English Teacher

Dream Protector or My Protector? (HIATUS)

 

 
I opened  my eyes and there I was, lying on the ground, staring at the beautiful blue sky. I heard the water splashing around me, but I wasn't not soaked wet, I got up and looked around, and then I realized there was a waterfall, and I was in the same place again. Was it real this time?
 
I helped myself up and straightened my shirt and patted the dirts away from my skirt. And then I noticed something, I was wearing a pink blouse, the blouse I lost a few years ago when I moved to the house I was living right now with Dad. 
 
The Pikachu pin that I pinned on the blouse was still there. I was delighted that I jumped around and fell on the floor accidently with a loud thud. I guess I was too excited that I didn't realize someone was watching me. 
 
I blushed at the thought that I showed my childish side in front of him and hid my face in my palms. And yes, it was a him
 
He then approached to me and lent me a hand.
 
"Thanks." I thanked him and used his help to get up.
 
"You really love this blouse huh?"
 
"Yeah, Dad bought this for me on my 12th birthday." I replied and looked up to him, and then, a headache struck at me immediately.
 
"You...I know you!"
 
"PARK SOOJIN! IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO WAKE UP THEN I WILL CALL KYUNG TO BRING YOU TO SCHOOL!"
 
I heard Dad shouted and jerked awake immediately.
 
"A dream again? And that boy, he looked familiar." I mumbled and got out of my bed.
 
I went downstairs after I've prepared everything for school and saw Dad sitting on the sofa with the television on. 
 
"Hmm ~ There'll be celebrities in your school I think." Dad said suddenly and tapped his chin.
 
I ignored him and went to the kitchen and ate my breakfast quietly. 
 
"aSince I'm going to your school later, I'll be sending you to school today, you don' have to ride the bus." Dad came in suddenly and filled a cup with the coffee he brewed.
 
Suddenly, I remembered Jeongmin riding the same bus as me, I had the urge to see him that morning, I didn't even know why.
 
"But I have to meet Jeongmin, Dad. You can go to school yourself, I will ride the bus." I added and quickly took my bag and ran off before Dad could stop me.
 
"JEONGMIN IS YOUR CLASSMATE ISN'T IT?" I heard Dad shouted but I didn't look back, afraid that I couldn't decline his offer.
 
I ran to the bus stop with full speed. When I arrived, I was the only one at there. Was I late? I thought to myself and looked at my watch. 
 
"6:30 in the morning?! Too early I guess..." I mumbled and sat down on the bench and waited for the bus patiently.
 
As the time passed quickly, the bus stop was crowded with students from the neighbouring schools. Finally, the bus arrived, but Jeongmin hasn't. Everyone got up the bus, except for me. 
 
"Are you riding the bus today?" The bus driver asked patiently. 
 
"Maybe Jeongmin's sick, that's why he's not coming." I mumbled and frowned a little. After a second or two, I nodded to the driver and got in the bus. Then the bus started to move.
 
I got in the bus too late, the front seats were the only seats left, and I had no choice but to sat there.
 
"UNCLE! WAIT! WAIT! I NEED TO GET IN!" I heard a boy shouted and I immediately turned to look at the window beside me and I saw Jeongmin chasing the bus. The driver stopped the bus and let Jeongmin in eventually.
 
Jeongmin then approached to me with heavy breathes and sat beside me, "I'm sorry, I woke up late." he apologised and smiled shyly.
 
"Why did you apologize to me? I don't mind really. But I was really worried that I couldn't meet you today." I replied and smiled to him and immediately covered my mouth after I realised what I just said. 
 
"Oh really?" Jeongmin asked in an annoying tone and smirked. How I wished I could slap him at that moment.
 
He kept bugging me about yesterday's revision and asked me to teach him more. I just nodded and faked a bazillion smiles to him.
 
After some time, we arrived at school and I got off the bus with Jeongmin.
 
"Let's go to our classroom together!" Jeongmin cheered and linked his arm with mine. I couldn't help but laughed at his cheerfulness and childishness. We even skipped all the way to our class.
 
