Chapter Nine

Her Confession, His Confession
“Okay, Luhan’s standing outside the shop waiting for you. I’ll distract Yifan and you just try to look unsuspicious, all right?” Hyo Jung pulled out her phone to send a message to Luhan about her plan.
 
I put my hand on my forehead and sighed. “Do we need to do all this just to avoid one guy?”
 
Hyo Jung looked up from her phone and gave me a sympathetic smile. “Yes, we do. Stupid Yifan won’t stop asking about you and I don’t want to talk to him anymore either. The sooner you leave, the sooner I can leave.”
 
“Didn’t he find it suspicious that you had to come back to the washroom so soon?”
 
Hyo Jung shrugged as she put away her phone. “He doesn’t even care. The poor guy’s just waiting for you.”
 
I pouted and fixed my hair so that it covered as much of my face as it could. “Sorry about that.”
 
“Ha, I’ll forgive you once you get out of here. I have rehearsals in an hour!” Hyo Jung said as she skipped out to sit with Yifan again.
 
I counted to ten and then opened the door, keeping my eye on Hyo Jung’s table. She managed to switch seats with him so now his back was facing the door but if he turned to the right, he would be able to see me easily.
 
I scuttled to the side and walked as fast as I could down the aisle between the tables. Yifan and Hyo Jung sat at the table right by the door and I covered my face as best as I could. Hyo Jung spoke louder and louder as I approached.
 
I owed her for her hard work.
 
Yifan was looking down at the table the whole time and I finally reached the door. I gulped nervously as I pushed it open. The bell sounded.
 
I froze.
 
Please don’t turn around, please don’t turn around.
 
I continued walking, racing down the steps and onto the street. I saw Luhan leaning against a lamp post with his eyes on his phone.
 
“Luhan!” I waved and ran over to him.
 
He looked up and smiled at me, but his eyes then looked past me. My expression turned into one of dread as Luhan waved sheepishly to whoever was behind me.
 
Actually, it wasn’t just whoever. It could only be one person.
 
“Luhan, let’s go!” I pulled him forward, but Luhan was Luhan and he just looked at me with his big eyes.
 
I heard footsteps and sighed. “Yeon Mi, wait up!” Yifan’s voice called out.
 
My teeth gritted together and I felt Luhan’s hand on my shoulder. “Uh,” he began (I think he was trying to comfort me) but Yifan cut in.
 
“Yeon Mi, listen. I—“
 
I whipped around, letting Luhan’s hand fall to his side. “No, you listen to me, Yifan.” I watched him with his apology gift step back in shock. “I don’t like you in the way you like me. I’ve never liked you that way and I don’t think I ever will. You know what,  I’m starting to like you less and less so if you still want this friendship to keep going, you’d better drop the little crush you have on me.”
 
“I…”
 
“I’m sorry but you’re going to have to find some other girl. You’re a good person and everything but I just… Don’t. Like. You. That. Way.” I punctuated every word by taking a step closer to him until he was standing right by Hyo Jung who had come out of the donut shop to watch.
 
Yifan’s eyes dropped to the ground. “I’m sorry,” he apologized. “I don’t think I can stop my feelings just like that but I hope I haven’t ruined our friendship.”
 
“You’re close,” I sneered and he flinched at the words.
 
“I see…” he looked past my shoulder to Luhan. “I’ll work harder and focus on my debut instead, I guess.”
 
I tried to smile but I’m pretty sure it came out too tight. “Good. I’ll see you later, then.” I turned around and found Luhan still staring at us innocently with his big eyes. “You go ahead, Luhan. I can walk with Hyo Jung now, thanks!”
 
Yifan stood to the side and I nodded for Hyo Jung to follow me. She looked like she was about to burst out laughing. “Okay, it’s mean to laugh but I can’t believe you had the guts to talk to Yifan like that!” She sighed contentedly. “So, who do you like now? Luhan?”
 
“Hyo Jung!” I pulled her ponytail as I scolded her.
 
---
 
uhhh this is basically the end .____. epilogue coming soon nvm.
omg i love lulu ;A;