SIX

MY FCKED UP MARRIAGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

December 25, 23:15

Dara:

It’s fcking Christmas. Stop calling me, you idiot. 

 

 

He simpered while reading her message. Jiyong found a new hobby of annoying this very impatient woman. He could picture her throwing a fit and in return made him even happier. 

 

 

Another can of beer was crashed, he threw it on the garbage bin, still sitting with his feet resting on his glass coffee table with a pillow underneath, “three points!” He exclaimed when he successfully shoot his trash. 

 

 

He mindlessly changed the channel endlessly with nothing but shallow shows plastered on his seventy plus inches television. December twenty fifth surely . He hated this day, big time. Yawning for the third time had him sleepier, but an idea came crashing his berserk brain. 

 

 

Immediately, he picked up his phone and texted her. “I already signed the papers. Pick it up here at my condominium. Come quick before I shred this to pieces.“

 

 

~

 

 

Sarang was peacefully sleeping on Dara’s lap as Seunghyun silently lifted her and put her to bed upstairs. Hye Yeon kindly helped her brother to tuck Sarang who was now in her tiny dreamland. 

 

 

“I’ll sleep as well. You two can go home now. It’s already late.” Her warm smile made Seunghyun mirror her happiness. She tried to tip toe as she patted his hair. “Merry Christmas my dear little brother who’s much taller than me.”

 

 

Downstairs, Dara was busy sending mails of a building design she’s currently working on. Even though she was positioned as CEO on Shinhan Financial Group, the Korea’s number one provider of commercial and consumer banking financial and investment services, she still made herself busy with her freelancing in architectural firm. No quota to stress her, she just took clients when she had nothing to do. 

 

 

While waiting for all the blueprint to be sent, a text message notification popped up onto her screen as she gritted her teeth in exasperation. “That idiot is testing me. I’ll fcking kick you in the balls!”

 

 

She grabbed her coat and scarf and opened the Uber application. On her way out, Seunghyun grabbed her by the arm. “Wait, let’s go home together.”

 

 

“I’m not heading home. I’m going to Gangnam district.” Her statement made him shuffle his face, wondering what she’ll be doing there. Nonetheless, he stepped aside and waited for her reasoning. “I’ll get the divorce papers before he change his stupid mind.”

 

 

That bastard again. “I’ll come with you. He might do someth-“

 

 

“Seunghyun... Relax.” Dara cut him, placed her right palm against his cheek, making him flustered. Her words were soothing that made him calm. “I can handle this. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. Just drive me there.”

 

 

He let go a defeated sigh. “Fine.”

 

 

It took them thirty minutes before reaching her destination. Their ride made Seunghyun uneasy, knowing that bastard will do no good. Thinking about his face made him more irritable. He pressed the brake while she unbuckled herself, “You sure you don’t want me to go with you?” Dara shook her head, looking already annoyed for asking her the same question over and over again. Her mood swing made him just agree with her as he uttered. “Okay. I’ll wait here.”

 

 

“It’ll be fast. I’m just gonna get the papers.”

 

 

The lavish lobby was huge enough to fit thousands of people. But she was so used to the luxurious things and places as she casually approached the receiving desk. The receptionist had a wide beam, acknowledging her. “Good evening Mrs. Kwon Sandara.”

 

 

She heard it again, calling her with that title made her disgusted. Meanwhile, the girl was happily handing her a black card. “Mr. Kwon said you can proceed now to his penthouse unit.” She took a glimpse on the card and realized it was a card key she needed for the elevator to allow her access to the penthouse. 

 

 

“Mrs. Kwon, he will assist you.”

 

 

She looked back and saw a man in black suit waiting for her command as she waved her hand. “No need. I can go there on my own. Thank you.”

 

 

Going to his place, the elevator was covered with mirrors that created a loop of reflection. There she was, standing tired, she saw herself smiling back at her. Her reflection gave her strength, as if that girl in the mirror was cheering for her. Actually, never in her life she felt this lonely that she felt so alone in, that she needed herself to comfort her. The passing of her g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter