A Happy Family..

The Shots from My Random Mind; A Quest to Find My Less-Angsty Side

That night..

We were planning to give a surprise visit to her family somewhere out of Seoul..

She was 8 months and three weeks pregnant..

We were happily talking about our future..

What will we do at the new house we just bought..

What will we teach our little princess, the one in her belly, and yes, its going to be a baby girl, our baby girl..

What will we become in the future..

A happy family..

We even planned about how many younger siblings we would give to our not yet born daughter..

When suddenly there’s another car lose control..

Passing through the road divider, getting into our lane, in a high speed, heading straight to our car that I drove that night..

And then it happened..

….

“You are calling 119, how can I help you?”

“Please.. Accident.. My wife.. My daughter.. Help..”

“Okay ma’am, could you tell us your location?”

“Please.. Help.. My wife.. She’s pregnant..”

“Yes ma’am, we will be there as fast as we could, but we need to know your current location, where are you now? Can you describe us the last thing you saw before the accident? Surroundings, any road signs, buildings intersections?”

“Help….”

“Ma’am? Hello? Ma’am?”

When I woke up..

I was already at the hospital..

 “Where’s my wife? What happen to my wife?”

“Calm down Ma’am, please remained still”

“She’s pregnant, my child, my daughter, what happen to them? Where are they?  I need to see them”

“Please calm down Ma’am”

“I can’t calm down! Where is my wife and daughter?!”

“Ma’am, my name is Dr. Kim, you will be under my care for your medical treatment until you are ready to leave our facilities”

“Where are they? How are they?”

“….Yes.. Your family.. Before I tell you about their condition.. I’m afraid that there are some things I would like to discuss with you ma’am.. ”

I somehow new, I was left behind by either one of them..

“First of all.. Its not an easy decision for us to make, to choose between saving your child, or your wife..”

Dr. Kim said, each of them only had 50% chances to live when they arrived at the hospital that night..

But then, one of them got weaker than the other..

“Your wife, lost a lot of blood, and her water broke..”

They need to make fast decisions..

“We have to choose between saving your wife’s life, or the baby..”

Because if they made the wrong decision, in a split second, they might accidentally killed one of them, or worse, both..

“We tried to save both, but in the end..”

They could only saved one..

“Before we took needed actions, between her last breaths, your wife told us to save your daughter..”

I was right, I was left behind by either one of them..

“With heavy heart, we have to decide, and with your wife’s consent, we start to perform the needed procedure..”

By the only woman I have ever loved..

“She passed away not long after the baby was born..”

The only woman I could ever seen as my wife..

“We put the baby on her chest, to let her see her daughter, closer..”

The only woman I ever wanted, to be the mother of my child..

“She ask for you and your baby forgiveness, ask me to tell you that she is happy, and to ask you to take a good care of the baby, your daughter, and named her..”

Our only child..

Our daughter..

Our Princess..

“Jessica!”

 “Daddy, chill”

“You are going to be late for school”

“So? Its not like the school will go anywhere even if I’m in a rush?”

Meet my 16 years old daughter..

As pretty as her mother..

“What am I going to do with you, your mom wasn’t this lazy and look at you?!”

“Well maybe I really did take it from you”

As witty as her mother..

“Yah!”

Has the same unreadable facial expression like her mother..

“Daddy, save the speech please, I am going to be late if i'm not hurry”

“Tell me about it Jessica, as far as I know, I’m not the one who’s being late here”

“Gosh daddy, you are so whiny”

“And you are so lazy princess”

“And I am THIS close to throw you both out of the house, could you stop arguing and eat already? You two got to stop bickering because I already have a freaking painfully awesome migraine here and the last thing I want is to make my one-sided headaches, joined forces, so you two please, SIT and eat your breakfast, calmly.. capish? Ah my head!”

And meet.. Who else? My older sister, who isn’t really acting like someone supposed to be the oldest between us in the house.

