The Dream Fortune Teller

Dream Protector or My Protector? (HIATUS)

Lyn (린) - 유리 심장 (Breakable Heart) (Feat. Junhyung of B2ST).mp3

“Jeongmin ah!” I called and chased after him. He stopped and looked back at me. “Soojin?”

“I – I have something to ask you.” I said after I stopped beside him and allowed myself to catch a breath by resting my hands on my knees. “Yeah?”

I stood up straight and finally got to breath properly. “Did…did you have any weird dreams yesterday night?” I slowly went from panting to breathing normally.

“What?” He asked and scratched the back of his neck while smiling at me.

“I mean, did you dream of anything unusual?” I repeated my question again.

“Dreams are usually unusual isn’t it?” he replied and smiled awkwardly.

Damn! I cursed mentally and thought of something else. “Well, are you having the same dream again and again nowadays?”

“I’m not sure if I should tell you.” He answered and gave me a naughty smirk. I really wanted to smack him on his head but I couldn’t, if I did he would be sure to distance himself away from me. “Never mind, I was just asking anyway.” I smiled and continued walking him back his home.

When we arrived at his house, he told me something that I never expected it from him.

“I’m having dreams about the same girl over and over again, but every time I try to ask who she is, a boy would come and he would drag her away. That girl would always turn to look back at me and then, the next moment, I would wake up soaked by my sweats.” He said before he entered his house. “I’m only telling you these because you seem eager to know about my dreams. Well, I thought maybe you are having the same situation as I do. Good night Soojin. Be careful. I really don’t understand why a girl like you would want to send her classmate home at this time. Bye.” He smiled and entered his house.

There were more questions in my mind but he went in already. I thought maybe I could ask him tomorrow. I turned back around and decided to have an ice cream to release my stress but then, there he was, standing in the back alley, folding his arms, giving me the ‘I’ve-been-waiting-for-you’ face.

“What in the world are you doing at here?”

Sungjae unfolded his arms and walked toward me. “We are cousins, lass. I know you. Do you really think I wouldn’t notice when something’s bothering you or when you are willing to send a boy home at this time?”

“I can never hide anything from you, can I?” I asked and heaved a sigh.

“Nope, so better tell me the truth. Come on, I will treat you some ice cream.” He held out his hand and I took it swiftly. “You’ve got to admit, other than your father, I treat you the best.”

Wrong, I wanted to say. Yongguk treated me just like how he did. But I didn’t want to turn everything awkward, so I just smiled and we walked to the nearest ice cream stall together.

“No one’s here, there’s no camera; I have turned off my phone. So, tell me!” Sungjae begged excitedly after we got our ice creams.

I took a bite on my waffles and dragged him to the outside of the stall.

“So, this is what has been bothering me.”

And so, I told him everything. The dreams; the guy; the familiar feelings; and I have a hunch I’ve already met that person. But then again, I wasn’t sure.

“You thought of asking Jeongmin? Why?” Sungjae asked while enjoying his ice cream.

“I don’t know, besides, he gave me an answer that was…kind of surprising. He said he was having the same dream over and over again, just like me. But in his dreams, he meets a girl, but at the end of those dreams, a boy would come and drag her away. The girl didn’t stop the boy from dragging her but merely turns to look back at him. Weird, don’t you think?” I explained and finished off the last bit of my ice cream.

“I sense something! I think that guy in your dream must be your dream protector!” He jumped, causing his ice cream to drop on the floor. Normally, he would start to pout and beg for me to buy him another ice cream, even if it was his treat, but this time, he didn’t. He started to drag me to another place.

“Come with me! I know just the right place for you to know the answer!” he said excitedly while dragging me to the place where he parked his bicycle.

“It’s 1o in the evening and Dad wouldn’t be happy if I’m still going out at this time.” I pulled off my hand and stared at the direction of my house, wondering if Dad was already pacing the floor with anxiety.

“Don’t worry! I will explain to him. Besides, that place doesn’t open for service during day time. Come on!” he urged me to sit at the back of his bike and hopped on to it rather actively. As he set off to the destination that he was telling me, I pulled the back of his shirt with my left hand and I used my another hand to send a message to Dad, telling him I’m going out with Sungjae for a while and hope that he wouldn’t mind.

After some time, Sungjae stopped at an alley. There was a small tent at there too. I didn’t really remember the other details because I dozed off while he was cycling.

