There's Me, There's You, Why Don't We Make It, Us Instead? (Chapter 2)

The Shots from My Random Mind; A Quest to Find My Less-Angsty Side

 

“Welcome, to Key’s private class of courting girls”

“Correction, I am not courting her.. Yet, okay?.. Just wanting to know whether she likes me that way, or not”

SPAT!

 


And that, would be the sound of a whip he has that he whipped on a desk right in front of me, which I’m not sure where did he get that, and that pink furry scarf and also that obviously fake glasses with cat eye’s frame.

“What the?!”

“Shush! Or I’ll make sure the second whip will make a contact with your skin and trust me, IT huuurtssss.. ssss..” somehow.. He said that with the most fail-est way of a seductive act attempt can be.

Yep you heard it right, within a blink of an eyes, I am stuck with my dear old best friend methods on how am I going to get Krystal’s attention, hopefully make her liking me the way I want, if she’s not.

And up until now I couldn’t believe myself that I let him controlling me, to do stupid things he said would work out!

“Be nice to her, be sweet, be suave!”

“You mean be flirtatious towards her?”

“I’m not using that but if you interpret it that way, then why not? Be flirtatious!”

And.. I’ve been questioning a lot about why we became best friends ever since.

--

First day..

“Bite it..”

“Huh?”

“Bite it!”

“This?”’

“Yes! Just bite the freaking stalk!”

“What am I supposed to do after I bite this?!”

“Lesson number one, attract your pray!”

“How would she, finds me, biting a freaking rose stalk, attractive?!”

“What did everyone said about Don Juan? Shexhy!”

“Did he.. Bite rose stalks too?” somehow.. I doubt this..

“The whole bouquet, now go!”

And how did the plan go you asked me?!

“I’M GOING TO KILL YOU KIM KIBUM!!!!!”

Turns out that there’s a beehive somewhere around the campus..

Those little bees saw me and the rose as an interesting target, well more to the rose actually, I am just the nuisances that needs to be removed..

And you can imagine the rest because its still painful for me, not just physically, but mentally, to know that not only my plan being a suave full of swag and shexhy person to attract Krystal failed miserably, she didn’t even notice!

“I AM SO GOING TO KILL YOU!!!!”

--

3 days after the first day..

“Okay, so maybe, we are jumping too fast, maybe we should reduce our pace a little and start with little things first”

“Like what?”

And he took out a post it notes

“A…nd?”

SMACK!

“Yah! What’s with the violence?!”

“To make that empty brain of you worked! For leaving sweet notes of course! Do I even have to teach you how to kiss too?!”

And both of us agree that THAT would be the worst idea and images that ever crossed our mind

“Dude, don’t you ever come up with that hideous idea again, I can’t man, I just can’t”

“Touche.. Oh God I think I’m going to puke again!”

--

The next day

“Leave sweet notes on everywhere and everything she has daily interaction with!”

So I did it, to be honest this is nerve wrecking for me, since I’m not a sweet and romantic kind of person myself, but, I guess it’s a good idea? So I did it, I leave some post notes on her locker, the book she always read whenever she went to the library and even some of the letters that addressed to her.

But.. None of it worked or noticed by her.

On the locker, made the university janitor sending a report to the dean for a vandalism act and an attempt of littering the campus environment. Turns out that I’m not the only one who later on has the idea to stick a post it notes on her locker, so does her, surprisingly, a lot of suitors. So not only that she didn’t notice mine, I’m being one of the anonymous fugitives of the violations report.

In the book.. Well.. The keyword would be, it’s a book, in the library, means public property, and no, I didn’t get any violations report to stick some post it notes on and in it, it get noticed yes, but, not by her. Because when I post it at one book, turns out that another student took that book, while she use another copy of that book and when I put a lot of post it notes on all of  the book copies, she finished reading it.. I just.. I can’t.. It failed too..

And on those letters that addressed to her.. Again, I wasn’t aware on how much of a suitor she has, and I didn’t pay much attention when I stick the post it notes because basically, I was in hurry, it’s a violation and I could get a penalty from the campus if they found out me rummaging other students mail box. So in the end.. It was left un noticed because she never bothered to look it up, its her roommate who noticed it, but she didn’t even care, so Luna-ssi just did what she’s been told, to put it right into the nearest trash bin, and there goes my post it notes..

And a week passed by with nothingness..

Key was walking back and forth after I told him it’s a big failed. I know he already running out of idea, and I’m running out of spirit too..

I heard that she has another date and I saw her being picked up by someone else, using a very cool car, a black colored BMW Z4..

“He or she, must be loaded..” is all I can say, because it will take years of years of nonstop laboring for me to get one of those, man I might even need years to buy old Corolla! And she looks happy with that person, because I saw her smiling very widely..

The kind of smile she used to show me..

But, not anymore.. Since we haven’t talked or even met again since the last time..

“Hey Key, when was the last time I met her?”

“Who?”

“Krystal duh?!”

“When you both went to some arcade stroll and leaving me alone with my broken heart?”

“You need a rest after a 3 days crying nonstop over your ‘going to study abroad’ boyfriend, beside he came to see you not long after we went out so you don’t really have a reason to complain ahjumma!”

“Whatever!” a blushing Key only can be found when you push the right button such as a mention about his boyfriend, tch, lover bird! “Well, if after that day you haven’t met her.. Oh wait, you met her again on the next day when you practically ditched me at the cafeteria because she said she’s having a cold and flu and you went to buy her foods and meds? Tch, so much of a best friend you are Amber Liu”

“The answer iiis?”

