Chapter Two

Her Confession, His Confession

I rested my hands on my knees as I bent over to catch my breath. It was mid-afternoon and I had had no success of getting Yifan and Hyo Jung alone yet. In fact, it was hard enough keeping everybody else together.

"Hey, let me take some of those." I felt a hand relieve me of Hyo Jung's bag and I turned to the voice.

"Thank you," I said to Yifan. I had to crane my head up to look at him and squint to keep the sun out of my eyes. I didn't know how Hyo Jung was going to deal with this everyday. She was much shorter than me and would have to live with neck pain for the rest of her life if she got together with Yifan.  "Why aren't you with the rest of them?"

"They won't stop running around." He pointed to the boys who had dragged Hyo Jung to another rollercoaster. I had been trying to keep up with them all day but trainees had a lot more energy than a mere stylist. "Why aren't you with them? You haven't been on any of the rides yet."

I laughed nervously as I dabbed the sweat that made my hair cling to my forehead. Was I supposed to tell him that my sole purpose of being here today was to set him and my best friend together? "Don't tell anybody but I'm afraid of heights," I lied through my teeth.

"Like Luhan?"

I nodded and looked over at the three boys behind Yifan who were checking things on their phones. Luhan was also the one carrying a bunch of bags as he wasn't brave enough to ride anything either. Except his fear was true. I was the one faking it so Yifan wouldn't suspect anything.

"We're going to get some drinks. You wanna come with?" Yifan motioned for me to follow him and I couldn't protest. I was pretty desperate for a drink after running after little kids all day.

"We told them," Luhan said as he pocketed his cellphone. "They'll meet us for drinks after one more ride."

Our group walked together to a building but the guys all spoke in Chinese and I felt like an intruder so I trailed behind. I kept an eye out in case Hyo Jung came running back. She hadn't planned to be dragged away by the other boys and might need my help to get her out of the mess.

But then again, if she needed my help, she could just call me.

I bit my lip, trying to formulate a plan. If I could get Yifan to walk with me, I'd probably be able to call Hyo Jung and get her here fast enough before the other boys crowded us. The problem was that her chocolates and card were in her bag...which were with Yifan.

Maybe I would need help from the guys.

Speaking of which, where were they?

I stood up tall and looked around. I wasn't smallI could see over most of the peoples' headsand Yifan wasn't hard to spot. But even as I looked in every direction, I couldn't find my friends.

Great.

I swung the bags around my arms until I could steadily reach into my pocket for my phone. Just as I was about to dial, I felt a finger tap my shoulder.

"Who are you calling?"

I turned and clicked my tongue in annoyance. "I was gonna call you guys."

"Why? We're right there." Yifan pointed to a nearby table where Luhan, Yixing, and Tao sat.

I trudged over without another word and dumped the heavy bags on the bench. For guys, Sehun and Jongdae sure carried a lot. "Sorry," I muttered. "I got lost."

The guys ordered their drinks as I took my seat and Yifan repeated them in his head. "And you want a Sprite?"

I nodded and thanked him before he went to buy everything.

I nervously tapped on the table as the boys said some stuff in Chinese. How was I supposed to ask them to help me with my plan?

"Yeon Mi, are you having fun?" Luhan asked as he fixed his hat. "You haven't been on any rides yet."

"Oh...uhh," I laughed sheepishly as I clasped my hands together. I hoped I could get this right or else I'd be stuck helping Hyo Jung by myself for the rest of the day. "Actually, I had been working on something."

I told the boys about my plan (more like Hyo Jung's plan) while making sure Yifan was never in earshot.

Once I was done, I watched the boys tensely as they cast looks at one another. It was as if they could communicate telepathically. As I thought about it, I guess they could. They'd been training together for a while now and had probably developed strong bonds.

"So? Can you guys help me get Yifan and Hyo Jung alone?" I asked hesitantly.

Yixing was the first to speak up as Tao and Luhan looked down at the table. "We'd like to help but...there's just a slight problem."

"What?"

"Yifan doesn't like Hyo Jung."

---

hehe life's tough