Too late to Confess.

The Shots from My Random Mind; A Quest to Find My Less-Angsty Side

Her phone keeps ringing, but she keeps ignoring it. She only took it to reject it, then putting it back inside her jeans pocket.

That’s what Tayeon’s been doing for the past 15 minutes. Rejecting all the calls she got, diverting it, ignoring her text inbox and finally, she turn off her phone and slumped down, resting her back on the building rooftop railings and exhaled loudly.

“There you are little Taengoo” said a man appeared suddenly from behind the door that connects the highest floor to the rooftop, Kangin, but Taeyeon didn’t greet back, but he smiled anyway

“Somehow I know you’ll be here” as he sits next to Taeyeon, but again, she didn’t give any responds.

“Everyone is been looking for you, especially one” said Kangin, but still, Taeyeon didn’t give any responds, he just smiled, then pokes the side of her head saying “There must be a lot in here, share me some, share me share me” while ruffling Tayeon’s hair and made her annoyed, which worked well

“Yah oppa stop it!” Taeyeon whined, shoving him lightly and fixed her hair, Kangin just laughed away

“Then tell me, what’s wrong?” he asked

Taeyeon sighed.. “If she’s been calling you to ask about my whereabouts, doesn’t it mean that she already told you what happened?”

Kangin nods “Maybe..” he smiles, looking at his favorite dongsaeng who looked troubled right now, because of a certain girl

“So.. In the end, she did it..” Taeyeon don’t show any reaction “But.. Its too late..”

Taeyeon sighed “Why.. Why now oppa? When I already accept the whole situation, when I’m ready to move on, when I have a confident to start something new with someone who clearly showed me the mutual feelings?”

“Well judging from what happened tonight, Fany share the same one like yours” Kangin said

“That doesn’t help!” Taeyeon said “What am I going to do with Eunji? What am I supposed to do? I can’t back up! I am the one who started it with her and I’m.. I’m..”

“Happy?”

Taeyeon looked at a smiling Kangin “Yes.. Finally..” she admitted it

“This is surely messed up Taengoo, but hey.. It happens.. I guess your fate just didn’t crossed path with Fany’s.. But, look at the bright side, you have Eunji” he said, encouraging his dongsaeng who still looked troubled “And don’t feel guilty..”

Taeyeon looked at him confused

“I know you” Kangin said “And trust me, we don’t always have to make everyone happy.. If we do, I’m afraid it will just make things more complicated, and in the end, hurts everyone in the process” He smiled “Don’t play hero Taengoo-ah, just live your life and be happy”

 

1 New Message

From: Eunji

Are you at home now? Or maybe you’re already asleep, hehe, I’m sorry.. I thought I could call you to say goodnight, but I guess you might already being asleep by now, since you really do look tired earlier.. You shouldn’t forced yourself to take me home you know.. Even though I’m so happy that you wanted to do it because you want to make sure that me, your girlfriend, arrived home safely >.<.. You have no idea how happy you made me unnie.. Thank you.. Goodnight.. And.. Love you XO

 

And a first smile creeps in her face, after everything that night..

--

 Its been a some time after that night..

Taeyeon went home finally after literally being dragged by Kangin..

To find that Tiffany was waiting for her, but the awkwardness remains, more from Taeyeon’s side to be exact. They only shared few words, a rather bit unusual but its clearly for Tiffany to get the hint that whatever happened that night, especially the confession part, Taeyeon doesn’t want to bring that up.

And Tiffany, as much as she wants to reach Taeyeon, even just to get the closeness before the confession, seems to reluctant, afraid that she’ll broke down and becomes a burden for Taeyeon, more than she already did now.

And then she heard from Kangin himself that Taeyeon is, in relationship with this girl, an ordinary girl, a college student who worked part time at several places to make a living, which seems that she really is, sincerely in love with Taeyeon..

Her Taetae..

“I’m.. I’m sorry Fany..” said Kangin

“Sorry? For what oppa?” showing her eye-smile, an unusual one, because then it followed with flood of tears and sobs, which make Kangin in total panic.

“Oh my god oh my god, please don’t cry Fany, Taeng is gonna kill me if she knows that you cried while you are with me, you have no idea how many angers could comes out from that tiny body, a lot I tell you” while he grab as many tissue as he could from the studio waiting room table and hand it even tried his best, even in a panic way, to wipe her tears away.

“I’m okay oppa, don’t worry, I was just..” and she tried her best to show him that he’s okay, which is of course, a failed one, because she cried again.

This is how a heart break for Tiffany..

Of course she already had her own share of heart breaks before, from a one sided love, even a cheating boyfriend, but none of those, as she mentally recalled, ever been this painful.

She should already know how meaningful her Taeyeon is..

She should have been aware that without Taeyeon..

No, she never thought about it before, because she always think that Taeyeon won’t go anywhere, that she’ll always have her taetae beside her..

And she was wrong..

She never aware of it..

And how she regretted it now..

More than she already has..

“Is she happy?” she asked him, after she could control herself a little “Did she.. Make her happy?”

He wants to say no, from Tiffany’s reactions, he wanted to say no..

But he also wanted to say yes, because part of him wants to let Tiffany know that she deserves the pain as much as Taeyeon finally deserves her happiness..

Another part of him though, wanted to just admit that honestly, this is the first time he ever see Taeyeon loosely happy..

And he knows it, that its because of the other girl..