“Wake up Soojin, we are here!” he nudged me. I rubbed my eyes and lifted my head up to look at the surroundings. It was really dark and I fished out my phone and stared at my phone, it was only 10:10PM. “Ok, I’m awake.” I said and hopped off the bike.

Sungjae just parked his bike in the middle of the road and he started to drag me again. And this time, he dragged me to the tent.

“PENIEL! IT'S ME!” he shouted and entered the tent while dragging me.

“Ow ~ Man! You found some interesting customer?” the guy sitting inside the tent answered and stared at me curiously. “Nope, not a customer, she’s my cousin.” Sungjae answered and sat down. I sat down together with him and nodded to the guy awkwardly.

“Interesting ~” the guy sat closer to me and examined me with his small eyes.

“You there girl, are you having unusual dreams nowadays?” he asked as he sat back and changed his curious look into an amusing one.

I gulped at his question and nodded nervously. What was he? Was he some kind of fortune teller or warlock or something to do with supernatural?

“I can’t say I know much my dear, but listen to me carefully, for I shall tell you about things you should be cautious of and things that you are not prepared for. This person you are dreaming of is someone that you will rely on whenever bad things happen. And soon, you will lose one of the most important people in your life, from then you should always depend on him and you will have the urge to make him yours. But be careful, because you might think you have chosen the right person, but there’s a possibility you will make a mistake about it.” The guy named Peniel just blurted everything out and I just sat there and stared him with my jaw dropped.

“Got it! Let’s go Soojin, uncle must be waiting for you already.” Sungjae said suddenly and started to drag me out of the tent before I could even ask some important questions.

“Who is he anyway? How did he know so much about my dreams? I mean seriously? Is he a fortune teller or what?” I asked, feeling angry for some reason.

“I can’t really say. He himself doesn’t know either.” Sungjae replied and hopped on to his bicycle.

I stood there and stared into space. I will lose one of the most important people in my life? Who? I thought and frowned at it.

Sungjae sniffled and folded his arms. “Are you coming or not?”

I woke up from my thoughts and sat at the backseat of his bike. “I hope what your friend just said will not come true.”

Sungjae just shrugged and continued on cycling. “I’m not trying to be mean but most of the times, he’s predictions are right.”

I remained silent and enjoyed the ride by dozing off. There was nothing I can do and I knew Sungjae would never lie to me.

I wasn’t really sleeping, I wasn’t really tired, I was just worried. Who was that person that I will lose soon? Who was that person that I would depend on? Would I really mistake someone else as the person that I would soon depend on? I don’t know.

After a while, Sungjae nudged me and told me we’ve arrived at home. After I got off his bike, he parked the bike in Dad’s garden.

“Aren’t you going back home? Wouldn’t your mom be worry about you?” I asked without actually worry about him.

“It’s late and I don’t feel like going to school tomorrow, so I will stay overnight at your house. Surely there’s a guest room in your house, no?” Sungjae replied and stretched his arms and waist. “Besides, I’m tired with all those riding.”

“Yeah well, there is a guest room. I’m tired too, if Dad asks for reason why are we that late, you will do the explaining part.” I added and entered my house without knocking. As usual, Dad wouldn’t lock the door as long as I wasn’t inside the house.

“Where have you been?” Dad asked worriedly as soon as I entered but I ignored him and advanced to my room. Before I closed the door of my room, I heard Sungjae explained everything to Dad, only then. I closed the door and changed into my pyjama and decided to sleep without even taking a bath.

 

A/N : I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING MY DEAR READERS! I WAS BUSY FOR MY MID YEAR EXAM AND INTERNET HAS BEEN PLAYING GAMES WITH ME THUS MAKING ME LATE FOR ALL OF MY STORIES! I'M REALLY SORRY >.< Don't forget to comment ok? T.T

tumblr_mmug0pQTS71rtre1yo5_500.jpg

tumblr_mmug0pQTS71rtre1yo2_500.jpg

tumblr_mmugfificX1rtre1yo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mmtvyhM0vF1rqd5g9o1_250.gif tumblr_mmtvyhM0vF1rqd5g9o1_250.gif

tumblr_mmtvyhM0vF1rqd5g9o2_250.gif tumblr_mmtvyhM0vF1rqd5g9o4_250.gif

 

P.S all pictures credit to the owners