"Oh! Soojin ah! Your father waits for you at the Principal's office." Hyuk, one of my classmates told me as soon as I arrived at class. I pulled away from Jeongmin (in a friendly way) and put my bag down and headed to the office immediately.
 
"I will wait for you ~" Jeongmin said that in a singsong way. I shook my head upon hearing that.
 
I walked to the office with my heart thumping hard. My leg shook as I walked, Dad never went to ASTAR before, not even when I forgot to hand in my homework on time, but why did he came suddenly, especially it was my new school? I couldn't believe I actually ignored him and came to school on my own.
 
I knocked on the office's door and entered with a bow. 
 
"Ah ~ Soojin ah, you arrived. Come and sit beside your father, we have got important business to discuss with you." the principal smiled to me and pointed to seat beside Dad.
 
Dad gave me an evil smile and nodded to me. I had a bad feeling for that. Nevertheless, I did what the principal told me and sat beside Dad.
 
"You father's going to be your homeroom teacher starting from today. Your father grew up in America so he is fluent in English, and therefore it is our honour to have your father as one of our teachers." The principal continued as soon as I set my buttocks on the chair. 
 
Dad? My teacher? Seriously?
 
I had my jaw dropped and turned to look at my Dad, and there he was, smiling satisfyingly and gave me a wink. If he wasn't my father, I would have slapped him for at least 5 times for each cheek.
 
"Since you're not giving any comment, then I will assume that you have no problem with this. Then that's all, you can go back to your class with your father now. Oh! And I'm anticipating for your performance." the principal added and smiled to me. I faked a smile and went out of the office after that.
 
"Dad! What in heaven just happened? Why didn't you tell me earlier?!" I demanded as soon ad Dad and I were out of the office. "I wanted to tell you earlier but you just ran off. How am I suppose to let you know?" 
 
"You should tell me earlier!"
 
"I wanted to give you a surprise."
 
"I hate you."
 
"I love you too."
 
Sigh ~ no wonder no one believes that he's my father, he was so childish in a way!
 
We went to the classroom together and I didn't even bother to greet Youngmin when I sat on my seat.
 Everyone noticed the 'new face' and started to whisper causing the kind of noise that only snake could make.
 
"Uncle! What are you doing at here?" Jeongmin asked as he recognized Dad. 
 
"Oh ~ Jeongmin ah! I will be your homeroom teacher starting from today." Dad replied and smiled to him. And obviously, Jeongmin liked what was happening. 
 
"Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Park Yoochun. You could address me as 'Sir' or 'Micky', I'm fine with either one. I like it more when my students treat me as their friend instead of their teacher. And yes, I will be your homeroom teacher, for this whole year. Last but not least, I will be teaching English language." 
 
Dad introduced himself and bowed to everyone. "Oh! In case you haven't know, Soojin is my daughter." Dad added and winked at me. 
 
God! I felt like burying myself so I wouldn't have to face all those strange looks from my classmates.
 
"Soojin! Is he really your father? Awesome!" Youngmin cheered and gave me a side hug. I turned to look at Kwangmin and he was smiling at me and gave me a thumb up. I guess only God knew how embarrassed I was.
 
"For the first two period of the day, will be free periods. What do you guys want to do today? Why don't you all introduce yourself to me?" Dad asked and smiled cheerful than ever.
 
And then everyone agreed and introduced themselves.
 
After all those introducing and stuffs, Dad let us do our own things and told us our proper lesson will start from tomorrow.'
 
The bell rung and told us it was recess time. I immediately went out without looking at Dad. And then I remembered; Kwangmin.
 
I went back to the class and hushed Dad out of the class. "Dad! Please! Just for today!" 
 
"Ok fine, just for today ok?" Dad replied and ruffled my hair. 
 
I. HATE. HIM.
 
"So ~ you remember to wait for me." Kwangmin said suddenly when everyone was out of the class.
 
"Yeah ~ just remembered."I replied and smiled.
 
"Actually...I need help."
 
A/N: What help? What help? Ooo ~ Are you curious? HAHA!
 
Don't forget to upvote this story if you like it ^^