TWO

MY FCKED UP MARRIAGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 2

_________________________________________________________

 

(J)

The luxurious hotel with the grand ball were filled with elite people, some of them that I recognized were from families who gain highest respects. Jiyong usually see them on magazines and now they are in flesh. Feeling a little out of place, he absentmindedly fixed his tie and just trailed Dara whenever she goes. He vaguely understood what he was really doing in that time.

All throughout, Jiyong was lip tight and did not say anything while Dara did all the talking. A sudden grip on his arm slightly shocked him. It was a guy in black suit. He was ordered to go to the grand table where her grandfather was sitting. He excused himself for the moment with the rich bastards Dara was talking to.

He was sweating cold as he approached the old man. It seemed like he’s gonna be eaten alive.

“Jiyong right?” the old asked with husky voice as he waved his hand up and down. “Sit, sit. I’ll just tell you something.”

“W-what is it Mr. Park?” Jiyong stuttered in nervousness.

“Grandpa, just call me grandpa. Look at her. Dara is a sweet girl though she is tough and brave. She has this big pride and stand on what she believes in. But she’s kind and thoughtful. I never thought my baby will be marrying.” Clouds started to form in his eyes while he still held his emotion intact. “I told her to marry anyone she loves as soon as possible. I don’t care anymore with the social status or the family background of his groom. Sorry if your relationship was rushed for this big marriage. She never talked about you, though. But I can see that you are a good man. I just don’t like your bright hair.” He grinned.

“S-sorry, I will color it black or brown if you wish.”

“Oh, I was just saying my opinion but you can stay like that if you want to. If she loved you with who you are, who am I to change you? But promise me one thing.”

“Yes grandpa?”

“Please take good care of her. Next month or next day, we’ll never know, I might be gone or something. Go ahead, go to her.” His genuine smile made Jiyong felt lighter and better.

It was the second time the old man said the same thing at Jiyong. One was during the ceremony and that made Jiyong think of something about the man. Does he have Alzheimer?

 

~

 

The night made its way to consume the whole city while the fleeting lights stayed in her eyes. They were standing by the floor to ceiling glass mirror. Guests were already gone but her immediate family was left. Jiyong smiled and moved close to her, “I talked to your grandfather. He said I should take care of you. You seemed to be his princess, but now you are my queen.”

“What the are you saying? You know, just shut up. And please stay away from my personal space, you should stand a meter away from me starting now--”

“Noona, Daesung and I will be going. Jiyong, goodbye. You two enjoy the night.” The blonde girl which Jiyong forgotten her name made a quick hug with him as well as this guy named Daesung.

She’s pretty.

Jiyong smirked in the thought and waved as they fade away.

Unknowingly, Bom was dragging his arms and Dara together. “You two should act like a couple. Aish! People might notice your awkwardness.”

Jiyong ended up holding her waist as Dara’s personal space was being barged by a stranger who he just met. She was just annoyed but she suddenly froze when her grandfather approached her.

“Dara, I asked secretary Minji to book you two a flight to Jeju island for your honeymoon. It’s just a whole week.”

“B-but I have lot of works to do. I cannot afford to have vacation for a whole wee--”

The old man held her hand. “Dear, your mom and dad spent their honeymoon there. So, do this for me. After all, you need to have a break.”

“Grandpa!” She protested.

“I’ll try to convince her, grandpa don’t worry.” Jiyong held Dara’s waist closer and gave her a kiss near the edge of her lips. “I’ll make her happy.” He grinned as the old man giggled in happiness. He shook hands with Jiyong and gave Dara a peck on the cheek. Bom helped and escorted the old man out of the hall.

“Aish!” She stretched her thin arms and pushed Jiyong’s chest away. She signed at him to keep distance.

Jiyong frowned with his arms held in the air as his mouth hung open. “Wae?”

“Good actor, huh?” She left him standing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter