Chapter Eight

Her Confession, His Confession
"He said what?"

I threw a napkin at Hyo Jung's face and crossed my legs. "Wipe your mouth," I told her, and then sighed. "But yeah, I don't think he's given up yet."

When Hyo Jung got rid of the chocolate crumbs on her face, she also got into a fit of giggles. I waited for her to stop but she wouldn't; her laughter almost caused her hair to dip into her leftover donut glaze. Gross. That would've been a tough mess to clean up.

"This isn't funny," I huffed and leaned my chin on the hand that was propped on the table.

"I'm sorry!" she apologized once she could make coherent words. "I think I need to thank you, though."

I scowled as I looked up from the untouched Boston Cream donut in front of me. "Why? I stole your crush."

"Okay, when you put it that way..." she trailed off as she thought of an explanation. "It's not so bad, actually. I'm no longer obsessed with a guy and now that you've told me how desperate Yifan is for you, I'd rather find somebody who's desperate for me."

"Glad I could help," I remarked and took a small bite out of my donut.

She sighed dreamily. "Hmm, it must be nice to have a boy pine for you."

"But I don't like him."

"Still..."

I rolled my eyes, knowing it was time to move onto a different subject. "How's training going, by the way?"

"We're still working on variety skills," Hyo Jung said with a roll of her eyes. "Why do I need variety skills, anyway?"

"So that you don't come off as a boy-obsessed idol." I laughed when Hyo Jung threw her wad of napkin straight at me. "Who can't take a joke!"

"I'm not boy-obsessed," she said haughtily. "I was just Yifan-obsessed for a little bit."

"Right, just a little...bit." My eyes peered out the window and saw the face that I had been avoiding just a half hour ago. "He's following me!"

"Who?" Hyo Jung turned and craned her neck to see who I was talking about. It must've been easy for her to spot him because she had been doing it the whole time she had had a crush on him. "How did he know—"

"I'm not here!" I grabbed my bag and ran to the washroom, just as I noticed Yifan crossing the street.

How could he follow me around like this? Could he not understand the first time when I said I didn't like him? And why was I running away like a scared animal?

I pulled out my phone as the minutes passed and hoped a message would pop up, telling me that Yifan was just passing by the donut shop and I could come out of my hiding spot. But no such message came and I knew that Hyo Jung was busy talking to him.

After ten minutes, I sent the girl a text and waited for her to update me.

"He's heartbroken!" she exclaimed as she stormed into the washroom.

I groaned and leaned against the sink. "What does he want?"

"Wait a sec," she said, holding up a finger and running into a stall. "I think I'm gonna be sick."

"Why? He's not that weird when he's like this."

"No, I think I ate too much!" She gagged into the toilet bowl and I shrank away in disgust. I couldn't even bare to hold her hair out of the way.

"You only had a donut."

"I had to eat your donut! Your freaking Boston Cream donut!" She turned around and glared teasingly. "He suspected that it was yours until I took it and shoved it down my throat. Aren't I a great friend?"

I nodded weakly in response and Hyo Jung gagged again into the toilet bowl. "Who in their right mind likes Boston Cream anyway," she spat.

"I owe you one," I said as I cautiously stepped closer and patted her back. When she finally stood up, it was extra nerve-wracking to hear what she would say.

"I think he knows you're with me because... he brought an apology present."

I had to roll my eyes at his unnecessary gesture. "What is it?"

"I don't know but it looks pretty expensive."

"Hyo Junnnng," I whined, "how do I get out of here if he's out there waiting for me?"

"I guess I could distract him but it'd be better to just get him out of the shop altogether."

An idea popped into my head and I whipped out my phone. "Luhan!" I shouted when he picked up after the first ring.

"Yeon Mi?"

"Luhan, can one of the guys come to the donut shop? I don't care who it is, just please come down. I really need your help."

"I'm on my way there right now, actually."

I looked up at Hyo Jung with a confused expression. "Really?"

"Yeah, Yifan called me to pick up Hyo Jung. Apparently she was feeling sick or something."

I gave an exasperated sigh. "I'm the one that's sick, Luhan. Come pick me up!"

"Oh... all right."

I hung up and thanked the restroom's ceiling that Luhan was never one to suspect anybody. I heard a groan from beside me and found Hyo Jung with her shoulders slumped over.

"He called Luhan to pick me up?"

"He did," I replied meekly. When Hyo Jung looked up with a little pout, I couldn't help but feel bad for her. "I'm sorry..."

"Don't be sorry for me. Be sorry for yourself!" she said as she stood up straighter. "He's totally trying to get you alone."

I bit my lip, knowing she was right. "I guess."

"It's okay, it shouldn't take long for Luhan to get here. I'll distract Yifan and tell you when it's safe to leave, all right?"

"Thanks," you said as you hugged her tightly. "You're the best."

"Ew, I almost threw up in the toilet just now and you want to hug me?"

I shoved her away and opened the door for her. "Fine, no hugs but thank you anyway!" She stumbled out while trying to contain her laughter and I ducked back into the washroom, afraid that Yifan would see me.

Commence Mission Impossible, I thought while fixing my hair and checking for possible vomit marks.
 
---
 
one more exam and then i'm free from high school and i can party and i can go out and i can be outta here oh goddddd it feels good
btw guys have you noticed how cute kris has gotten these days? uwu makes it harder to write these chapters. i'm kinda sad about this chapter because i had to rewrite it and i think my unfinished original one was a lot better but ofc technology got in the way and i lost it aaaaaah
i hope you guys have a great week because i know i will! ^^