Chapter Three

Her Confession, His Confession
“What do you mean he doesn’t like her?” My jaw had dropped and my mind was trying to wrap around the fact that all our hard work might be put to waste. “How could he not? I saw them talking with my own eyes! He bought her an ice cream before!”

“Calm down, noona.” Tao put his hands up in surrender and I realized I had leaned over to their side. I slowly sat back down and stared at Hyo Jung’s bag that Yifan had left on the seat beside me.

Yixing laughed nervously as he tried to explain the situation without angering me. “We all know that Hyo Jung likes Yifan but…he doesn’t like her. He likes somebody else.”

“Who is it? If it’s another trainee, I’m gonna—” I stopped and sat back again, a little surprised at the tone of my voice. There was nothing I could do if Yifan liked somebody else. I couldn’t change his feeling just like I couldn’t get Hyo Jung to like another guy.

“Here.” I looked over and saw Yifan tossing cans to the three boys and then placing my Sprite in front of me.

I groaned out loud and slid over so there was considerable space between him and me. Some bags fell off the edge as I shifted to one side but I didn’t care as I leaned my sweaty forehead against my arms on the table. I didn’t want to deal with Hyo Jung and Yifan anymore. I gave up.

“What happened?” Yifan asked as he slowly took a seat on the bench beside me.

“She—” Tao began but I couldn’t let him reveal Hyo Jung’s intentions.

“Nothing!” I sat up and beamed a smile at Yifan before grabbing the Sprite. “Nothing at all. Thank you!” I turned my head to look at the passersby and leaned my head on my fist. I hoped it was clear enough that they shouldn’t bother me.

There was a moment of silence before Tao whispered horribly loudly. “Yeon Mi’s having her time of the month.”

That did it.
 
None of them talked to me for a good ten minutes as I sat there and gathered my thoughts.

What the hell was I supposed to do? I had prepped Hyo Jung so well and we’d worked so hard to make sure everything would play out smoothly. And now it was over before she even had a chance.

But was I supposed to tell her? Was I supposed to be the one to break the news to her and ultimately break her heart?

I lifted my head slightly as I heard Hyo Jung’s name coming from the boys. “What did you say?” I cast a glare towards Luhan who looked like he was ready to jump out of his seat.

“I-I said, there’s Hyo Jung and the guys.”

I turned and saw the group walking towards us. I stood up to greet them but Hyo Jung fell down onto my seat beside Yifan. She took a long sip of my drink until it was finished and I pursed my lips. Maybe I should leave Yifan to deal with Hyo Jung himself.

“You guys want anything?” I asked as the rest of the boys came by our table. I pulled out my wallet and took everybody’s orders. When I got to Hyo Jung though, she simply sat there, worshiping the black-haired male god beside her.

I shrugged and ran the orders through my head as I walked away, hoping I wouldn’t have to be the matchmaker for the rest of the day.

“Hey,” a voice appeared from behind and I saw Yifan following me. “I’ll help you.”

I crossed my arms as I walked but let him come with me anyway. Maybe the guys will be the ones to break Hyo Jung’s heart. That’d lift a lot of pressure off my shoulders and Yifan’s.

“Is everything all right?” he asked as we approached the line for food.

I sighed and tried to put on a smile. “Yeah, everything’s fine.”

“Do you want me to find some medicine for you or…”

This time, I laughed genuinely. “No no, it’s not like that.” I almost couldn’t stop giggling as Yifan gave me a confused stare. “I’m fine. I’m not on my period.”

“But Tao said…okay, nevermind.” Yifan looked embarrassed as he turned his eyes to look at the menu. “You haven’t been on any of the rides yet, right?”

I nodded as I thought of a new plan. Maybe I could get Yifan to fall in love with Hyo Jung. If that happened, everything would fall into place. If only falling in love were that easy.

“Then how about I go on the boats with you? Or we could go on the Ferris wheel if you want to tackle your fear of heights,” Yifan suggested before turning to glance in my direction. “I mean, I don’t want you to waste your ticket.”

I nodded again but I wasn’t really paying attention to what he was saying. “Yeah, sure,” I mumbled. I was trying to come up with a new way to solve this problem and remember the boys’ orders at the same time.

Maybe what I needed was to figure out who Yifan liked. Then I could compare her to Hyo Jung and change my friend so she’d be irresistible for Yifan.

“So boats or Ferris wheel?” he asked.

I turned to Yifan and looked into his brown eyes. Boats or Ferris wheel? Where would it be nice to get Yifan and the new Hyo Jung alone?

I weighed the two options in my head.

Boats would be outdoors and not as intimate as the closed space of a Ferris wheel compartment.

Besides, if they were on a Ferris wheel, they’d be forced to talk to one another…meaning no chance of leaving.

And then, when I’ve coached the new Hyo Jung on how act irresistible for Yifan, they might even kiss! A kiss on a Ferris wheel was every girl’s dream.

I beamed brightly at my own reasoning. “Ferris wheel,” I said and for some reason he smiled as well.

Wait a minute, what had he asked me earlier?

I looked down and saw that his pinky was hooked in mine. “Promise me you’ll go on the Ferris wheel with me?”

“Uhh…” My eyes darted from his face to our pinkies.

He shook his hand just as the person before us left with their order. “Don’t chicken out,” he challenged me as he walked up to the counter.

Did I just set myself up with him?
 
---
 
haaha