The Same Dream.

Dream Protector or My Protector? (HIATUS)

The next day, Sungjae woke me up when I refused to get up from my bed. "Ya! Lazy ! Get up now!" As usual, he used my pillow to slap me until I gave in. 

"All right all right! I'm awake now so get out of my room!" I got up and pushed him out of my room.

"You better don't get back to your bed now Park Soojin or I'll pour you hot water!" he shouted and kicked the door. He could be violent under some circumstances. I sighed and went to wash my face and changed into my uniform. 

When I finally went down to have my breakfast, Sungjae was already gone. 

"Dad, where's that idiot?" I asked and munched on the tuna sandwich Dad prepared. 

"Be polite Soojin, don't use that kind of language. Sungjae's mom called a while ago and she was nagging at how irresponsible Sungjae was. And Sungjae mentioned my name and she scolded us both." Dad answered and shook his head in dismay. "Hurry up, we're almost late."

---

Dad told me to drink a lot of water just before we arrived at school and we parted ways after that. I headed straight to my class and just as expected, Youngmin was already there at his seat, waving at me enthusiatically. 
 
As much as I wanted to chat with him and apologize to him, I couldn't. I slumped into my seat and slept immediately. 
 
"A nerd who sleeps in class?" I heard Youngmin mocked and he nudged me after that. "Are you okay? Should I call Micky?"
 
I immediately straightened up and glared at him. "Don't," I paused and leaned closer to him, "tell Dad about this." I finished my sentence and cracked my knuckle.
 
Youngmin shrugged and  went outside the class after that. After a few moments, he was back. At least I thought so. I straightened up again and was about to tell him not to disturb me but stopped when I realised it was Kwangmin and he was looking at me worriedly.
 
My eyes widened in shock and I stared at him blankly. "Yes?"
 
"I want to talk to you." he replied and pouted slightly. 
 
"Ok. Shoot."
 
"I had a dream yesterday." he continued and turned to face the front. " A dream about a girl."
 
Not Kwangmin too? I thought.
 
He turned to stare at me for a second and decided to continue his story. "I saw her talking with another guy, and in the dream, I felt like she belonged to me. So, I approached them and dragged her away from the guy."
 
My widened again for the second time of the day. 
 
"Seriously? Did the girl turn to look at the guy when you dragged her away?" I asked and swallowed hard.
 
"Yes she did...wait! How did you know?" Kwangmin asked and eyed me suspiciously.
 
"Well...I uh...I was just guessing. You know, dreams are always like that." I lied.
 
"Huh? You sound like you're having weird dreams too." he replied and stared at me with eyes full of curiosity.
 
"Everyone does experience weird dreams Kwangmin ah, dreams are always weird. Unusual, making no sense at all. And yet, somehow, they make sense to you in a way that the others couldn't understand." I answered unintentionally, I didn't know he was so curious of my dreams to the extend that he actually pulled his chair closer to mine and  leaned so close to me that I could even feel his body temperature. "Tell me about your dreams too."
 
I stared back at him and flushed immediately. We were so close, so close we could have kissed. I blinked and turned away. "Maybe next time."
 
Kwangmin leaned closer again and was about to ask me to tell him about my dreams but was interrupted when Dad came in suddenly. 
 
"Good morning class." 
 
"Good morning Sir!"
 
"All right sit down, I'm going to check the attendance now." Dad ordered and sat down at his seat.
 
"Han Sanghyuk."
 
"Here!"
 
"Lee Jeongmin."
 
"..."
 
"Lee Jeongmin?" 
 
"OH MY GOD I'M SORRY SIR I'M LATE! HERE THIS IS MY LATE SLIP!" Jeongmin banged the door of our classroom suddenly and bowed to Dad. "I'm really sorry sir." he apologised and bowed again.
 
"It's ok Jeongmin ah, have your seat now." Dad replied and patted his back. Jeongmin bowed again and went to his seat. He turned to look at me and flashed me a smile. I smiled back at him, feeling butterflies in my stomach.
 
"Jo Youngmin."
 
"..."
 
Dad frowned and stared at Youngmin's seat, which was beside me. "Youngmin ah, why didn't you raise your hand or let me know you're here?" he then stared at me, and a smile lit up his face. "I see, trying to date my daughter huh?" 
 
"Sir, I'm Kwangmin." Kwangmin replied with a straight face and we both couldn't help but snickered silently. 
 
"Oh! My bad, oh, then, where's your brother?" Dad inquired and squinted. Kwangmin and I turned to each and turned back to Dad again. We merely shrugged and said unison; "I don't know."
 
"Oh well. Jo Kwangmin. Oh right you're there. No Minwoo."
 
"Here!"
 
After Dad finished checking the attendance, only then, Youngmin came back. "Sorry sir, I was in the toilet." he merely excused himself and walked to his seat. "Get out of my seat Kwangmin." Youngmin ordered and actually glared at Kwangmin. "Y-yes hyung." Kwangmin replied and went back to his seat. 
 
At this moment, an announcement was made. "Attention to all junior classes. Please proceed to the Multi-Purpose Hall right now. I repeat, to all junior classes, please proceed to the Multi-Purpose Hall right now. Thank you."
 
"Damn it!"