“Wow, you guys haven’t met in like, almost 2 going on 3 weeks! I would die not to hear or see anything of my boy for that long”

“And why were you suddenly blushing?”

“Nothing..” a giggling Key, is the super weirdest thing I ever encountered with “I just remember that thing that my boyfriend showed me the last time we video called..”

“Huh?” the dreamy eyes.. Can it be?!

“Its big now, has a lot of hair too, because the last time I remember, its bald, and it really look excited when it saw me”

“SPARE ME THE DETAIL FOR GOD FRIGGIN SAKE KIM KIBUM!!!!”

“What?! WHY WERE YOU SCREAMING?! WHAT HAPPEN?! WHAT?! WHAT’S WRONG WITH ROVER?!”

“FOR GOODNESS SAKE YOU GUYS EVEN NAMED IT?!”

“WELL DUH WE DID! WE COULDN’T POSSIBLY CALL HIM DOG OR HIS BREED NAME, SIBERIAN HUSKY NOW COULDN’T WE?! IT WON’T BE ANY DIFFERENT WITH THE SIMILAR BREED DOG”

Er..

“Dog?”

“Yeah.. Dog.. His Siberian husky puppy which now not so puppy anymore, what were you thinking? OH MY GOD YOU DID NOT!”

Now.. That’s embarrassing..

And he has a good hours of laughing thanks to my stupid mind.

And some more hours when his boyfriend joining in through some video calls he made.

--

“Had a good laugh?” I asked, after the laugh subsided.

“Very much! Oh God that was hilarious, you are so funny, oh my God..”

“Glad that you find me amusing Kibum”

“You are very welcome Amber”

“So what now?”

“Wait, I was about to ask this when you asked me about your previous question, for few weeks you guys didn’t meet up, you guys still call, text or emailed each  other?”

And that hit me.. We didn’t.. Well I didn’t, since now I find it a bit awkward to start the talk, I even freaked out with the thoughts of me teasing her and she might find out that I might like her which she might not and then things might turns out more awkward than it might already happened now.

But she didn’t too..

So..

“I guess she didn’t like me that way Key..”

“Why? Because she didn’t even bother to look out for you?”

“Yeah..?”

“Well maybe she felt the same about you, since you didn’t even bother to call, text or emailed her like the way you always did?”

I honestly wanted to believe him, but, seeing the fact that she looks happy when she went out with her so called date, and I saw her smiles and she didn’t even bother to share anything with me..

I guess I already get the conclusions..

“I think not Key..” I think she doesn’t like me that way.. “She doesn’t like me that way..”

And with Key heavy sighed, I know he basically agree with me..

And somehow..

Its really funny, that an unrequited like.. Can feel this hurt..

--

While at some café downtown, around that time, at the same day..

“Still nothing?” asked a girl with a long golden brown haired girl to a long black haired girl who slumped on a single sitter couch in front of her, looked lifelessly staring at her phone

“Nope” the black haired girl said with a pout

“Tch! Told you that you should have let me and Yuri go to your campus and interrogate her and even beat her up until she confessed!”

“Unnie!” protest the black haired girl

“Sica..” said another girl who comes up to the two with a tray of 1 double espresso for herself, an iced tiramisu coffee latte and a hot tiramisu coffee for the others “It won’t work that way you know..”

“But its getting to my nerve” whined the golden brown haired girl to the new girl “Look what that llama did to my baby sister, your soon to be sister in law Kwon Yuri!” she cutely pout at the girl named Yuri

Yuri pat her girlfriend’s head lovingly giving her sweet smile and said “I know baby, and I’m really aware, but it won’t really work that way, plus Krystal already said she doesn’t want it to be that way right?” though Sica, Yuri’s girlfriend, Krystal’s older sister, still showing her cute pout “Aigoo, please don’t pout like that, we are in public now”

“Then do something” again she whined, swaying Yuri’s hand back and forth

“Oh God you guys giving me goosebumps! I’m leaving” said Krystal, taking her things, including her take out coffee with her.

“Want us to take you back to your dorm Jungie?” asked Jessica, or Sica

“And have to endure my urge to puke for being you two lovey dovey creature live spectators, no thank you, I’ll passed, don’t worry, I can take the bus” said Krystal

“Okay then, be careful baby Jung, text me when you arrive” as Sica give her baby sister pecks on each cheeks

“Okay, bye unnies”

--

And at the same time, going to the café where Krystal just left..

“So my sister and her pink monster said this café served the best coffee in town, and left me her member card so I could get a 10% discount on any beverages or meals they have there because I caught them making out on our parent newly installed Jacuzzi when she was told to look after the house because mom and dad went to some honeymoon trip”

“Key, spare me the details please” said Amber who sit lifelessly next to Key who is currently driving his car and excitedly talked about her sister and her fiancée behind her back “Plus they are already engage and its not like the first time they ever did it”

“Not around my parents property, mom and dad will go on a rampage if they found out a clue that they have done SBM thing”

“SBM?”

“ Before Marriage, duh? Where have you been man?” and Amber can’t help but to look at her best friend, confused and amused at the same time

“Were the doctors or the nurse hit your head when you were born?” then laughed away until a glimps of a familiar figure catch her attention “Key stopped!”

“What what?” as he suddenly hit his car break

“I saw Krystal”

“Krystal where?”

But she’s nowhere to be seen

“She looked in hurry and she came out from that café”

When Yuri went out, hand in hand, staring lovingly and treat Jessica lovingly, entering her car, then drive away.

“What the..”

“What the what?”

And this chapter 2 ends with Key being confused and Amber having her own thoughts while the author playing dead somewhere because he don’t know what to write after this *___*9