Chapter Five

Her Confession, His Confession

The ride lurched and I had to fell back onto the bench. Yifan wouldn't even look in my direction as he put his elbow against the window and stared outside.

How rude.

"Answer me!" I slapped his arm but he kept his attention to the glass. "How can you be such a jerk and leave my friend down there. You knew she was confessing to you and y-you just ignore her? You're such an immature kid, running away from your problems like that. I can't believe she ever liked you."

After no response from him, I crossed my arms. Was he going to ignore me too because the situation wasn't going the way he wanted it to? Did he really expect me to commend him on his escape?

"I hope you're happy," I mumbled. "My friend's down there with her heart broken and I can't even help her."

Yifan suddenly whipped around and I flinched as I saw his features scrunched in anger. "So what?" he snapped. "So my feelings don't matter? It doesn't matter who I like, as long as I make some other girl happy?"

I was the speechless one now. I had never seen Yifan so furious before and his face was so close to mine. Way too close.

"What did you want me to do, huh? I don't like her. I don't think I'll ever like her that way."

I balled my hands up into fists. "You could've said no to her!" I scolded him. "You could've left her with a definite answer. Why would you run around the bush like that? And why the hell would you run to a Ferris wheel?"

Somehow, I knew he wasn't listening to me anymore. He was biting his lip and his eyes weren't even on mine. , even I couldn't keep eye contact any longer. We were nearly nose to nose when his teeth let go of his bottom lip and in the next moment, he was kissing me.

Before I could even think about the kiss, my hand came up to slap his face to the side. I fled, running to the bench on the other side of the compartment. I sat with my elbow against the window like he had done earlier and stared outside. I could see the group of guys and some of them were trying to spot us on the ride while others were comforting Hyo Jung.

I heard a sigh come from Yifan's side but I didn't look over. He didn't deserve my attention. "So," he started, "who do you like?"

Really? Was that the burning question he had in his mind? Because he kissed me, he thought he had the right to know?

I ignored him like he had done to me earlier.

Yifan took the clue and stayed quiet until the operator arrived and freed me from this tense prison.

I ran over to where the boys stood and pushed them out of the way to hug my friend. She was probably angry with me for going alone on a ride with her crush but I would have to explain everything to her later.

"We're leaving," I said to some of the guys before turning to walk away from them. A few of them followed and asked what the problem was but I knew that they'd find out eventually. Now was not a good time to talk.

I took one last peek over my shoulder and saw Yifan trailing at the back by himself. For a split second, I felt sorry for him. He had just gone through the same thing as Hyo Jung but there was nobody around to comfort him.

I turned back around and took a deep breath. I'll deal with him later.

---

sorry i took so long to update n_n;; midterms are coming up and my grades right now are gonna determine my post-secondary years, boo. and i've also been catching up on some reading. but i do wanna get back to writing some more. i have lots of ideas; i just don't wanna write them out because i feel like i'm not gonna be able to do it properly (ie express the emotions properly, convey certain concepts, idk...literary stuff) so i need practice. and to make sure that i do get the practice, i'm gonna challenge myself to start a request one-shot story.

yeah, i'm letting you guys hold me to my word to write more.

i've been wanting to do this forever but i've always been scared because there are some really boring scenarios that i don't want to write about and i'm scared i'm gonna flop this challenge BUT THAT'S WHY THIS IS A CHALLENGE.

anybody can request any scenario because these are going to be "you + your bias" scenes (this is the only way i'll be able to write about anybody other than kris kai and/or jjong okay ╥_╥). so send your requests to here and read written ones here (:

have a happy day, everybody!