FIVE

MY FCKED UP MARRIAGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He hovered the cursor above the red leather jacket with rolling stone logo at the back and stared for a handful of minute, but clicked add to cart for the 3rd time anyway. Another jacket was added as he mumbled, “I should stop this madness. My closet can’t accommodate more jackets.” He heaved a deep sigh as he entered his credit card number and the pin once more. “This will be the last.”

 

 

The door swung open as he almost died a bit because there’s this thing called ‘knocking’ which seemed to be forgotten by this woman. Feeling his soul almost separated from his body, he abruptly closed his Mac book and pretended that he was working on papers in front of him. Well, those were really loads of papers that he needed to run over. 

 

 

“Here!” She presented a white long folder as she slapped it against his table. Jiyong did not flinch a muscle and continued reading the proposal that the marketing head sent a while ago. He seemed too focused that he acted like he didn’t hear anything. “Yah! Jiyong!”

 

 

His eyes glided onto the divorce papers as he shook his head. “I have no time for that.”

 

 

“Just sign at the bottom of each page. Can’t you do that? That will be like only five minutes of your time.” 

 

 

He put his pen down together with the proposal he was reviewing. They gaze upon one another, one was really irritated and the other was just acting like it. “Can’t you see? I’m busy. It’s approaching the year end and I have to sign everything in my desk.”

 

 

Her temper rose as she shut her eyes before inhaling good handful of oxygen. “Then sign this when you’re done with those!” She exclaimed as she placed her papers on top of his. 

 

 

“Tomorrow.” He gave it back calmly. It was an excuse, the truth was he wanted to see her more and more. He didn’t realize that he was getting addicted with her pleading and seeing her throwing a fit. Deep inside he was delighted just by the sight of her in his office. “Come back tomorrow Mrs. Kwon.” 

 

 

~

 

 

She was storming when she reached the drop off. Her watch indicated that regular employees will soon be getting off their work and she didn’t want to be pestered by their hustle and bustle. Wind blew some hazel tendrils of her wavy hair as she breathe out hot air with her enclosed palms as she shivered, waiting for her ride home. 

 

 

A familiar white hummer came and stopped in front of her. The heavy tinted window soon revealed the person possessing the vehicle. “Seunghyun? Uh- where’s my driver?” 

 

 

He haven’t answered her question yet but she hopped onto the front seat as she secured herself with the belt. “I told him to get some time off. I'll be sticking with you for several days.” He started the engine. “Did he sign already?”

 

 

Dara shrugged her shoulders and let go another sigh, drubbed. “That bastard.” He breathed with his low voice. “By the way, have you decided if you’re coming with me?”

 

 

“Why abroad suddenly? Why are you bringing your niece, Sarang alongside?” She fixed her bangs with her reflection against the tinted window. “Does your sister know about this?”

 

 

“Yup. It’s just a vacation.” 

 

 

She faced him, looking at his profile, her lips curved on its jibe. He didn’t change at all. Perfectly handsome as always. Those jaw was sharply shaped. His high cheek bone made her want to pinch it. But her amazement turned to another long sigh, thinking what’s ahead. She’s afraid. “I don’t know Seunghyun, I think three months will be too long. I don’t know anything about Amsterdam.”

 

 

“File the divorce before we go there. Maybe we can fly next month.” His one hand let go of the steering wheel and pressed hers, squeezing it tight as an assurance. “Think about it.”

 

 

“I will.” Dara’s other free hand got above Seunghyun’s, sandwiching him. “We’ll start a new life there.” He mumbled, eyes focused on the road. 

 

 

~

 

 

 

“Here!” The same time she barged in his office yesterday was repeated. She laid all the pages on the table, occupying every space on it. He loosen his red tie, together with his head tilting on one side. He gave her a brief look and pushed the papers on the side. “Not today. Come back tomorrow.”

 

 

“You said the same thing yesterday! Uggggh!” Her cute tantrums made him laugh subtly, gaining another handful of curse from her as she walked away. However, instead of going straight to the door she chose which seat to rest herself within the circle of table on the corner of his office. 

 

 

“I’ll wait here.” She was so hard headed and persistent that gained another giggle from Jiyon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter