt better.

“Chin up, Kwangmin. Everyone’s helping you. You don’t have to worry about it too much.” I tried to sound cheerful and patted his back while we were on our way to the studio to practice for our performance. “I know. It’s just…I don’t like it when my plan got ditched and everyone thinks their plans are better than mine. For once, can’t they just listen to me and let me make my own decision?” He replied without looking at me. Instead, he looked up to the sky and heaved an exasperated sigh.

I couldn’t help but curled my fingers into fists. I wanted to punch something and let my knuckles bleed but thought about it for a moment and realized it was silly. I didn’t realize that I actually stopped walking and was staring at the ground intensely.

“Soojin? Are you okay?” I turned away and stopped immediately as I realized that Kwangmin was so close to me that if I moved one more step I would’ve lost my first kiss. “Excuse me.” I stepped back and felt myself blushed. “Kwangmin ah, we should ditch Youngmin’s plan and go to ASTAR right now. Youngmin’s not here, he wouldn’t know. And by the time they all realize we aren’t going to practice with them, it would be too late for them to stop us.” By the time I realized what I just said, it was too late. I saw sparkles in his eyes. His mouth twitched and formed a half smile. “You go girl.”

When we arrived in front ASTAR, I was still aware of how my ex schoolmates would think of me with Kwangmin linking his arm around mine. And then, a girl was stomping toward us. I recognized her immediately. It was Nayoon. She looked all pissed and upset. And suddenly, I linked Kwangmin closer to me and smiled cheerfully. “Do your job properly; I will assist you if you need any of my help.” I whispered to Kwangmin and smiled to him. And in returned, he smiled; a real smile.

He waved to Nayoon and smiled gratefully. Who would’ve thought that Kwangmin also had an evil mind?

As Nayoon approached to us, she glared at me and folded her arms on her chest. “What are you doing flirting with Kwangmin oppa?” she accuse me without a second thought once she stopped in front of us.

“Don’t accuse my girlfriend for something she didn’t do. I chased her, and now she’s mine. I’m sorry Nayoon, I really don’t have feelings for you. I thought you wouldn’t believe me if I told you I had a girlfriend, so I brought her with me today.” Kwangmin said without hesitation and looked at me, more gratefully.

“I still don’t believe you.” Nayoon snapped and was gritting her teeth. “Fine.” I heard kwangmin replied and I turned to look at him. That moment, our lips met. My eyes widened in shock. This wasn’t part of our plan. How could he? That was my first kiss and he took it just like that.

After a moment or so, Kwangmin slightly jerked back his head and turned to Nayoon again. “Do you believe me know?”

Nayoon looked at us in disbelief. Her eyes were b with tears. Then out of a sudden, she slapped Kwangmin and ran away.

“Kwangmin…are you ok?” I asked and looked at him with concern. But his reaction was so unexpected. Instead of saying he was sorry for what he did or he shouldn’t be so rude to Nayoon, he hugged me. Lifting me in the air while hugging me and laughed.

“SHE HATES ME! I DID IT! THANK YOU SOOJIN AH! YOU DON’T KNOW HOW GRATEFUL I AM RIGHT NOW! THANK YOU SOOJIN! I LOVE YOU!”

He stopped shouting once he said the words ‘I love you’ and let me go. “I mean, I love you as a friend. That’s all.” He was blushing and didn’t dare to look at me. I momentarily forgot about my first kiss, about Nayoon who ran away with tears wetting her face. Everything was too sudden.

“About the kiss, I was planning on kissing your cheek but you turned and…” he stopped and his face was scarlet. “Let’s forget about it and head back to the studio.” I decided to change the topic at the end.

Kwangmin and I walked to the studio in silence. It wasn’t uncomfortable though, it was like you solved a problem with your partner and felt exhausted, happy, but not talking. It was like we were enjoying the glory moment in silence.

When we arrived at the studio, Youngmin was waiting outside the studio and had his arms folded. “Where were you?” It was a question for me, I knew because he was looking directly at me. “Dad called.” I lied. “I asked Sir Micky, he said he hadn’t seen you since the last lesson.” Damn.

I was about to tell him the truth when Kwangmin suddenly stepped out and held my arm protectively. He turned to look at me, “It’s my problem. I will explain.”

He approached Youngmin and explained everything to him. While he was explaining, Donghyun was actually glaring at me. I rolled my eyes and turned away and immediately caught Jeongmin looking at me with his small eyes and he winked at me. I stared at him emotionless and approached to him for some reason.

“Way to go.” He simply said as I sat down next to him on the couch. I didn’t know what to say so I kept quiet. “Hyung told me what happened. I disagree with them. I really thought you had given in to them.” He continued nonetheless. “I did. But then I changed my mind. There’s something about Kwangmin that tells me he’s more than a shy kid who needs help.” And I ruined everything. I knew because I saw the surprised look on his face when I finished telling him my thought.

“I thought I was the only one who noticed that. I guess I’m not alone.” He added after a few moments. So he noticed too. Even Jeongmin noticed. How could Kwangmin’s own twin brother not noticed? It just didn’t make any sense.

Finally, Kwangmin finished explaining to Youngmin and Youngmin was literally keeping a straight face when I looked at him, with a bit of guilt.

Minwoo came out from one of the doors in the studio and stared at us with one of his eyebrows raised. “Anything happened?”

We all turned to look at each other for a second and shook our heads.

“Good, I’m done in composing all the dance moves. Let’s get going.”