“That’s what you get from drinking too much Jackie, thanks for being a good role model for your niece”

“Oh don’t be such a -hurt Am, I meet my friends I haven’t met for years, I need to catch up, plus I am legal to drink alcohols”

“With drinking all night long, and went home obviously drunk” I scoffed “I was intending to talked about your responsibilities as an adult if you didn’t notice”

“Daddy, seriously, give aunt Jackie a break, its not like she’s an alcoholic or something, she didn’t do it on daily basis”

“Awww, thank you Jessie honey, I know you could understand me more than your -hurt dad who supposed to be my own flesh and blood siblings straight from our same exact biological parents”

“Okay now its both of you against me? That’s not fair!”

“No, its three against you, because we believe Krystal will be in our side too on this, Jessica give your dad Jung’s cold glare”

“I’m not looking!”

“I can’t believe I’m stuck with both of you as my dad and my God mother, please continue your childish arguments, because the only sane people in this house, me, is going to school”

“Where are you going young lady? I’ll drive you to school, I need to arrive early to the office today anyway”

“No need daddy, my friend picking me up, I’ll go to school with her”

“Her?”

“Yeah, you know her, Yul?”

Do i?

“Oooh, is that hottie you told me you have crush on the other day? So she finally made a move? Did she confess yet?”

“Confess?”

This doesn't sounds good..

“Not yet aunt Jackie, but I’m sure we’ll go that way, she’s just too shy I think?”

“Awww.. I hope she will soon, I like her”

“W..Wait a minute! What are you girls talking about?! What is this confessing thing?!”

I should have known it! She’s Krystal’s after all, of course it’ll always be like this! It happened when we’re still in L.A what makes it different once we settled back in Seoul?

“She’s probably going to be your future daughter in law Am, it up lil monkey!” her laugh sounds evil..

“Okay I got to go, Yul just said, she’s already here, bye aunt Jackie”

“Bye honey, take care, study much and don’t do dirty THING’s at school no matter how hot your soon to be girlfriend is”

D..dir..dirty things?

“Auntie!” my princess blushing.. Why would she blushed? “Daddy, don’t listen to auntie Jackie okay? We haven’t done anything I swear. Aunt Jackie, stop picking on my daddy, and daddy, I love you more, it’ll take more than a bouquet of roses, or a boxes of chocolates, or even the entire world, to make me willing to do..Well.. Stuffs, even though I like her that much and she’s so hot..” Am I supposed to feel better with her last statements? “So don’t worry.. Okay?”

“Haven’t but probably soon~”

Did I miss something here? Wait, why did my princess says nothing about it?

“S..S..Soon?”

“I got to go! Bye daddy! Bye auntie!”

Soon…?

I can feel my brain freeze for a moment for that word 'Soon'..

Until I saw Jackie’s smirks..

And it clicked me..

“JESSICA!!!”

......

Little that the three of them knows, a beautiful angel with her long black silky hair, standing near them at the family dining room. Looking at her love ones, with her beautiful and bright smile, especially for the two and then lightly chuckled while shaking her heads when she watched how her beloved husband has to deal a troller big sister and a teenage daughter who has started to learn about love.

As none of Jackie nor Amber can notice, the beautiful angel approached Amber slowly then engulfed her with a big hug, covered her with her pair of white wings as she whispered to her ear closely “Don’t worry baby, I’ll have my eyes on our daughter”

And with that, suddenly Amber sighed in relieve, closing her eyes for a moment, feeling the presence of someone she really knows well, and said “I love you..” smiling while imagining the way how her wife, Krystal would looked at her whenever she helped her to make her restless mind calmed within seconds.

The way how exactly the angel looked at Amber now.

“Awwww, I love you too little monkey, do you want to have some huggy huggy and kissh kissh from your beloved big sister? Hem? Hem?”

 

 

 

Way to ruin the moment I must say..

it isn't that angsty right? .___. LDW OUT!

ps: bear with my randomness people! XD as usual, pardon for the all grammatical errors, and all advices, critiques and comment are mostly welcomed, thanks for reading and subscribing, have a nice day ^___^9

pss: don't mind me,i'm just doing some grammar edit and such .___.