He patted her head, then say “Not as much as you could..Yet.. But yes, its nice to see our little Taengoo smiled more, and its because of her.. I’m sorry Fany.. But I guess, she deserves this..” give her a rather sad smile, while her reaction would be a simple nod, and another round of crying her hear out.

She has lost the battle..

--

“Welcome in unnie, I’m sorry if it’s a bit messy, I haven’t had a chance to clean it up with schools and work” Eunji said, while frantically cleaning things, by putting away things, according to he would be a shameful if Taeyeon witnessed eat, and that include some Chinese restaurant take out boxes

Taeyeon chuckled “Don’t worry, this is more civilized than my place” as she take a look around the apartment.

Its nice, small compared to her own, but of course a one room apartment like this cant compared to an apartment used by 9, but for one room apartment with one bathroom, a small kitchen and a living room which also a TV room, this one isn’t really bad. Either its because of how the renter, Eunji, her girlfriend, set the things..Or.. Hem..

She likes that thought, because she soon smiled once she repeated it again in her mind.

“My girlfriend..” Taeyeon whispered to herself, grinning widely

“Unnie?” and that startled her much

“I’m here! I’m good, I didn’t think about weird things, I was just.. Admiring your place, yes, admiring it, wow..” as she looks around a bit panic and flabbergasted, which earned her a cute laughter from the other girl there

“Unnie, the grocery, aren’t we supposed to cook dinner?” Eunji smiled while extending her hand, asking Taeyeon to hand the plastic bag she’s been holding ever since they walked back from the grocery stores.

“Oh yes, I’m sorry about it” she hand it and her heart flutters, when she saw Eunji extend her other hand towards Taeyeon’s, and it made the older girl happily smiled with such, according to her, sweet gestures. How good it is, to be loved..

--

The dinner was good, she’s happy she didn’t end up ruining her girlfriend’s cook when she insisted to help. The ambience is good, they share a good time together, they laugh, tease, literally enjoying their each other presences. Everything is good for Taeyeon, she started to think that this is the best decision she ever made, asking Eunji to be her girlfriend..

And that day event returned..

It was the same day with what happen at the café where she met an unpredicted confession. At least it was unpredicted by her. At the same day Eunji asked to meet up with her, Tiffany also wanted her to meet her at their usual café.

A secluded one that they used to come, actually most of entertainment company trainee’s used to hang out, including Taeyeon an Tiffany before they got debuted and becomes famous. It was trainee’s sanctuary. Owned by a music producer, a well known one between the company, but chose to be a freelancer that allows him to befriend everyone in all company he’s been working with, so that’s explain how okay it is, for Tiffany to choose his place to make a confession.

That thing that happens in the café..

Tiffany’s confession, feels surreal for Taeyeon. Its like a dream comes true, that finally, her waiting got what its deserves. It finally not unrequited anymore, that Tiffany actually has the same feeling like what she has for her.

But..

There’s Eunji..

That day, Taeyeon supposed to meet Eunji, but then Tiffany wants her to be at the café at certain time where Taeyeon at the same time, she supposed to pick and meet up with Eunji. Can’t say no to both, Taeyeon then decided to meet up with Eunji first.

Flashback

“Hey you came..”

“Unnie, I’m sorry, did you wait long? Sorry I was a bit late, I just have my 15 minutes break now”

“Its okay Eunji-ah, breathe please, breathe”

“I’m okay” she smiled, a pretty smile that caught Taeyeon’s attention when they first met..

 She has a pretty eye-smile..

“So what is it unnie? I thought we would meet up later?”

“Ah yeah, about that, I was wondering if you can tell me what you want to say now, because, I still have work and appointment to do, its really a last minute decision, so I might not be able to meet you up later, but I’ll try, but yeah, just in case, I don’t want to delay our meeting again, since I already did it many time before”

“Oh.. About that..”

“Yeah.. So..?”

“Em..”

“Yes?”

“Unnie.. I..”

Its amusing to see Eunji fidgeting like that. She’s a cute girl, Taeyeon already knows that, she’s aware of her cuteness. Eunji made her wants to always hug her, pinch her cheek, taking care of her, loving her..

“I love you..”

Taeyeon.. I love you..

End of Flashback

Tiffany..

“Unnie?” a warm touch meet her arm skins..

Eunji..

“I.. I’m sorry, you were saying?” the thoughts of Tiffany really took a few seconds of Taeyeon’s consciousness, that she almost forgot, she’s now with Eunji, her girlfriend, at her house.

“Oh nothing.. I was..” suddenly Eunji blushed, feeling shy with how Taeyeon looked at her, and Taeyeon still half disturbed by the thoughts of Tiffany, seems to missed the shyness Eunji showed.

Its funny how human can see someone with their eyes, when to be honest, their mind isn’t looking at the one that their eyes saw.

That’s when a soft pair of lips occupies Taeyeon’s..

And at the same time, 1 new message enters Taeyeon’s phone inbox..

Its from Tiffany’s..

Its says..

Compose SMS

Select SMS Contact

To: Taetae

OK

Taeyeon-ah.. Congratulation, I’m happy for you, really do ^^ Taeyeon hwaiting! Saranghae..

Send

And tears trickled down on her face..

It is hard, to let go..

But what can she do?

It is too late for her, to confess..

 

---

a/n: finally done to write this one continuation, its part 2, but.. do you realize the difference with the first title? .___. forget it, suddenly i become confused by myself XD anyway, enjoy ^___^ as usual, critiques, suggest, and advice are all welcome, feel free to read, subscribes and leave comments, meanwhile LDW out! *rolls out*